Soap A Week Club (SAW)....voting for next week's soap

I have some MWF here that I only bought last week (I'm Welsh, we can't resist anything sheepy :D) and I've yet to try it, so I'll join in this week.

After reading the comments it'll be interesting to see how I get on with the lathering (I live in a soft/softish water area).

Last edited:
I read that Kent and Bluebeards Revenge were same soap as MWF. Btw. I'm in, too.
I use to keep the soap in a bowl without lid; just before using, Icover it with cool water for a couple of minutes, while the brush is in the sink with warm water. Then throw away water on the soap, charge with the brush double the time than with another soap, even more (roughly, one minute, sometimes close to couple of minutes) and lather within another bowl -not the one that contains the puck- for two to five minutes. Never use it in a rush, otherwise Lord MWF ignore my efforts and refuse make me happy with a wonderful foam.
So, our experience is told here or in the SOTD thread.

Ready to play

40f6bbeca34a2b347ff553709a06bde6.jpg

010340705e2fad6ae04c635f306f0599.jpg

Monday morning
Lord Mitchell's in his bath before starting.

22f7ed24f2fca8b9fa8563523dbdb34d.jpg

Working the lather.

577811f4a0e6f8e02e3df9de616241cf.jpg

Lathering yields. First pass.

d03095bad5e036b2979d2867fef47ba3.jpg

Action station for today: A.P. Donovan brush and razor, Rapira Swedes, 4#, MWF and TOBS Jermyn Street alcohol free EdC.

1b5f77d94eb7aed72cd6f70c279b276b.jpg

The soap shows a superb performance and is very soft with the skin unless you have troubles with any ingredient.

Last edited:
Monday morning
Lord Michel's in his bath before starting

22f7ed24f2fca8b9fa8563523dbdb34d.jpg

Working the lather

577811f4a0e6f8e02e3df9de616241cf.jpg

Lathering yields. First pass.

d03095bad5e036b2979d2867fef47ba3.jpg

Action station for today: A.P. Donovan brush and razor, Rapira Swedes, 4#, MWF and TOBS Jermyn Street alcohol free EdC.

1b5f77d94eb7aed72cd6f70c279b276b.jpg

The soap shows a superb performance and is very soft with the skin unless you have troubles with any ingredient.
That is superb looking lather Thalasos! How long do you load the brush for?

Thanks, Nishy.
First, the soap is two minutes covered by cool water.
Then, I load for two minutes, also. First foam goes to face before lather in the bowl. I think that I took some more soap then:
Load, face, a bit more load and bowl lather.

I've just had my first shave with MWF and was a little apprehensive after reading the trouble so many have had with lathering.

Fortunately, I didn't have any issues. Possibly because of the water in my area being soft, or possibly because of the preperation.

Similar to @Thalasos, above, I let the puck soak in some luke-warm water (I left it for about 10 minutes) before emptying the water and loading the brush. The brush loaded very quickly with no problems and I may have overloaded it slightly as you can tell from the picture. Once loaded, it lathered up in no time.

mwflather.jpg

The shave itself went without a hitch. Whilst the scent isn't my favourite, I do find it quite pleasent, and I can't fault the soap's slickness or protection. Overall, very enjoyable.

I will have to retrieve it from the 'spares' cupboard but will join in with MWF week from tomorrow. Only used it about 4 or 5 times in the past (at least a couple of years ago) but am interested to see how it goes

I tend to do similar actually.
I pop water on the top for it to soak while I shower. (Next to my SOC boar Brush)
Then use the water off it to wipe round my mush while mucking about.
Wring out my brush as much as it will to load. I find if i use too wet a brush it doesn't work as well.
The dryness of the brush gives more friction when loading I think.
Then dip the ends in water to face lather.
Luvvly jubbly.

I'm interested in what users think of the post shave - I find it leaves me needing more moisturiser than other soaps - but I've seen other people say the exact opposite.

I'm interested in what users think of the post shave - I find it leaves me needing more moisturiser than other soaps - but I've seen other people say the exact opposite.
I am in the 'like the post shave very much' camp.

You know the vagaries that people find with this?
Is it when people are used to creams?
Or have a softer brush?
I don't have much experience with brushes, but I do find that if i leave my boar slightly wet,
it doesn't load as well.
You can feel the friction from the brush on the soap if i squeeze it and shake it out. (It is a little scritchy as well to the face)
I give it a real scrub to load it.

Back
Top Bottom