S.O.T.D. Saturday 1th JuneMay to Friday 7th June 2013 ...

Prep: Hot shower
Pre: Proraso pre-shave (sensitive)
Soap: NSS soft, Down Home Summer (soap of the week)
Brush: Semogue 830
Bowl: Woodhead Pedestal
Razor: Gillette Slim @7
Blade: Gillette Yellow (1)
After: Alum, Superdrug Sierran Breeze AS, St.James Mandarin & Patchouli gel

Nanny's Soap Week Day 2

Much better performance from the soap than yesterday, I got the mix just right; silky and glossy. I used twice as much as yesterday's shave, a decent almond-sized blob into the bowl. Probably even too much as I had enough spare for another 2 passes.

I like the balance of scents in Nanny's, the soap in the tub smells quite strong but is just right when you lather. Another flavour for tomorrow.

I'm still leaving a few whiskers under my chin though. I'll crank up the Slim to 8 tomorrow I think. Maybe it's this summer weather that's making my whiskers tougher.

RgUjfHS.jpg

MRGLO
GEM Push Button
GEM PTFE
Blenheim Bouquet New Formulation (Courtesy of Carolyne AKA "A Close Shave")
Chinese Pure
Simpsons Balm

First use of the Push Button and the BB soap. Both performed well, but the GEM was a bit mild compared to the 1912 and Streamline.

Afternoon, everyone.

Wednesday:

Prep: Claus Porto's Lime-oil face soap
Razor: EJ89 with iKon Bulldog handle
Blade: Polsilver Super Iridium (5)
Brush: Ecotools Kabuki
Shave soap: Kell's Aloe and Hemp, Energy
A/S: Pashana Bay rum
Cologne: Halston's Unbound

Still great shaves.

Hot flannel
Proraso pre, green
Simpson's Colonel X2L, Nanny's soft soap - tea tree and aloe very (soap of the week)
ATT Atlas R1, Polsilver SI (1)
Cold splash, alum block
Clinique post-shave healer

I needed a close shave today, so the Atlas R1 duly obliged.. but it was far too nicky, including a major styptic intervention at one point. I think the Merkur Progress has rather spoiled me and I'm running out of patience with the ATTs. Still, you live and learn.

Nowt wrong with the soap of the week.

Wednesday 5th June

sotd5613.jpg

Warm shower
Hot flannel
Nanny's Warm spice hard soap scuttle lathered (soap of the week)
Simpson Commodore x3 best badger brush
Gillette 1956 redtip superspeed
Gillette super thin (2)
Cold rinse
Witch hazel
Boot's Freshwood aftershave

Lovely comfortable shave, best this week :icon_razz:

Brian

Wednesday 05-06-13. MUSIC: The Clash - London Calling (1979).

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RteJxZMkuWQ[/video]

5df77716-fd49-4813-9d3c-3261b84bdbe6.jpg

Soap from Aleppo - Semogue SOC two bands - Gillette Nº58 - Israeli Personna #3 - Pre JASÖN - Shaving soap Cella - Alum block - Thayers Original Aloe Vera - ASB Myrsol Emulsión - ASL Myrsol Agua de Limón.

Liz Earle C&P
Erasmic Tube
EJ Super
Fat Handle Tech
Treet Platinum
Doozle Serum.

Very good today I think I have found a blade that works the best for me
In my tech.Not super sharp but as smooth as silk finish.Well pleased.:icon_smile:

Proraso pre
Mike's Orange, Cedarwood & Black Pepper Soap
Omega 37 Boar
Merkur 34c HD
Feather (1)
Thayer's Original
Acqua Di Parma ASB
[attachment=7460]

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1370453154.510414.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1370453154.510414.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 15
merkur hd
mem super silver platinum
semogue oc 2 band
trumpers coconut oil shaving cream
vintage shulton old spice AS

another good shave with the mem blade. i think these blades have an extra coating of voodoo on them, they dont feel at all sharp but they produce a great, irritation free shave. ill see how the third shave goes with these, im impressed so far.

Today's Shave

Feather Artist Club SS Razor
Feather Pro Super blades
Kent BK8 Brush
NSS Cedarwood & Vetyver Face Lathered
The Prof Endymion Balsam

These Pro Super Blades are ones to watch out for all right, first pass north-south fabulous, now I've got a 50-50 chance so I'll go west-east.
You know the burning pain of a cut right? feeling the blade sink in to your flesh... right on the jaw line, unconvincing bitch scratch :exclamation:

With the blood running down my face and dripping on my chest I pressed on, your going to have to a lot better than that to stop me from finishing my shave... you little bitch :mad: I've had worse and have the scars to prove it, this time going from the middle of my face to my ear puffing my cheeks works perfectly.

2 pass shave.. BSS with bitch scratch. next time I shave with this blade....Its a
personal grudge match I will NOT be whipped by no blade :p

That sounds horrific. I'd rather shave with an actual disposable.

Gillette Slim Adjustable
Astra Superior Platinum
Semogue SOC 2-band
Palmolive Classic stick
Proraso white soap (new)
Proraso Aftershave balm
Diptyque Philosykos edp

I couldn't work out whether I wanted Palmolive or Proraso, so I super lathered using both. The Astra deteriorated horribly during the third pass; I like them for three shaves but they rarely stretch comfortably to a fourth.

Prep: Cold Water Splash
Razor: R41 '13 Weber Bulldog
Blade: Astra SP (2)
Brush: Neep 26mm (48mm Loft) Stone Extra Silvertip #1283
Soap: VITOS Super Extra Coconut
Aftershave: Speick Splash

A great BBS, 2 pass, cold water, face lather shave.

The Astra SP a very good match for the R41.

John said:
With the blood running down my face and dripping on my chest I pressed on, your going to have to a lot better than that to stop me from finishing my shave... you little bitch :mad: I've had worse and have the scars to prove it

I will NOT be whipped by no blade :p

John, you crazy man!

I'm going to try the shavette again later, and reading this has inspired me to carry on like a trooper if I inevitably cut off a lip, or an ear.

Thanks! :angel:

WEDNESDAY EVENING

Prep: Hot rinse
Razor: Mergress long handle
Blade: Feather (1)
Brush: Neep Jasper Aztec
Soap: GFT Sandlewood - scuttle lathered

This must be 'claret week'. I nicked a mole the other night, and tonight I took the top off a spot on the edge of my bottom lip. Bled like nobodies business!

Gairdner said:
Today I used a razor with a blade, a shaving brush with some shaving soap, a wee drop aftershave and a spot of women's moisturiser after which I slapped on some cologne. It was just fine.

Short, sharp and to the point! :D

Back
Top Bottom