S.O.T.D. Saturday 22nd April to Friday 28th April 2017

Sunday 23 April 2017

Ag1LHO4EIJbvd5piIR2iAS6-31lQgI-22VUjnpkTz3DAPwZus1YIwMEqqv4tAezkv7rWryP8EXdJ2HxtWtsEJLoCS_wHTsDLeqw=w1920-h1080-no

Mastro Livi Inox "Grifone", 9/8 Full Hollow, Livi Snake Point, Blue Buckeye

Grifone Shave! This is a straight razor Mastro Livi made for me quite a long time, it was more or less the period in which he released Grifetto razor and, as the steel for this blade is the very same used for Grifetto although the size is bigger than it - it is a 9/8 - we called this razor "Grifone" (Big Gryphon). It has a magnificent velvety touch and a wonderful shaving performance, leaving behind the best BBS shave. I also used a Mastro Livi Bristle shave brush, confirming the superior quality of the brushes he makes, and one of the best Italian shaving cream made by "Antica Barbieria Colla" of Milan. I also used L'Erbolario's Vetiver and Witch Hazel lotion, an alcohol-free aftershave, and I admit I like alcohol based lotions better. They simply are more effective, at least in my skin.​

• Pre-Shave: RazorGuy Pre-Shave Oil
  • Soap: Antica Barbieria Colla Almond Oil Shaving Cream
  • Brush: Mastro Livi Bristle, Padouk, 26mm Knot
  • Bowl: Old Barber Bowl
  • Strop: Mastro Livi Medium Loom Strop "Coramella Italiana" and Hand Palm
  • Razor: Mastro Livi Inox "Grifone", 9/8 Full Hollow, Livi Snake Point, Blue Buckeye
  • Post-Shave: Alum Block
  • Post-Shave: Umbrian Extravirgin Olive Oil
  • After Shave: L'Erbolario Vetiver and Witch Hazel After Shave Lotion

Sunday 23rd April 2017
sotd 23rd april.JPG
Pre Shave: Hot Shower, L'Oreal Hydra Power Face Wash and Proraso Red
Razor: Ever Ready 1912
Blade: GEM Stainless Steel PTFE coated (#2)
Brush: Plisson Pure Badger
Cream: Proraso Red
AS: Proraso Sandalwood & Shea butter.

Excellent shave today, it was my second shave with the 1912 and last time there was some irritation, this time all was well. Nice smooth and close shave, I think I am going to like using this 1912 razor and will definitely be trying a shim in it at some point.

As I get a “five o'clock shadow” minutes after a BBS shave, I thought I would try a one-day old stubble shave…

Preparation – face washed with Clique Liquid facial soap (mild)

Pre: Proraso pre-shave (white)
Soap: Geo F Trumper Almond sample cream
Razor: Merkur 34c
Blade: Feather (4th use)
Brush: Molton Brown Brush
Balm: Proraso shaving balm

Clean shave today – 2 passes with and across (touch up against)

Oh and the Geo F Trumper shaving cream was very nice – great smell and awesome lather, no issues. Also, I prefer showering after I have shaved hence my preparation and it works for me (so far).

Everyone have good day / shave
clip_image001.png
:)

Last edited:
Prep - Noxzema / Hot towel
Pre shave - Proraso
Razor – Merkur 34C HD
Blade – Astra S/S
Brush - 'The Duke' (Duke 3 Best)
Soap – Nanny's Traditional - Moroccan Sands
Post - Cold water rinse, Chatillon Lux – Bon Vivant Post Shave Toner

a very satisfying shave, the best one yet with Nanny's.. :)

Yesterday's shave.

First shave with the PAL Injecto- Matic bought from @Blademonkey . Thanks Paul.

The Razor: This razor is going to take some time to get used to. I had some very rough and tender patches. I needed to use a styptic match for the first time too.
A very light touch and trying to keep the right angle is the order of the day.

The Brush: AMAZING! That's all I'm saying.;):p

Have a restful day.
Cheers
Rob AKA: Sweet and Tender hooligan

Yesterday's shave.

First shave with the PAL Injecto- Matic bought from @Blademonkey . Thanks Paul.

The Razor: This razor is going to take some time to get used to. I had some very rough and tender patches. I needed to use a styptic match for the first time too.
A very light touch and trying to keep the right angle is the order of the day.

The Brush: AMAZING! That's all I'm saying.;):p

Have a restful day.
Cheers
Rob AKA: Sweet and Tender hooligan

You'll get there Rob. Like any type of razor; practice makes perfect. Then you'll be trying all the different types of injector blade:p

Great looking brush by the way!

Sunday evening...

Soap - Wickham's 1912 Cashmere
Brush - Semogue 1520
Face lather
Razor - Schick Injector E3
Blade - Personna Injector
Post - Thayer's Rose Petal and Aloe Vera, alum block
Smell - Proraso M&E a/s

I reckon this must have been the 8th or 9th outing for the blade (lost count, actually). So a slightly rough finish on the chin (a zit or two); but beautifully smooth elsewhere. I still reckon the E3 and G8 are my favourite SEs. I'm trying to hold on to my Chinese Schick blades (two unopened packs) as they seem to be getting quite rare. The Personnas aren't bad, though. So another one is injected for the next E3 use.

It's always nice to be reminded of how good the 1912 Cashmere is. The Semogue worked a great lather in no time.

Have a great forthcoming week, everyone.

S.
20170423_193600.jpg

Back
Top Bottom