S.O.T.D w/c Saturday 27th - Friday 2nd August 2013

Morning shave.

Razor: Muhle R89
Blade: Merkur Super Platinum (Don't normally buy them as they are costly, but I find them damn good)
Brush: Omega 48 Professional Bristle
Soap: TOBS Sandalwood hard soap
Post: Home made Aftershave (Witch Hazel, Tea Tree oil, Peppermint oil, Menthol ect)
Nivea Balm

Enjoyable and leisurely shave. Going to have to pair The new Aftershave with some Proraso for that extra Menthol Kick !

Afternoon, all.

Wednesday:

Prep: Claus Porto's Lime-oil face soap
Razor: Rimei aka Silver Tone aka Sodial
Blade: Personna Lab Blue (5)
Brush: Ecotools kabuki
Shave soap: Irisch Moos stick
A/S: Neal's Yard Bergamot and Bay Laurel
Cologne: L'Eau Bleue d'Issey

An excellent BBS shave marred only by the nick of a lurking spot near my mouth.

Wednesday 31st July

SOTD31713_zps7f919218.jpg

Warm shower
Hot flannel
Sir Irisch moos cream bowl lathered
Simpson Emperor 1 super badger brush
Gillette 1930's NEW short comb
Sputnik (2)
Cold rinse
Witch hazel
Sir Irisch moos aftershave balsam

A fine shave. I used my new Steve Woodhead lather bowl today. I've been using one of his scuttles for 9 months. The quality is superb, quick delivery too. The tube of moos cream is empty. I will bring out a new cream next week, now which one ....:rolleyes:

Brian

Hot flannel
Proraso pre, white
New Forest 1901, Nanny's hard soap, Cedarwood and Vetyver
Feather AS-D2, Polsilver SI (1)
Cold splash, alum block
Clinique post-shave healer

First shave with this new razor. I'm very impressed so far. Tiny bit of redness on the (difficult) lower neck, but this hasn't translated into any form of irritation. Result now is very smooth and comfortable. Looking forward to trying it again

Italian soft soap, Bartmann, Alcolado Glacial for AS, Neill Miller paddle and GEM Micromatic SE for head :D
[attachment=8080]

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1375283096.638407.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1375283096.638407.jpg
    173.4 KB · Views: 28
Wednesday 07-31-13. MUSIC: The Rolling Stones - Beggars Banquet.

[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7rN-imfu68[/video]

81575515-fd6d-4d3b-b38e-ff753ec7324a.jpg

Soap from Aleppo - Simpson Chubby 1 best badger - Gillette Rocket HD 500 - Iridium Super #2 - Pre JASÖN - Shaving soap Calani Iberische Sonne - Alum block - Thayers Original Aloe - ASB GFT Skin Food Limes - ASL Myrsol Agua de Limón.

Today's shave

Feather Artist club
Feather super blade (The Ninja Blade....of Death)
Re Knotted TI Brush
MWF (face lathered)
Old spice aftershave Splash
Old spice cologne

Result BSS :heart:

I think I'll dig out a straight razor soon :idea: :icon_razz:

tpUPsa2.jpg

MRGLO
Merkur 41C + Daz handle
Personna Platinum (2)
Ingrams + Proraso Green
Reddit Brush
Superdrug Sierran Breeze A/S

Another scorcher of a day this morning, so a good menthol hit was required!

I like the Sierran Breeze on these warm days and will finish it off with a spray of Floris Cefiro when I leave the house.

Prep: Cold water splash
Soap: MWF
Brush: Shavemac 177 Silvertip
Razor: Weber Polished/Bulldog
Blade: Iridium Super (1)
EdT: Lalique Hommage a l'Homme

Comfortable, close shave in a rather uncomfortably warm bathroom.

old type copy
silver star
muhle silvertip fibre
razorock ceech and chumba shaving soap
4711 AS

first class shave. absolutely love this £1 razor, it shaves so well. first try with the razorock and it lives up to its reputation, an excellent soap.

I'm continuing with the eShave Linden, which is a bit fickle. I had some difficulty getting the water/soap ratio right today and understood why I didn't like it at first. A little experimentation resulted in a good lather, not as good as yesterday, but still plenty usable.

My Hawk DBSR is in fine form, maneuvering in tight spots and gliding along with ease. A good thing, because the blade I am using is a bit harsh. I am using a modern Gillette Super Thin today. I have used the vintage version of this blade and liked it very much, but this new version may take a little while for me to figure out. They're plenty sharp and glide fairly well, but they are also a bit bitey. I'll try them in a few razors and with a few soaps before I pass final judgement, but as of right now they are presenting to me as a bit to harsh for regular use.

A 2 1/2 pass shave (wtg/atg/xtg on the neck only) and I managed a DFS with moderate irritation, but suitably smooth skin. I think I'll switch to PdP and the RiMei for tomorrow's shave. I am feeling a little bit overwhelmed by strongly scented soaps and aggressive shaves. The PdP and a gentle shave with the RiMei should do wonders for my outlook.

[attachment=8081]

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1375294169234.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1375294169234.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 25
Back
Top Bottom