Soap A Week Club (SAW)....voting for next week's soap

I'm interested in what users think of the post shave - I find it leaves me needing more moisturiser than other soaps - but I've seen other people say the exact opposite.

I can't say I noticed whether it left me any drier or greasier than is usual for me post-shave, but overall my skin felt great afterwards and still does now, many hours later.

I'll make a point of checking immediately after my next shave, and I'll also see how it lathers for me without soaking/blooming the puck.

Anyone interested in conducting the SAW for next week (starting Sunday) please PM me.
First PM secures it.

I have none of the soaps in the vote for next week's SAW, Nishy, otherwise I'd put myself forward.

(This is not a hint - I have several soaps here that I've yet to try. :) )

Edit: I do actually have some TOBS but it's from a PIF and I want to pass it forward again soon so don't want to hammer it.

Last edited:
Apologise ignore the vote, I need to remove it to be honest its whatever you fancy just keep in mind that it shouldn't be too rare.

Apologise ignore the vote, I need to remove it to be honest its whatever you fancy just keep in mind that it shouldn't be too rare.

In that case, give it a couple of days and if no-one else (more experienced) steps up then I'll do it.

Edit: if I do it then I'd like to do "Nanny's Silly Soap, Moroccan Sands Original Recipe", providing others have it too, obviously. It's this one: http://www.nannyssillysoap.com/ps/index.php?id_product=416&controller=product&id_lang=1

Apologises for the confusion. I'm sure I ordered the "hard soap" version but I seem to have the soft soap original recipe version instead. Not to worry, I've edited my post and the link.

Last edited:
I feel MWF gives best performance second and subsequent shaves in a row. Puck comes smooth due to the wet that subdue its hardness. The lather comes to blossoming.
Second shave, using a Simpsons, Commodore X2, bowl lathering, same procedure as yesterday. Use Swiss Pitralon (black box, huge red spot as a bulleye) as aftershave.
26ccd73393601dd97ae62f8db9195220.jpg

I feel MWF gives best performance second and subsequent shaves in a row. Puck comes smooth due to the wet that subdue its hardness. The lather comes to blossoming.
Second shave, using a Simpsons, Commodore X2, bowl lathering, same procedure as yesterday. Use Swiss Pitralon (black box, huge red spot as a bulleye) as aftershave.
26ccd73393601dd97ae62f8db9195220.jpg
That is some serious lather. How is the post shave for you Thalasos, yesterday's shave left my skin a little dry. You have reminded me to pull out my Pitralon, superb a/s.

My first shave of the week today using a badger and MWF with water added to puck for a minute or so. I find that I don't have too much of a problem lathering MWF but it's very airy to begin with and needs more work to incorporate the airy part until you get a decent lather. Using my usual few drops of glycerine I had a very comfortable shave and after applying Myresol white cream (can't remember the name), skin feels great.

Tomorrow I'll use a different type of brush - badger/boar mix to see if this makes a difference in lathering.

I'm going to beat up my MWF with my Shavemac DO1 3 band tonight apart from that I can only imagine using a forklift would pick up more soap.

Here is my obligatory lather shot after I had applied ready for the 1st pass. Not sure why the pic came out quite as dark as it is.
2ic5p39.jpg

2ic5p39.jpg
[/IMG]
Used a method similar to most here. puck soaking in cold and boar soaking in warm whilst I showered. Pour out the soap water and shake out the boar. Load for a minute. Build up on the face with regular cautious dips of the brush in warm water until nice and yoghurty.

As usual, the slickness is very high. The water in the sink also becomes very slimy/slippery after the first pass making all the equipment a little harder to hold.
Post shave feel I can't really comment on, I always apply various lotions and potions soon after the shave has finished so don't know what the effect of the MWF is

Had my second shave this week with MWF.
Basically read what Omp said. Exactly the same.
Except I don't add anything after and love the post shave feel.

Second day with MWF - this time using a Semogue mixed hair. Maybe it's my imagination but the loading seemed easier today and not so airy - perhaps there are benefits in using the soap on a daily basis in that it has not had time to dry out. In any event, it performed well again and I'm left with nicely toned skin.

Back
Top Bottom