Six Nations 2014

What a great game Rugby is - I never felt comfortable even though England had a points lead from the beginning. Totally agree with the comment about the place kickers it was almost like a game of poker - who would crack first - neither of them did.

If the Lions were to be chosen now, I suspect there would be a big difference to last year - and that is not a criticism of Gatland. - more a comment on the vagaries of being a sportsman.

The disallowed try would have gone down as one of the greats.

So now the Irish have it in their hands - are their palms dry enough to keep it there?

Rugby can go and 'do one' today.

Saw my team thrashed 51-7 at home.

Just about made it home for the England Wales kick-off and then the missus dragged me out for dinner.

The game was quite eventful from the start - me and a couple of pals had a table in front of one of the several screens - just before kick-off a full sized leek was thrown at the table and knocked a full pint of beer over. I offered to return it to the thrower - on condition that he bent over. He declined my invitation and I didn't hear anything from him afterwards.

joe mcclaine said:
Rugby can go and 'do one' today.

Saw my team thrashed 51-7 at home.

Just about made it home for the England Wales kick-off and then the missus dragged me out for dinner.

What's happening at Nottingham - they were serious challengers last year? Is Haag still coaching them. Titans are flying this season and my team (Moseley) had the misfortune to get them in the extra game at the beginning of the season as a Home fixture in Doncaster and then at home two weeks later. We can caned both times!! Bedford are struggling this year too. The championship is really two tier now - the fully professional squads vs the semi - pro clubs.

If it makes you feel any better Moseley shipped 60plus to Leeds a few weeks ago.

Cheers,

Jon

As far as I'm aware Martin Haag is still there.

Last year Nottingham had some good players (some on loan from Tigers and a couple of Internationals) I would have considered them more Pro than Semi-pro.

This year the money appears to have vanished and so (naturally) have the best players. They are definitely in that semi-pro tier now.

From the stands it looks like Nottingham base too much around the forwards and they are woeful against teams who can actually run. We sit there and we can see tries coming two or three passes out.

Hey ho.

Oh my what a terrible Welsh display, tactically naive, why were they kicking so much and so far in front of the forwards? England need to sort out those penalties though, it would have been a rout if they hadn't given so many away. I always have a chuckle when I read back through threads like these to see how the predictions pan out.

Boab said:
Oh my what a terrible Welsh display, tactically naive, why were they kicking so much and so far in front of the forwards? England need to sort out those penalties though, it would have been a rout if they hadn't given so many away. I always have a chuckle when I read back through threads like these to see how the predictions pan out.

That's why I've stopped making them.:icon_razz:

Fido said:
Predictions? Wonder how much money went on Wigan winning yesterday.

I just needed Man City to win yesterday for a 10/1 accumulator to come in. The useless bellends.

I have cancelled my betting account and shoved my money into Premium Bonds.

Boab said:

Yeah...you chuckle away from behind the parapet. ;)

I mean who'd have guessed that Danny Care would take a free kick quickly?

Predictions for the weekend -

Wales to beat Scotland by +20
England to beat Italy by +30

and

France-Ireland... I'll wait till I see the starting 15 for both teams.

I too think it would be a very fitting finish to his career and I hope and pray to God they win that game.

Not to detract from England of course, who would also be worthy champions, but this O'Driscoll situation is special for us Irish folk.

I don't make predictions Pugh the special one, I will leave it up you experts. :icon_razz:

I honestly don't mind the result as long as Scotland keep improving.

What did you think of Danny Care's try on Sunday?

Back
Top Bottom