SOTD : Saturday 23rd December - Friday 29th December 2017.

Interesting razor - how do you like it ?
The razor is fantastic; it's very well made, it's aesthetically pleasing, and it came in a beautiful wooden presentation box. I've used it about a handful of times and was feeling that the OC was a tad bit too aggressive for me as a daily shaver. I let my face rest for two days and shaved today while only changing the blade from a Silver Blue to a Lab Blue. I'm not sure if it was the rest or the milder blade but I feel no razor burn or irritation whatsoever. I will now try the Lab Blues next week as a daily driver to see if my face is fine.

The razor itself is extremely efficient and I feel that you could get a BBS off one pass and cleanup. The razor is a bit more than mid-aggressive to me. I could have gone with the SB but decided against it as I thought it would have been too mild. I still have more experimentation to do.

Razor > The General S/S
Blade > Schick Proline
Brush > Omega 10108
Soap > SV Felce Aromatica
Post > Thayers Cucumber,BBA PSB
A/S > Pitralon Classic

View attachment 31967

A Christmas cracker of a shave !!!

Enjoy your day fellas and have an even better day tomorrow. Peace & Joy !!! :)

Mate - I don't like the look of they burds in your picture? They are wondering how to have it away with your General. I think they might be Glaswegian ned Robins. At least you'll be able to give the cops an accurate description. Ha ha - yours - I.

View attachment 31978
#SOTD 24DEC17
Razor: Tatara Masamune OC
Blade: Personna Lab Blue (1)
Brush: Sorrentino - Barzini / TurnNShave
Soap & Balm: Wholly Kaw Fougere Bouquet SE
Hope you don't mind my asking ...
Interesting brush too - especially its knot ... is it a Tuxedo knot, and where does it come from ?
Merry Christmas !

Christmas Eve Shave

Pre De Provence 63
RazoRock 400
Rockwell 6C plate 4
Treet Carbon (2)
Blue Stratos aftershave

Today saw the eagerly anticipated return of my Rockwell razor.
It's been on loan to my son for some time. He seems to have the best of both worlds, he gets to use all my razors and doesn't have to buy one for himself.
I would usually use it on plate 3 but decided to try it on 4 today. Noticeably more efficient but not aggressive
Pre De Provence soap doesn't seem to get much air time, for me it's a top performer with a top notch scent to boot.
Two passes, with and against was all that was needed to see off all traces of stubble.

Happy Christmas all

8hWiYgQ.jpg

Two Pass Shaving Routine..:cool:

Hot Water Prep & Massage with Argan Oil
TIMOR Blue Steel Solingen 6/8th
Hans Baier Silver Tip
Valobra Tallow Soap
Humphreys Witch Hazel

I Had a Smooth & Comfortable Shave Tonight with My TIMOR Solingen Full Hollow 6/8th..The Blades on these Razors are Extra Thin Compared to Most Full Hollows & Require a Wee Bit of Finesse at the Finishing Stage..A Lovely Keen & