Scents with balls!

I've found myself erring towards a more musky frag and so, presently waiting on a black musk, white musk, madina rose, Lord & Dakar blended attars. If anything, I can stink up some lighter frags with a fog of deer piss :D
Kiehls musk or love potion is a quality strong musk edt.

Haha yes I have the shower gel too very nice steong scent, with both the shower gel and the edt on it projects like a topless blonde in a bar. None of that grandma's handbag notion either, excellent stuff, another thing the love potion keeps a loooooong time.

I would say its similar to johnsons baby shampoo but with that musky hit. Some amber and talc notes too.

May I also suggest if layering, splash on some florida water over the body and then spray the kiehls to pulse points. The mixture is fantastic.
Its the first unisex fragrance after ck1 (unisex in my eyes) that I have enjoyed.

Am taking a note of some of these frags. As me and Mrs are going into Brum on Monday to check out the re-vamped New Street, I think a scent session in the new John Lewis's is called for. Fully intend to end the day smelling like a tart's windowbox and be followed home by strange men in dirty mac and a tube of smarties.
You should be safe enough in Brum Sir....Be a different story if you were around the Houses of Parliament ...They have their very own Smarties Shop in there....:D

Billy

Well that was a pleasant wander down town. Wasn't keen on Antaeus - sorry Vinny. Went pretty much right through the Tom Ford range - meh! Now what we did try were the Amouage fragrances - wow, some of those are seriously nice, but pricey. What I have decided though is that I seriously need to get some AdP in my life, particularly Mandorlo di Sicilia.

Out of curiosity, I went and bought a bottle of Jacques Bogart 'One Man Show, Gold Edition' ..........

Gordon Bennett! .......... This one will mug you at knifepoint in broad daylight! ..... It's vicious!

Seriously ....... It's bloody strong. I only had a half spray from distance land lightly on my forearm over an hour ago and it's well and truly there for the duration. I swear I just heard it snarl "Who the **** are you?" at my Kouros :D

I don't think I'd wear this on its own (I'd get thrown out of any room I was in, for a start) ..... and so far it's a little too brash and synthetic ........ But for about a tenner, it's got some potential to play with it .......... Layer it with some other cheap and cheerful smellies and see what comes out ;)

Haha! JB's One Man Show and One Man Show (Gold Edition) have entered my regular use pile. While Gold is more on the spicy side, regular One Man Show is more on the woody/chypre side. Yeah, mine sit alongside my vintage Kouros, but the Van Cleef & Arpels Pour Homme and the Eden Classic Rapport keep things in order. Check out Sung Homme for a super aromatic fougere.

... meanwhile, over in the attars and muhkallats I'm now finding scents with both balls and rocket launchers!

Well that was a pleasant wander down town. Went pretty much right through the Tom Ford range - meh! Now what we did try were the Amouage fragrances - wow, some of those are seriously nice, .

No kidding, the Tom Ford line didn't grab you eh? Haven't tried the Amouage things but will look at em.

Having huffed more than a few TF frags, I have come to expect a very strong statement about whatever the idea is going for. What seems to my nose to be high quality ingredients being used in a dramatic way that will not appeal to everyone. There's 4-5 frags I like, with two being quite a bit. Some of the scents last easily 15 hours or more.

Maybe tricky to put into words Paul, but how would you compare Sung Homme to original Brut ? Or is there any other popular scent I may have smelt which it puts you in mind of ?

JohnnyO. o/

Back
Top Bottom