S.O.T.D. Saturday 25th Febuary to Friday 3rd March 2017

I have quite a collection of Parker razors, and find all of them perform excellently, as you said for such reasonably priced de razor they are very good. I had my eye on the 60r,but I received the 92r as a Xmas present and I'm more than happy with it. All are great additions to my shaving den.
I have a razor that I think is a parker 98R, it came in a Penhaligon's Bayolea gift set, never tried using it, yet.:)

SOTD%20Feb%2026%202017_zps65a5ndxb.jpg

PILS :: Morris & Forndran :: Nuàvia

Great looking brush Rob, I too nearly lost my head when I saw the timeless and then I saw the oc blackbird .....how are you getting on with yours?

I sold my Blackbird and OC plate on Saturday to another member. They had approached me a while ago having seen I wasn't getting on with it.
I couldn't get on with either base plate TBH. It's a real same as I love the look of it but it's a razor and not an ornament.

I will get a Timeless soon. Did you buy one in the end?

I sold my Blackbird and OC plate on Saturday to another member. They had approached me a while ago having seen I wasn't getting on with it.
I couldn't get on with either base plate TBH. It's a real same as I love the look of it but it's a razor and not an ornament.

I will get a Timeless soon. Did you buy one in the end?
It is a shame you didn't get on with it but as you say it can't be an ornament .
No I never did pull the trigger on the timeless, after much thought I came to the conclusion that it couldn't do any more than my four ATT razors no matter what blade gap I went for. I'm fully covered with my M2 R2 S2 & H2 and it would just be another nice bit of stainless for me and also im really into SE razors now and since I bought my Supply single edge razor I've not felt the need to buy anything else apart from a vintage Pal adjustable that I just had to have! I may have got a grip on my razor buying but you never know what's around the corner!!! :)

Mon 27th Feb
RazoRock Plissoft 22mm
OSP Bay Rum
General + S/S Handle
Feather Pro [ 4 ]
Alum Rub/Rinse Off
Williams Aqua Velva A/S Lotion

Last minute shopping for Holiday , and then packing meant that I had my first evening Shave for 30 + years.
Do not know whether it was that extra growth, but the Shave smooth and comfortable and the finish really good all round. In fact it was that good that i might consider not shaving in the Morning.:)

IMG_1184.jpg

Helau!

Shave Fastnachtsonntag 2017 26.Feb

Gonna apply some make-up later for the costume...

Faena Dorica Soap (sample)
Gibbs No. 15 (N)
Sputnik (4)
Heltha Rein Dachs Brush
Töpferengel Scuttle
Tüff Rasierwasser herb (AS)

Superb close 2pass shave.

The best adjustable razor I came across yet. Unfortunately this exemplary is a bit battered and smells metallic during the shave.

d6d67814eca5cee2ebce10a53d49ef88.jpg
5f309b95a5bc250ffdc5fcff83066d9d.jpg

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk
Gibbs is my favorite DE razor! Absolute fantastic razor. Simple and efficiant design and allways a more than excellent shave with it!

Poslano sa mog EVA-L19 koristeći Tapatalk

SOTD: 28th Febuary 2017.
C3.jpg
Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: hot shower:/Cien: “Sport” shower gel & Shampoo/ warm wet flannel to my face.

Pre:

3 Drops of Wilkinsons Shaving Oil: / Fruits: Rhubarb & Vanilla Body Butter.

Brush: Semogue 1438.

Cream : Erasmic Lather Shave Cream.

Blade: Derby Extra. (new)

Razor: Russian Ideal Adjustable (setting no: 5).

Warm wet flannel/ cold wet flannel to rinse my face.

Lavender oil & Witch Hazel Mixture./Brut: Attraction Totale A/S.

Gillette Sensitive Skin A/S Balm.

Erasmic soap & cream has a love+hate opinion amongst the members of TSR, my personal preference, i find both the soap & cream are excellent,and have always performed well, providing a good lather, great slickness & protection with a wonderful post shave feeling..Another 3 pass + pick ups silky smooth shave with no errors to report.Enjoy your day,Gentlemen.:cool:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom