Saturday 17th - Friday 23rd December 2022

AC-SE blades do sometimes feel harsh on the first run. Give it a few more goes, I'll bet the 2nd run through maybe 9 or 10th will be smooth. I have only tried one Proline in an Excalibur head to be fair. It was OK on the 2nd run onwards but I preferred Feather Pro or Kai Captain titan mild 'pink'.
Good to know, thanks. I have the Kai Pinks so if the next shave isn't smoother I may try them. Thanks

SOTD 21-Dec
20221220_140923(0)-01.jpeg
Brush: DG B15
Soap: B&M Smoking Bishop
Razor: Shield Predator GEM (Washer jammed in)
Blade: GEM PTFE

There is a bit of a caveat on this shave, this is my 'broken' Shield razor where the head doesn't tighten up properly without assistance. I jammed a washer in there and it holds the blade tightly. It does mean that the angle of handle to head is marginally off but never mind that.

Assuming that everything other than the head to handle angle is maintained then blimey that is a good razor. A smooth and easy two pass with no pickups needed.

The angle is easy to find, but then again it's not particularly hard with a GEM razor.

I usually like heavy razors but after my recent experience with the tatara my scope has widened a little bit, at no point did I feel like I had to press down (as I tend to do with aluminium razors), the razor did all the work, so again happy days.

My only initial 'concern' was a lack of blade stops. The blade doesn't need it to hold it in place as it has the same holding mechanism as the blackland sabre, but I was a little concerned it may bite in on the corners. No such issue on this shave, but again we'll see.

There is always the shine on a new razor so I need to keep that in mind, but so far so good!

Hope everyone has a grand day!

Cheers

Marc

note: I have been in contact with Boti about the head and that this wasn't the handle I wanted either. They said they're going to send out a replacement towards the backend of the month as it wasn't currently available, though they did kindly offer to send the matte version but after seeing the polished I really wanted to wait. We'll see how it goes.

Wednesday 21st December
Claymore Evo - Proshave S #4 - Monsavon au lait - Alpha T400 - Cien Aqua AS - Aloe Vera Gel
hjLfYCt.jpg

Wednesday.
Haven't used the Speick stick for a while so here we go. Applied with the Omega Ovangkol boar it gave a really slick lather, enough for 3 passes. This is the 3rd run for the Feather Pro in the Hawk.

I probably overshaved a bit, but my skin doesn't suffer so I always tend to push it. A couple of tiny red dots resulted from ATG on my top lip but were gone by the time I washed up. Another excellent close shave. Bio oil and Artiscent Atelier Amber Envie to finish.
20221221_084934.jpg

Last edited:
21/12/22
Pre - Sainsbury's Luxury Soap, Bergamot & Nectarine
Brush - Vintage Culmak Junior
Soap - Vintage Cussons 1950's
Razor - Gillette Slim Adjustable H3 "Travel"
Blade - Vintage Perma-sharp Supreme
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Tonyschin's Cedarwood and Patchouli Argan Oil and Balm
A/S - Avon Siege Cannon "Spicy"
Wk 51 (5).JPG
Vintage Wednesday always puts a wide smile on my face especially when using the birthyear Slim.
I enjoyed that.
Stay safe and enjoy your day all.

21/12/22
Pre - Sainsbury's Luxury Soap, Bergamot & Nectarine
Brush - Vintage Culmak Junior
Soap - Vintage Cussons 1950's
Razor - Gillette Slim Adjustable H3 "Travel"
Blade - Vintage Perma-sharp Supreme
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Tonyschin's Cedarwood and Patchouli Argan Oil and Balm
A/S - Avon Siege Cannon " Spicy"
View attachment 97778
Vintage Wednesday always puts a wide smile on my face especially when using the birthyear Slim.
I enjoyed that.
Stay safe and enjoy your day all.
A beautiful vintage shave set-up Tony. :love:

Wed 21 Minimalist SOTD
Cream & Aftershave Proraso Green
Razor Gillette Fatboy F4
Blade Gillette 7 O'clock Super Stainless 1st
Due to my work location, choose to use the bare minimum and it turns out to be very enjoyable. Proraso was great for finger lathering. The Fatboy in max setting paired with the fresh blade provided an exceptionally satisfying shave. 3passes for a dolphin smooth finish. Haven't had this final result for a long time...
20221221_071253.jpg

Back
Top Bottom