S.O.T.D Saturday 28th October - Friday 3rd November 2017

SOTD: 29/10/2017

Prep: warm shower
Razor: Razorock Hawk
Blade: Kai Captain Titan Mild 9th use
Brush: Vulfix Super Badger
Soap: NSS Signature English Rose
Post-shave: warm water, cold water, Thayers Rose Petal Witch Hazel with Aloe Vera, Simpsons Aftershave Balm

20171029_084930.jpg

The combination of the Hawk SE and the Kai Captain Titan Mild for me is fantastic. Close and smooth. My plan is to sell this Hawk with the Feather Pro blades and get the Black Hawk. A SE is definitely part of my rotation now. :D

Last edited:
Greetings

Sunday 29th October 2017
Prep: Shower
Razor: Fasan Slant
Blade: Permasharp
Brush: Vulfix / L'Occitane Plisson
Soap: Blue's
Aftershave: Astral Cream (soft)
EDT: Gres Cabochard

A very odd shave from my oddest razor. This is a frustratingly difficult razor to use, the blade is bent over so severely that holding the razor at the usual angle means the blade does not even touch the skin, the topcap merely slides over your face! The window of correct angle to get this razor to cut is tiny, that coupled with the razor being super mild results in a shave where multiple touch ups are required. To be frank I was losing patience with this razor and was considering abandoning the shave and using something else, I persevered and got a good shave but the effort required (for me) outweighs the result!

Regards
Dick.

29.10.17.JPG

Sunday 29th October

Birch Tar Soap
RSC Facial Scrub
Vitos Preshave Cream
Cyril R Salter Wild Rose Cream
Giles Shaving Co Bowl
Semogue SOC Badger in Cherry Wood
Thiers-Issard 5/8 Basic Razor
Alum Block and Rinse
Naissance Rose Water
L'Occitane L'Occitan EDT

Three passes for a wonderful Sunday Morning Shave. It is my first weekend off for a month and I am enjoying every moment of it:)

Morning Shave.

Baxters of California Face Wash, BBA Shave Oil.
MWF.
Maseto 30mm Finest (face lather).
Brass General.
Proline P-30 (5).
Thayers Witch Hazel (unscented).
Fine L'Orange Noir Aftershave.
Aloe Vera Gel.
Terre D'Hermes EDT.

I have always thought that there is no such thing as the perfect shave. But I'm wracking my brain thinking of ways my weekend shaves could have been improved. Have a great Sunday chaps.

image.jpg ~SOTD~ Sunday 29th October

Prep ~ Shower, Birch Tar Soap
Razor ~ Kropp 8/8ths
Soap ~ Old Spice.....Shulton
Brush ~ Brad Sears ~ Gonzo silvertip
Scuttle ~ Giles Shaving Co
Post ~ BBA Post Shave Balm
Scent ~ Guerlain Jicky

A thank you must go out to Ben ( @Benz3ne ) for not only enabling me as far as the 8/8ths Kropp is concerned ( by pointing out to me where one was for sale after I had bought his 7/8ths Kropp ) but also for his dislike for the Guerlain "Jicky" which I purchased from him not knowing if I would like it but as luck would have it I love it so thank you Ben :) may one thousand blessings be bestowed upon you :)

As for the shave, it was great. The 8/8ths Kropp is a big lad but only as big as my largest Kamisori so I had no dificulty in maneuvering the blade around my face and the wonderful Old Spice produced a slick protective lather which is always good when using any razor but especially when using a straight razor.
I took my time and was rewarded with skin as smooth as smooth can be. A really satisfying Sunday shave.
BBA PSB applied and the I finnished with a liberal spray of the wonderful "Jicky", very nice indeed.

Wishing you all a relaxing Sunday.......:) P.

View attachment 30412 ~SOTD~ Sunday 29th October

Razor ~ Kropp 8/8ths
Scent ~ Guerlain Jicky

A thank you must go out to Ben ( @Benz3ne ) for not only enabling me as far as the 8/8ths Kropp is concerned ( by pointing out to me where one was for sale after I had bought his 7/8ths Kropp ) but also for his dislike for the Guerlain "Jicky" which I purchased from him not knowing if I would like it but as luck would have it I love it so thank you Ben :) may one thousand blessings be bestowed upon you :)

As for the shave, it was great. The 8/8ths Kropp is a big lad but only as big as my largest Kamisori so I had no dificulty in maneuvering the blade around my face and the wonderful Old Spice produced a slick protective lather which is always good when using any razor but especially when using a straight razor.
I took my time and was rewarded with skin as smooth as smooth can be. A really satisfying Sunday shave.
BBA PSB applied and the I finnished with a liberal spray of the wonderful "Jicky", very nice indeed.

+1 on Jicky.

View attachment 30412 ~SOTD~ Sunday 29th October

Razor ~ Kropp 8/8ths
Scent ~ Guerlain Jicky

Wow that 8/8 surely is an investment! :O beautiful stuff! Cheers for the blessings, hopefully they'll work for me! :p I wonder if there's a 9/8...

Glad it's all good in the hood as they say! ;)

Pre: Warm water face wash
Brush: Semogue 1470 Boar
Cream: Body Shop Maca Root
Razor: Unknown Double Ring Clone
Blade: Feather Hi-Stainless

IMG_20171029_101726.jpg
My last two outings with this razor were too mild (inefficient). The second time I replaced the unusual top cap with one from a Single Ring, no change.
This time I used a Feather blade, slight improvement. I then loosened the handle a quarter of a turn and oh my, fantastic.

mzAIJCSY_o.jpg

Vie Long 04503
Schick G8 Injector
Schick (4)
The Gentlemans Groom Room Mountain Yew
Thayers Rose, Rockface All Weather Moisturiser & Old Spice Original

A very nice shave as I have come to expect from the injector, 4th use of the blade and it is still going strong. I will place an order this week for the blades from Japan. A nice quiet day ahead, a few hours of Football Manager before the main event of Blue Planet 2 tonight!!! Hope you all remembered to move your clocks back!

Since it is Sunday I decided to give the Rolls a try. The blade is looking pretty good but I'm not sure it is really ready so this might get interesting.

I washed and showered and said my prayers and faced Mecca and began.

First I built up a nice lather using the Zenith Horsehair (second actual shave) and the Old Spice puck. The brush really feels great and I love the Zenith 506 handle and it really likes lots of water.

The first pass was somewhat tentative but the blade wasn't tugging and there was no irritation. First pass wasn't very close and that's fine. The second pass was better but it was still not quite as efficient as I like. After a face rinse and alum rub I did some final touchup with lots of stretching and all the little techniques to get the hardest spots and then some TOBS Eton College as aftershave.

medium800.jpg

In all the final result was a PDG- shave for the day. It was comfortable, got around all the irritated places from the SE2 and looks and feels fine. The Zenith brush is still shedding but only seven hairs this time instead of eleven. I'll give it a few more shaves to see if it settles down. I did contact the seller and he is aware that some Zeniths have shown the same symptoms so all should be fine regardless.

Back
Top Bottom