S.O.T.D. Saturday 1th JuneMay to Friday 7th June 2013 ...

dodgy said:
Hey John, that's a pretty good visual eh?

So Graeme, you were using that sarcasm stuff on me? Man, that is a low blow, since you know that type of humor totally escapes me. You guys who say one thing and mean another......I will never figure that out, seeing as how I am a Yankee person.

So in a recent post, Carl was explaining why most posts here have something ass related going on somewhere. Thank you for carrying on the tradition.

He suggested I look up something like 'colon blow'. Excellent information.

Even though me thinks them're Yanks, look at the hats and funny shirts
6824808848_812056f66f_z.jpg

dodgy said:
John said:
You don't suppose Mr G was just being a little.... sarcastic in his post?

He I wake up freezing in the middle of the night to find that she is sleeping on her front and the duvet is fluttering 3 feet above the bed like a magic carpet. All-Bran and prune juice anyone?
:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:Top form Mr G

Hey John, that's a pretty good visual eh?

So Graeme, you were using that sarcasm stuff on me? Man, that is a low blow, since you know that type of humor totally escapes me. You guys who say one thing and mean another......I will never figure that out, seeing as how I am a Yankee person.

So in a recent post, Carl was explaining why most posts here have something ass related going on somewhere. Thank you for carrying on the tradition.

He suggested I look up something like 'colon blow'. Excellent information.
[/quote]

:icon_lol::icon_lol: You have provoked the scotsman, see if you looked into history you would discover that despite google maps showing England Ireland Scotland, Wales, being in the same area on the planet but thats as far as it goes in all honesty,

Scotland, Ireland, and Wales are, and have always will be, fearlessly independent to England.

Yes in school they told us English empire spanned the seven sea's, But missed out that we could never control our own door step, Dealing with a Scotsman is as prickly as a thistle, the Irish well they'll blow you up and or shoot you, and the welsh well if your english and try to buy a house in wales and they find out... they will set fire to it just to make sure you don't move in.

If you pick a fight with either, well buddy your on your own. :icon_cheesygrin: :icon_cheesygrin:

HAVE A NICE DAY!! (look at that martin... yank sarcasm)

usual prep - hot face wash
brush -simpsons
soap - NSS soft lavender
razor - cardoso 6/8 near wedge
razor - fatip piccolo
skin food and blenhim boquet

used the piccolo to dispatch 3 and a half days with the grain. used the stright xtg and atg(very carefully!) all told a good shave. i think that i will have to practice with the straights more. and use them more regularly, ie less time between shaves but less passes perhaps.
still a bbs result.
steve

John said:
SmallBeard said:
John said:
SmallBeard said:
John said:
With the blood running down my face and dripping on my chest I pressed on, your going to have to a lot better than that to stop me from finishing my shave... you little bitch :mad: I've had worse and have the scars to prove it

I will NOT be whipped by no blade :p

John, you crazy man!

I'm going to try the shavette again later, and reading this has inspired me to carry on like a trooper if I inevitably cut off a lip, or an ear.

Thanks! :angel:

LOL probably I am crazy, the wife thinks so (it was the look I was giving out of the corner of my eye)........Any time you want to stop bleeding....... NO? I'll just carry on with the other side of my face then that bits still good to go :mad: The amusing thing is on friday its our anniversary (the day me and the misses met) and I've got to go around with a fucked up face.... monster, monster :icon_razz:

No surrender! You bleed there? Well then I'll just shave over here!

Haha, I'm not sure she would agree with amusing, but I'm sure you will still have a great time :). She's probably just glad you know when it is! :icon_razz:
Thanks, 13 years have passed since we met, she changed my life from being a drunken twat into a sober twat, and then into a father, at the end of the month we have been marred 6 years.
Just recently I went to the doctors for a repeat prescription and the doctor felt compelled to chat she said " I see your married Mr Kingsford, do you have children?"
"yes I have Three"
"how old are they"
" 10, 7, 4" Getting angry with the quack's now probing questions
"HUH but you've only been married for 6 years"there's the attack, and now for the revenge.....:icon_twisted:
"yes thats correct, I've been living in sin Baby" said making thrusting movements
that gave her a :blush: for asking and for crossing my path :D:D

Haha, that made me laugh! 3 years this year with the girlfriend, and I've gone from a twat to an even bigger twat, but we must be doing something right :).

I'm sure she soon regretted it :icon_razz:. She won't be doing that again in a hurry! My parents were never married, so I'm a bastard in 2 ways!

SmallBeard said:
John said:
SmallBeard said:
John said:
SmallBeard said:
John, you crazy man!

I'm going to try the shavette again later, and reading this has inspired me to carry on like a trooper if I inevitably cut off a lip, or an ear.

Thanks! :angel:

LOL probably I am crazy, the wife thinks so (it was the look I was giving out of the corner of my eye)........Any time you want to stop bleeding....... NO? I'll just carry on with the other side of my face then that bits still good to go :mad: The amusing thing is on friday its our anniversary (the day me and the misses met) and I've got to go around with a fucked up face.... monster, monster :icon_razz:

Haha, I'm not sure she would agree with amusing, but I'm sure you will still have a great time :). She's probably just glad you know when it is! :icon_razz:
Thanks, 13 years have passed since we met, she changed my life from being a drunken twat into a sober twat, and then into a father, at the end of the month we have been marred 6 years.
Just recently I went to the doctors for a repeat prescription and the doctor felt compelled to chat she said " I see your married Mr Kingsford, do you have children?"
"yes I have Three"
"how old are they"
"HUH but you've only been married for 6 years"there's the attack, and now for the revenge.....:icon_twisted:
"yes thats correct, I've been living in sin Baby" said making thrusting movements

Haha, that made me laugh! 3 years this year with the girlfriend, and I've gone from a twat to an even bigger twat, but we must be doing something right :).

I'm sure she soon regretted it :icon_razz:. She won't be doing that again in a hurry! My parents were never married, so I'm a bastard in 2 ways!

LOL you must be doing something right after 3 years and still together :icon_razz: buy her a bunch of flowers and a box of chocolates on your next anniversary (girls like that shit.....mostly):angel:

Thursday

Final shave before a week of hols and living out of a suitcase...

Kent T4
Martin de Candre, wooden bowl
6/8 Le Grelot 1/4 grind
Roger & Gallet L'Homme ASB
Terre d' Hermes Pure Parfum

I forgot, to Martin: the quality of farting is also different here in Europe (no offense's of course meant, we're just having small culture and otherwise differences from you fat phucks) ...

main_differencethfhfhf_111894177.jpg

John said:
SmallBeard said:
John said:
SmallBeard said:
John said:

"yes I have Three"
"how old are they"

LOL you must be doing something right after 3 years and still together :icon_razz: buy her a bunch of flowers and a box of chocolates on your next anniversary (girls like that shit.....mostly):angel:

Well, after she enjoyed the brush and cream yesterday I'm thinking one of Fidos brushes :icon_razz:

I wouldn't use it, honest :angel:.

I joke, that wouldn't be too romantic would it. Happy anniversary love, here's some dead animal stuffed into alternative dead animal tusk....

Flowers and chocolates, can't really go wrong there :)

D-Day Shave of the day:

Monsavon
Gillette USA 2 piece Old with a English Wilkie
Vulfix 404 bodger
Old spice and Nomad EDT to finish.

So only GB, USA and France represented though on closer inspection the Old Spice is made in the EU.
Couldn't bring myself to include any Axis products, just didn't seem right on D Day

Morning, gents.

Thursday:

Prep: Claus Porto's Lime-oil face soap
Razor: EJ89 with iKon Bulldog handle
Blade: Polsilver Super Iridium (6)
Brush: Ecotools Kabuki
Shave soap: Scent from Heaven Blue Strattos (sic)
A/S: Blue Stratos
Cologne: Blue Stratos

Another terrific shave. I also used Scent from Heaven's Blue Strattos bath soap and shampoo soap before the shave. Damn, I smell good!

Today's shave,
Razor: Rotbart No.20.
Blade: Rotbart Exta Dünn. (1)
Brush: Kent H8.
Cream: Sir Irisch Moos.
Aftershave: D. R. Harris Windsor.
Balm: D. R. Harris Windsor aftershave milk.
EdC: D. R. Harris Windsor.

[attachment=7467]

Excellent shave today, the Windsor scent is probably my current favourite scent, I love it, I wish I used the shave cream too rather than the olfactory monstrosity that is Irisch Moos. It reminded me of an ashtray with the deodorising pellets that I remember my mum using in the late 80s, early 90s, very good performing cream though. It just whiffs a bit.

Scott.

q0ygdKL.jpg

MRGLO
GEM Push Button
GEM PTFE
Blenheim Bouquet New Formulation (Courtesy of Carolyne AKA "A Close Shave")
Erasmic Pure
Pinaud VIBR

Another good, if very mild, shave from the Push Button today. The Bay Rum stung like hell but smells good. Perhaps this blade has outstayed its welcome after 11 shaves!

the Windsor scent is probably my current favourite scent, I love it, I wish I used the shave cream too rather than the olfactory monstrosity that is Irisch Moos.

It's funny, I love Windsor too but find Irisch Moos great! It seems fresh, grassy/earthy to me.

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

vintage rebranded Simpsons best
'Webly'/Tungsten Personna 74 (NOS 9th shave)
Kent SS
Neutrogena oil free moisture
Givenchy 'Xeryus' EdT (old juice)

BBS results,

Martin

Prep: Hot shower
Brush: Pensoftheforest Rod Neep
Razor: C V Heljestrand B K 42 from Eskilstuna Sweden
Soap: Tabac
AS: 4711
Strops: Neil Miller
Result: Uberclean :D

Swedish national day and most folks here are off duty. The wild strawberries in the garden are slowly coming around and the blade had no problem with a couple of days worth stubble :D

Okay, so I give you an early and patriotic (and authentic) pic of ABBA to celebrate our National Day:
4175416_35.jpg

Prep: Hot shower
Pre: Proraso pre-shave (sensitive)
Soap: NSS hard, Cedarwood and Vetyver (soap of the week)
Brush: New Forest 2213
Bowl: Woodhead Pedestal
Razor: Gillette Slim @8
Blade: Gillette Yellow (2)
After: Superdrug Forest Fresh AS, Nivea ASB

Nanny's Soap Week Day 3

Another day and another Nanny soap, this time a hard variety. I think the Nanny tins are great, just the right size and very practical.

I prepared this soap as I would MWF (soak the whole thing in the basin while I shower, apply to brush with tin upside-down for about 30 secs ).
The first pass went ok, a bit thin and only just managed to get the soap to lather correctly. Then for the next two passes I ran out of lather so had to re-load the brush from the soap and face lather. This did create a quality lather and a smooth shave but I needed to use a lot of product.
Once again this seems to result from my hard water. Next time I use this soap I'll start off loading with much more product.

Slim at setting 8 was just right for me, even though that's right near to max setting the razor doesn't feel harsh at all, in fact gave a lovely smooth, irritation-free shave.

Result: BBS with nicely conditioned soft skin.

Back
Top Bottom