image.jpg ~SOTD~ Monday 30th October

Prep ~ Shower, Donkey & Goat milk soap
Razor ~ Kropp 8/8ths
Soap ~ La Savonniere du Moulin
Brush ~ SOC Badger
Scuttle ~ Giles Shaving Co
Post ~ BBA Post Shave Balm
Scent ~ Iris Prima, Penhaligon's

Another shave with the Broardsword , pratice makes perfect and all of that! A good shave if a little slow but I'm still learning and things will get faster. A clean finnish, looking good! :)
A couple of sprays of the wonderful Iris Prima and I was good to go.

Have a great day people........:)

Today is the last of the Open Combs for this month; a Fatip Piccolo.

The Good & Bad. The Good is that it shaved like all the Fatips I've used and that I still haven't found any blade alignment issues. I simply put the cap down, drop the blade on the cap, put base plate on the cap/blade assembly the put the handle on the post. Once the handle is close to snug turn the whole assembly over and snug down.

The Bad is the handled machining. This example show obvious start stop points on about half of the guilloche cuts. It could have been a dull blade but most likely simply inattentive operator. This isn't something that can effect performance but it do look fuggly.

Soap was again the old Old Spice and the brush was an even older Strongset boar. The shave was a close. comfortable, effortless two pass with only minor touchup; PDG but not PDG+. Between the two Fatips this month I really prefer the Grande and since the heads are close to if not identical, the difference must be the handles.

The aftershave today was Veggie and I really like it.

medium800.jpg

Tomorrow a short summary of all the pairings for the month.

pEMsF1yj_o.jpg

Semogue 2000
Schick Krona
Schick Platinum Plus (9)
Vitos Red
Thayers Rose, Rockface All Weather Moisturiser & Floid Mentolado Vigoroso

This week I'll be using Vitos Red from Monday to Friday, if today is anything to go by it will be a treat indeed. Really gorwing on me is this soap. The blade keeps on giving, confident I can reach double figures and maybe get another 2 or 3 uses out of this blade. Nice start to a frosty Monday here in South Wales.

Mon 30th October
RazoRock Plissoft 22mm
L`Occitane Cade Cream
Alu. General/ ES Handle
Feather Pro [ 3 ]
Alum Rub / Rinse off
Puig Quorum A/S Lotion

Since getting this General I have been trying different handles to get a good balance. Today have borrowed one from my Claymore , which seems a good balance. The Shave was very smooth with no mishaps, no doubt helped by the excellent lather from the Cade. I think that the Pro blade is a good pairing with this Razor.

The finished Shave was satisfactory, and may have benefitted from some more polishing up work. Generally I get a closer finish with some of my heavier Se Razor, but feel this is a good combo for those with lighter growth.

IMG_0379.jpg

SOTD: 291017
View attachment 30440
Blade: Gem SS #1
Razor: Gem Streamline
Soap: S.V. Cosmo
Brush: S.V in Rose wood
Bowl: S.V Grail
EDT: Izzey Myake (Again coz I love it :)

Well after a long awaited time I have finally had the opportunity to use the renowned "Streamline."
It is a recent purchase but I had to wait for a new bottle of Barbicide before I could use it.
It has been my Holy Grail and I have to thank @Blademonkey for sending me on this path.
Using the lightest of feather touches I am truly amazed by this razor.
She is so, so audible and removes whiskers for fun. The weight, balance and build is far superior to anything I have had reviewed in the Gem range.
YMMV but she really is an aggressive little madam and needs to be treated like your first date. A little cwtch (cuddle in English :) ) and perhaps a peck on the cheek before you put her to bed.
All I can say is WOW!.
Two passes is all I wanted this evening because this lady will take a layer of your epidermis without asking you.
BBS and DFS around the neck area I am truly amazed by her.

I used the best Hardware that I own this evening to give this razor the credit she deserves.

Big shout out to @Blackmass for his advice and sourcing this brush. Big shout out for @Bandito for supplying it. Big shout out to @wayne mattison who gifted me this soap, (Yes guys for free) and finally a big shout out for @Olie29 who I bought the S.V Bowl from.

I know this has become more of an essay than the SOTD but I simply wanted to try and explain that I have found my "Holy Grail!"

Good night and God Bless all.
Wayne
That my mate is a first class set up you have there.

Monday 30th OCtober 2017
SOTD 30th OCt.JPG

Pre Shave: Hot Shower + L'Oreal Birch Sap Face Wash and Proraso white
Razor: iKon SBS + OSS handle
Blade: Gillette 7 O'clock Permasharp (#1)
Brush: Kent BLK4
Soap: Monsavon
Post: Alum Block, Cold water and Thayers Lavender Witch Hazel
AS: Nivea 2 phase

First shave with the iKon SBS and very impressed, I only used the open comb side today I think I had it on the less aggressive setting, with the dots showing instead of the cross-hair, is that correct? I only used the one side and just needed two passes, partly due to the lack of growth after using the brass General mid morning yesterday. The shave was very smooth and effortless and despite the size of the head it was easy to get under my nose area.

I spotted a Windrose handle that looks a bit like the Tradere handle so I have ordered one of those so I can have a poor man's Tradere.

Back
Top Bottom