S.O.T.D. Saturday 22th June to Friday 28th June 2013 ...

Monday night

Razor : Feather Popular
Blade : Feather
Soap : Palmolive stick (soap of the week)
Brush : C&E super badger
Balm : Clinique post shave healer

Not a great shave last night. The Feather took two spots off my chin which I had managed to avoid previously and then one of them decided to bleed for quite a long time.

This morning

Pre: Bulldog face wash and hot flannel
Razor: Merkur 34G HD (Feather#2)
Cream: Palmolive and Ingram mix (I needed the menthol to help wake me up)
Brush: Wee Scot
A/S: Forest Fresh
Bulldog moisturiser

The Feather blade felt better on the second use, it was a bit rough on the first use for some reason. Good shave, nice and refreshing.

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

vintage Simpsons rebranded best
1958 Executive/Feather
Surrey SS (pre VDH reformulation)
Lucky Tiger AS and Face Tonic
Malizia 'Vetyver' EdT

Great shave using a favorite razor/blade combo.

BBS results,

Martin

Afternoon, everyone.

Tuesday:

Prep: Claus Porto's Lime-oil face soap
Razor: EJ89 with iKon Bulldog handle
Blade: Polsilver SI (4)
Brush: Ecotools Kabuki
Shave soap: Palmolive stick
A/S: Iris Sauvage
Cologne: Terre d'Hermès

Another excellent shave.

Tuesday 06-24-13. MUSIC: Led Zeppelin - Led Zeppelin IV.

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bd98Mf_I3qw[/video]

fe1f6c99-8470-4949-bde8-6a5e3a4a0679.jpg

Soap from Aleppo - Morris & Forndran 28X56 blonde badger - Merkur 11C - Iridium Super #4 - Pre JASÖN - Shaving soap Haslinger Ewe's milk - Alum block - Thayers Medicated - ASB Institut de Karité - ASL Aqua Velva.

Tuesday 25th June

qcwf.jpg

Warm shower
Hot flannel
Speick cream scuttle lathered
Simpson Emperor 1 super badger brush
Gillette 1955 Red tip superspeed
Astra SP (2)
Cold rinse
Witch hazel
Speick aftershave

Lovely comfortable shave today. All fresh and clean for a classical music concert tonight Julian Lloyd Webber and his wife Jiaxin. Bradfield music festival.

Brian

Cold shower
Proraso pre/post
MdC Fern
Muehle Synthetic silvertip
Feather SS w/ProGuard, 37c to finish
Pitralon Classic
Floris Santal ASB

Great shave, but although MdC is a great soap that delivers excellent performance and nice smell, I will admit it doesn't do it any better than what I get from my 3 Euro Speick stick. Not sure if I like this Fern more than I do Speick's valerian inspired herbal scent too.
Otherwise, great classy product, makes the whole experience feel a bit more special.

This morning:

Prep: Cold rinse
Razor: Kropp 6/8", ivorine scales, restored by Jamie
Brush: Simpson Major in best
Cream: Taylor's Violets

Not bad even though I forgot to strop before using (I normally do 40 pre and 20 post these days).

Todays Shave

cxc3.jpg

Wilkinson Sword Classic
Feather Blade
Kent BK8 Brush
NSS Nutmeg Spice
Superdrug Sierran Breeze

This Razor is so lovely, I'll dump all my vintage razors for this wonderful injection moulded plastic Razor ........"NOT"

Result BSS WTG :dodgy:

Prep: BS Maca Root Exfoliating Face Scrub
Razor: Gillette Superspeed Flair Tip
Blade: Treet Platinum
Brush: BS Synthetic Brush
Soap: BS Maca Root Shaving Cream
Aftershave: Tea tree & witch hazel wash then Maca Root Razor Relief Moisturizing Balm.

Best shave to date. Wasn't really getting on with the Astra Platinum for the last 2 shaves, granted they were my first 2 DE shaves ever. I think this blade is much smoother and forgiving on angle as I only got cuts where I was being very silly with technique. May well have found a blade that just works for me.

TUESDAY EVENING

Prep: Cold rinse
Razor: CJB Kamisori
Blade: Feather Proguard
Brush: Thater 4124
Cream: GFT Sandalwood - scuttle lathered

As I've having a few good shaves with the Kai, I thought I'd go back to the CJB.

Blimey, what a difference. This seems much more draggy than the Kai and has left me with a few nicks and bit of burn.

I don't know if that's the difference between the stainless steel of the Kai and the coating of the CJB but I can certainly feel it.

The other factor is my lather could have been a bit cack I suppose. As ever, more practice required.

The Thater is a great brush BTW. Lovely and soft on the chops but a real lather demon.

As I suggested yesterday I substituted the EJ 89 for the Merkur and used TOBS Lemon & Lime everything else as before.
The shave was good but not as rewarding as with the Merkur, no complaints at all just now I feel the 38C is right for me. We will see how things go for a while.
Bob
Big Bob said:
Today's Shave early for me today as I have to go to a meeting so up and about nice and early. Two cups of Twinings Everyday Tea and into the bathroom.

Razor Merkur 38c Barber Pole
Blade Wilkinson Sword (Used before in EJ89) 2nd Use
Brush Chinese badger
TOBS Sandlewood Bowl lathered
TOBS A Superb Gentleman's Aftershave.
Result absolutely fantastically clean smooth shave BBS all the way.

So my second shave with the Merkur how pleased am I BBS and minimal touch ups.
Now I have mentioned that my technique is improving all the time so tomorrow I will use the EJ 89 for a back to back comparison.
I have a temporary shaving bowl at the moment but the results are fantastic and very rewarding.
I will be breaking out the camera soon, but you guys put my photography skills where my shaving skills were a short time ago.

Tuesday 25th June

Prep: Hot splash
Brush: NF 2041
Soap: Palmolive stick
Razor: Old type copy
Blade: Sputnik

Very nice shave, took down 4 days growth with 2 smooth passes. Very happy with this razor, and also the Sputnik blades. Palmolive soap is excellent too, I left the brush wetter than usual, but with more work on the face it made a lovely lather, more lubricating than usual. Great shave :)

Back
Top Bottom