Shower shampoo & wash beard
Lush dirty as pre shave moisturiser

Shave
EJ DE89
Derby blade
EJ aloe shave soap
3 pass

Cosmetic lad moisturiser

Cut myself to ribbons, first shave with Derby blade. Sucks.

Greetings

Wednesday 7th July 2013
Prep: Shower
Razor: Schick Injector I1
Blade: Schick Super Stainless NOS
Brush: Semogue 830 Boar
Soap: Speick Stick grated into a container
Aftershave: Astral cream (light)

A truly wonderful shave these blades are very good indeed, I would guess they would have been manufactured during the late sixties; they came my way with a NOS Schick adjustable I purchased.

Regards
Dick.

DSC04513.JPG

Tuesday evening

Prep : Clinique face soap and scruff
Razor : Merkur Progress XL
Blade : Personna Lab Blue
Brush : Kent BLK12
Soap : Proraso green tub
Splash : Proraso

First time using the Kent brush - wow - is all I can say.

Musgo Real glyce classic soap
ATT Titan M1 / Polsilver
New Forest Tubby 1 finest silver tip in Tigris Perla
Ingram Shaving Cream
Proraso Green A/S
Surrati Tom Aoud

Bit of an uncomfortable reaction to the ingrams towards the end - never had that before, hopefully its just because of a couple of days growth.

Face lathered for the first time with the 2 band Rubberset - lots of spine for the job - I get it now. May not use the oil to start off next time as the layer is undoubtedly lost when you lather this way.
Used the replated Fatboy for the first time since it came back - and the Group Buy on TOBS Sandalwood too.
Tadge red under the chin - but that's just me not taking enough care (again)

Pre Village Barber Oil
Soap TOBS Sandalwood
Brush Rubberset 400-3 2-Band
Razor F4 Fatboy (set on 2 for all 3 passes)
Blade Voskhod (1)
Post Zirh Soothe

Ratty
[attachment=8163]

Attachments

• IMG_7947.JPG
    IMG_7947.JPG
    269.8 KB · Views: 45
Ratty said:
Face lathered for the first time with the 2 band Rubberset - lots of spine for the job - I get it now.

Brush Rubberset 400-3 2-Band

Ratty

Please stop posting with pictures of your Rubberset 400-3 Brushes. I am insanely jealous of both the brush and your refurbishment abilities. They are stunning looking.

Jon

SOTD Wednesday
Taming the Cobra beast

Martin de Candre - Brilliant soap.

My RN Dreadnought brush in tortoise, with a 28mm extra dense silvertip knot. This thing holds a LOT of water.... and hence produces a huge lather. Some time ago I took the trouble of weighing this one: dry 88 grams, wet 122grams... That's 34 grams of water, or 34 cubic centimetres! (That's 2 cubic inches of water!). No wonder it creates a great lather

Cobra Razor - I still find it to be somewhat aggressive, but with a little TLC I am taming it (I think). I still find it a bit ungainly to hold.

Dior Fahrenheit to finish. This stuff retains its scent on the face for well over 12 hours.
20130807.jpg

Semogue 730
Haslinger Marigold Shaving Soap
Tiffany Bowl
Edwin Jagger DE89 Head
Weber Bulldog Handle
Iridium Super
Weleda Smooth Shave Toner
Weleda After Shave Balm

Wednesday 7th August

SOTD7813_zps3bcb507a.jpg

Warm shower
Hot flannel
DR Harris Arlington cream bowl lathered
Simpson POLO 8 best badger brush
Gillette Canadian 'old type'
Sputnik (3)
Cold rinse
Thayer's Lavender witch hazel
DR Harris Arlington aftershave

Close and comfortable shave today. A different razor and blade set up for tomorrow. First time with the Lavender witch hazel today my last 200ml bottle of plain has lasted 6 months.

Brian

Gillette Super-Speed
Polsilver Stainless (2)
Muhle Silvertip Fibre
Palmolive Classic stick
Lucky Tiger Face Tonic
Diptyque Tam Dao edt

It's a pain in the arse shaving at the girlfriend's place. The sink is too low, the mirror's offset from the sink and it's too low - meaning I have to bend my knees and move sideways if I want to watch what I'm doing. Luckily I have my travel mirror.

I need to decide on my next stick; I'm thinking LEA so as to reuse its holder. This Palmolive is in a La Toja holder which makes it much more practical. I then have Speick and Valobra to try. Of those I've tried so far, it has to be La Toja, Palmolive and Arko (far in the distance) in that order.

+ two days stubble and I bought out the Mappin and Webb Trustworthy, absolut joy together with Jabonmans fantastic soap, New Forest brush and Myrsol AS! :D We've done some treaking in one of the largest park areas in the world today and yesterday (85 square km).
[attachment=8175]

Martin - now I'll hear that tune every time I shave the old doom

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1375885690.124227.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1375885690.124227.jpg
    129 KB · Views: 33
Back
Top Bottom