Saturday 17th - Friday 23rd December 2022

Thu 22
Soap & Aftershave PAA Cavendish
Brush Yaqi 22mm Ever-Helpful 2-Band Badger
Razor Gillette New LC
Blade Gillette 7 O'clock Sharp Edge 1st
Top favorite soap...super lather and aromatic cigarish scent augmented by the matching splash. Good brush too.
An excellent vintage razor paired with the blade gives a very nice shave. 3passes for a bbs finish...
20221222_105058.jpg

SOTD: 22nd December 2022.

8.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/ Nivea Men Power Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Palmolive Naturals Olive & Milk Bar Soap.
Brush: Yaqi Naples 24mm Synthetic.
Face Lather.
Lather: Proraso Sensitive Shaving Cream.
Blade: Sunny Supreme Stainless. (D2)
Razor: Parker 92R.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse./Alum Rub./Cold Water Rinse. / Homemade (~Autumn/Winter mix~) peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel. /Dana English Leather ASL. / TRSCO Post Shave Soothing Balm.

Greetings,

The Sunny Supreme Stainless performed wonderfully this morning.

All the SC blades I've revisited so far have all been surprisingly good especially the Gillette 365 & Treet 7 day platinum both blades have been sharp and smooth for me.

I’m so glad that I've revisited all these blades instead of reaching for my usual suspects. I will continue my SC blade focus and revisit all of them again trying them various other razors in my feature SOTD set ups.

A comfortable 2 pass + pick ups shave with no errors to report. Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of TRSCO Post Shave Soothing Balm.

My face is feeling smooth cool, & smelling divine. ;)

Keep safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen. :cool:

SOTD 22-Dec
20221221_135323.jpg
Brush: Chubby 2 SiLVERTiP
Soap: MWF
Razor: PAL Injectomatic
Blade: B-20 (1)

Decent shave, I did my old classic of pressing down initially, purely because the weight. Slight mistake as it did feel a little tender. Eased off a little and smooth ish running from there. It's only the first use of this blade and my first use of this razor so it'll take a little playing. But it does feel a little more efficient than my Schick which is precisely what I was hoping for!

Overall pleased, I'll likely be switching between the injectors so I can really get a feel for them. Luckily I haven't seen any modern injector (not that there are many) that take my fancy so I can't see myself disappearing completely down another rabbit hole!

Hope everyone has a grand day.

Cheers

Marc

Yesterday's shave in readiness for a last day of work for this year. This one arrives complete with the theme, 'Dear Father Christmas'

20221221_103634.jpg

Father Christmas - Stainless Mongoose
Saint Nicks - Kai Titan mild
Santa's clauses - Hive-2
Some bearded twat - MDC Rose

'Oh bloody hell! All this trash from the Emporium'

Dear Farther Kristmas

I hav been a gud boy all yere hand for Kristmas I wud lik a lot of things to shave wit becos my mummy saze she dosnt lik my daddy when he is all harey. She also saze she liks to shave the cat but he is still flufy so I do not now which cat she meens.

Tuday to be gud boy I usde my dadys shaving stuf and I ad a grate shav. I lik the sope which smels lik flowers and I brush it all over my feaces wit a nice litel brush. I dont think he will be happi tho becos I think dady ment faces.

When everything wiz white I shavd it all away wit a Mongoose. It was grate. The Mongoose wasnt very happi. Butt I did hav a grate shav and mi mummy saze I hav a face smooth like mi baby brutha botom. Then agen I am only 6 yeres old anyway.

Can I hav sum Lego pleese? Mi dadi hav lots of shavin stuff to keep evryone happi for evar and evar. Or so mummi saze.

Thank yu
Satanfriendly agde 6

And to finish on a song by the Beaver which goes a long way to prove you don't even need chords at all to play the guitar. And we used to say 'Punk, because there is no fourth chord'. Uh, old hat now

22/12/22
Pre - Sainsbury's Luxury Soap, Bergamot & Nectarine
Brush - Zenith 506 Copper 28mm
Soap - OSP Spirits
Razor - Rockwell 6S - R4
Blade - Wizamet Super Iridium
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Tonyschin's Cedarwood and Patchouli Argan Oil and Balm
A/S - Avon Shaving Brush "Wild Country"
Wk 51 (6).JPG
Crackin' shave that.
Stay safe and enjoy your day all.

