S.O.T.D. Saturday 22th June to Friday 28th June 2013 ...

Warm shower
Proraso pre, green
New Forest Tubby 1, Tabac stick
Merkur Progress (#3;#2.5), Personna Med Prep (2)
Cold splash, alum block
Clinique post-shave healer

Close... but cut myself three times. Maybe took my eye off the ball... and Med Preps aren't my favourites, just using them up before I order a load of Lab Blues... might ditch this particular one just in case

Kyoku Brushless
EJ Mach3
Witch Hazel Gel.

Not bad but not brilliant either.Needed something fast this morning
But should have gone for quality over speed:icon_sad:

Today's shave

Thin handle British tech
Feather Blade
Re knotted Kent BK2 Brush
Fitjar shaving Cream, Norwegian Fern (wild man of the woods sent)
Blue Stratos aftershave splash

Result BSS WTG :)

Gillette New
Ladas (1)
Semogue 1520
Vito's Coconut
Lucky Tiger FT

Either the Ladas (first ever use) is rough or the lather I got from the Vito's wasn't protective enough. Perhaps a bit of both. BBS but my skin feels a bit irritated.

merkur hd
chinese gillette super blue
shavemac #25 silvertip
truefitt and hill trafalgar shaving cream
4711 AS
oscar for men edt

a close, comfortable and wonderfully fresh smelling shave. one of those shaves where it all comes together, the chinese super blue is an excellent blade.

Prep: Cold Water Splash
Razor: US Red Tip Super Speed
Blade: 7 O'Clock Yellow (2)
Brush: SOC Boar
Soap: Proraso Menthol
Aftershave: Aqua Velva Ice Blue Splash

A lovely, 2 pass, cold water, face lather shave.

The SOC arrived today so i thought i'd test it out, i got an awesome lather with the proraso on the first attempt. A very nice brush from the start, i look forward to seeing what it's like when broken in!

My face is still frozen from the Proraso & Aqua Velva :)

Pre: Hot shower and warm water splash
Razor: Fromm Hair Shaper (minis the guard)
Blade: Fromm Teflon Coated Stainless Steel
Brush: Vulfix 376S Super Badger
Soap: RazoRock Napoleon's Violet

I did my usual prep of a hot shower followed by a warm water splash before jumping on in. I performed a three pass with the grain/against the grain/across the grain shave and finished up with a cold water rinse. I also decided to experiment with a recipe that I found online for some home made after shave. Glycerin, witch hazel, and essential oil for scent. The result was a BBS shave with zero nicks, zero irritation, and very little effort. The Fromm was kind of unwieldy the first time I used it, but I seem to have gotten the hang of it. It glided along smoothly and easily and made for an effortless shave. I removed the guard and used it with a bare blade, but I would be curious to see how it shaves with it on. The small scales actually seemed to work in my favor in a few tight spots, but I would still like to see how it does when rescaled with a more traditional set. The RazoRock continues to live up to its lofty reputation and made me happy with excellent lather and a nice clean after scent. The Vulfix is a bit floppy, but good. Its soft hair make it comfortable, even for folks with sensitive skin and it gathers up water and soap like a camel preparing for a long haul. The home brewed A/S splash still stank, but instead of just smelling like witch hazel it smelled like lime scented witch hazel...ugh. it did relax my skin and leave it feeling nice and smooth, but there has got to be a better way. In spite of the witch hazel stink, I was very happy with the shave, and looked forward to continuing with this set up, it is an excellent way to close out the month.

For more details on this shave, more SOTDs, product reviews, and rants visit my blog: https://cryofthewildjabberwock.wordpress.com/

[attachment=7711]

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1372107302627.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1372107302627.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 30

Musgo Real glyce classic soap
Cobra Classic / Dorco
H L Thäter 4125/00
L'Occitane Cade shaving soap
Proraso Green Aftershave

Dorco is definitely mellowing :)

MONDAY EVENING

Prep: Hot flannel
Razor: Gillette Parat
Blade: Gillette Super Stainless (3)
Brush: Coates Fitzwilliam
Cream: GFT Sandalwood - muglathered

Very impressed with this brush. Nice bit of scritch, and it lathers up very well already after a zero break in period.

Have found myself using straight razor skin stretching whilst using the DE, and it really helps.

Tuesday:

Palmolive cream
Semogue 2012 SE
#15 Aristocrat
Gillette 7 o'clock SharpEdge
Witch Hazel
Blue Stratos AS

Lovely shave, nice lather from the Palmolive. Great shave from the Aristocrat as usual. As an added bonus, the sun is back out!

Greetings

Tuesday 25th June 2013
Prep: Shower
Razor: Schick Adjustable
Blade: Personna Stainless Coated
Brush: Shaving Factory Med. Boar
Soap: Palmolive Stick (grated) Palmolive Cream & Glycerine Ãœberlather
Aftershave: Astral cream (light)

A super smooth shave.

Regards
Dick.

DSC04441.JPG