S.O.T.D. Saturday 30th July 2016 to Friday 5th August 2016

image.jpg Sunday 31st July 2016 SOTD.
5th day shaving with the Hone type 15' voskhod new blade.
Started with my normal routine the only thing that has changed is the make of blade.
Skin fully hydrated, bloom water splashed on face, whipped up super slick MWF.
I could tell I had changed the blade, still smooth but not feeling as sharp as the Astra SP.
Carried out my usual three pass routine W X and ATG but on this occasion I found I needed a clean up pass to bring the shave up to my super smooth standard, still a very smooth shave but I did need need to clean up a little. I'm not saying the voskhod blade is bad because I've used them in other razors with good results, I think it's just not for the H15 but I will try again tomorrow just to make sure.
Overall still a good shave and I am still very happy with this razor.
I hope you all have an enjoyable Sunday and I will be back for shave six next month, tomorrow!

View attachment 19938 Sunday 31st July 2016 SOTD.
5th day shaving with the Hone type 15' voskhod new blade.
Started with my normal routine the only thing that has changed is the make of blade.
Skin fully hydrated, bloom water splashed on face, whipped up super slick MWF.
I could tell I had changed the blade, still smooth but not feeling as sharp as the Astra SP.
Carried out my usual three pass routine W X and ATG but on this occasion I found I needed a clean up pass to bring the shave up to my super smooth standard, still a very smooth shave but I did need need to clean up a little. I'm not saying the voskhod blade is bad because I've used them in other razors with good results, I think it's just not for the H15 but I will try again tomorrow just to make sure.
Overall still a good shave and I am still very happy with this razor.
I hope you all have an enjoyable Sunday and I will be back for shave six next month, tomorrow!
Thanks for all the reviews Blademonkey!

July 31, 2016

• GEM G-Bar
• GEM Super Stainless
• Plissoft
• Haslinger Coconut
• Brut Oceans

oK8xU98.jpg

Sunday 31 July 2016

SOTD-20160731.jpg

Viva l'Italia!

Take an artisan with incredible talent and superlative craftsmanship, take his passion for straight razor and for experimenting new things, take a state of the art damascus steel made by combining carbon steel and martensitic stainless steel - CarboInox - take the genius of this master and his skill at the forge in creating beautiful damascus patterns, take the genuine Italian style, mix all together and you get the stellar straight razor you see in this picture. Ladies and gentlemen I am so proud to show you the latest Mastro Livi masterpiece I added to my collection, an incredible CarboInox with stripes pattern and poplar scales with an insert of the Italian flag made of jade, fossil mammoth ivory and coral. Add to this a super smooth and close shave - thanks to the superb Mastro Livi's honing skill - you get the best shave you have ever dreamed of. Viva l'Italia!​

• Pre-Shave: RazorGuy Pre-Shave Oil
  • Soap: RazorGuy Shaving Soap
  • Brush: Mastro Livi Silvertip Badger "Pennello Italiano", 24mm knot
  • Bowl: Gerby Bowl
  • Strop: Mastro Livi Medium Loom Strop "Coramella Italiana" and Hand Palm
  • Razor: Mastro Livi CarboInox Stripes Italy, 7/8 Full Hollow, Spanish Point
  • Post-Shave: Alum Block
  • After Shave: Vifrex

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

BSB in 2 band HMW
'Statan'/Schick Plus Super Platinum NOS 1969
Kramperts bay rum Acadian Spice SS
Barbershop bay rum aftershave and more splashed on like cologne

Needed a brush like this one to take care of this croap which is drying out a little bit. Easy to pulverize them clumps and whip up a real purty and great smelling lather. Probably the best bay rum soap or cream fragrance, with plenty of pop.

Broke down and used the extinct Barbershop stuff Steve had made. Barely any left in the bottle now.....sigh.

BBS results,

Martin

Greetings

Sunday 31st July 2016
Prep: Shower
Razor: Valet Autostrop VC 1 Canadian
Blade: Valet
Brush: Duke 3
Soap: Simpsons Luxury
Aftershave: Astral Cream (soft)
EDT: Tom Ford Extreme

A really nice shave, the blade stropped up a good deal sharper this time due to (I believe) to the gap between the stropping bars on VC 1 models being greater than that on the later models, thus the strop is a looser fit causing the blade to exert less pressure on the strop. Other than the aforesaid I am much less of a fan of the VC 1 Valets than the later models, they are considerably more aggressive but do not shave any better for being so.

Regards
Dick.

P1010735.JPG

SOTD - Juli 31
Pre: Shower
Razor: ATT SE1
Blade: Feather Pro (3)
Brush: Muhle Silvertip Fibre
Soap: OSP Bay Rum

Third day with the ATT SE1. Just another great shave with this razor. Had a smooth, close and efficient shave. Still impressed how well this razor shaves. 2 passes and touch up for a BBS result.

SOTD 32 A.JPG

Sunday 31 July 2016

SOTD-20160731.jpg

Viva l'Italia!

Take an artisan with incredible talent and superlative craftsmanship, take his passion for straight razor and for experimenting new things, take a state of the art damascus steel made by combining carbon steel and martensitic stainless steel - CarboInox - take the genius of this master and his skill at the forge in creating beautiful damascus patterns, take the genuine Italian style, mix all together and you get the stellar straight razor you see in this picture. Ladies and gentlemen I am so proud to show you the latest Mastro Livi masterpiece I added to my collection, an incredible CarboInox with stripes pattern and poplar scales with an insert of the Italian flag made of jade, fossil mammoth ivory and coral. Add to this a super smooth and close shave - thanks to the superb Mastro Livi's honing skill - you get the best shave you have ever dreamed of. Viva l'Italia!​

• Pre-Shave: RazorGuy Pre-Shave Oil
  • Soap: RazorGuy Shaving Soap
  • Brush: Mastro Livi Silvertip Badger "Pennello Italiano", 24mm knot
  • Bowl: Gerby Bowl
  • Strop: Mastro Livi Medium Loom Strop "Coramella Italiana" and Hand Palm
  • Razor: Mastro Livi CarboInox Stripes Italy, 7/8 Full Hollow, Spanish Point
  • Post-Shave: Alum Block
  • After Shave: Vifrex
I'm not jealous.....ok I am, nice kit!

Back
Top Bottom