Yesterday's shave in readiness for a last day of work for this year. This one arrives complete with the theme, 'Dear Father Christmas'

View attachment 97803

Father Christmas - Stainless Mongoose
Saint Nicks - Kai Titan mild
Santa's clauses - Hive-2
Some bearded twat - MDC Rose

'Oh bloody hell! All this trash from the Emporium'

Dear Farther Kristmas

I hav been a gud boy all yere hand for Kristmas I wud lik a lot of things to shave wit becos my mummy saze she dosnt lik my daddy when he is all harey. She also saze she liks to shave the cat but he is still flufy so I do not now which cat she meens.

Tuday to be gud boy I usde my dadys shaving stuf and I ad a grate shav. I lik the sope which smels lik flowers and I brush it all over my feaces wit a nice litel brush. I dont think he will be happi tho becos I think dady ment faces.

When everything wiz white I shavd it all away wit a Mongoose. It was grate. The Mongoose wasnt very happi. Butt I did hav a grate shav and mi mummy saze I hav a face smooth like mi baby brutha botom. Then agen I am only 6 yeres old anyway.

Can I hav sum Lego pleese? Mi dadi hav lots of shavin stuff to keep evryone happi for evar and evar. Or so mummi saze.

Thank yu
Satanfriendly agde 6

And to finish on a song by the Beaver which goes a long way to prove you don't even need chords at all to play the guitar. And we used to say 'Punk, because there is no fourth chord'. Uh, old hat now

Deer Farter Kritmus, if u wud lyk to furter ur pashun 4 awl tings Japon u shood reed Tokyo Vice bi Jake Adelstein.
it helps xplain Y there muzic iz “unusual“ :unsure:

Enjoy your time off from tugging mate!

Deer Farter Kritmus, if u wud lyk to furter ur pashun 4 awl tings Japon u shood reed Tokyo Vice bi Jake Adelstein.
it helps xplain Y there muzic iz “unusual“ :unsure:

Enjoy your time off from tugging mate!

The only thing about Japan I read is my 'bible to all things Japanese girly bands'. And yes there is one. But I shall invedtigate your hint further. I have watched a lot of Japanese films (not just Manga) and spent time in the country way in my past. Fascinating place and culture.

Tugging? Even when I'm not

Farting Krismus. He's a twat twit

22 December
Gibbs 15 replica from Heritage Collection Shaving finally arrived from US after about 5 weeks so decided to give it a run. I thought I would compare new old stock, Gillette blue with a modern Gillette blade. Soaped up easily with the Saponificio Varesino and my vintage Doric column handled bristle and started right cheek wtg with the Blue, razor set on N (normal, neutral, who knows but it’s between 2 and 4). First pass was a tad rough, new blade needing to be run in maybe? Tried left cheek with the modern Gillette and result was slightly better. Lowered the setting to 1 and finished of atg and pick ups. The shave was close and smooth but left some irritation for the alum block.
On closer inspection I noticed that without a bit of fiddling the blade doesn’t quite sit square in the head. I’ll certainly check this before I use it the next time. I have a very similar looking YAQI closed comb razor, the GIBB replica has a safety bar. Which is better? Not sure, both are well made and the GIBB 15 rep, does look like the original in many but not all respects. I shall continue the tests.
A dash of RR xXx shave balm and another day beckons, the hours of daylight in U.K. are now increasing, spring is on the way (y)

35E5EAAF-D53A-46F5-9F65-8D282758F213.jpeg

22 December, 2022

Prep: Hot towel
Razor: Rockwell 6S – #3
Blade: Permasharp
Brush: Simpsons Duke 3 Best
Soap: HAGS - Dance Macabre ( Donkey Milk )

another great shave with another new soap, this time HAGS in the Donkey Milk base.. an abundant, creamy, well hydrated lather that ticks all the boxes, with a lovely post shave feel. A big fragrance, so check your sensitivity to such things.

Thursday December 22, 2022
Razor: RR Hawk V3
Blade: Feather Pro
Brush: Sorrentino Clown Puke/Synthetic
Soap: Stirling Bay Rum
AS 1: Witch Hazel
AS 2: Anthony's ABSBR
Fragrance:
Consecutive Daily Shaves - # 1,508

Going down to 1 degree tonight and wind chills 25-35 below 0 degrees. Won't be above freezing again until Monday afternoon. Not the norm for Kentucky. Working my long day today and hunkering down tomorrow. Have a great day folks !
m9ObUd4.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom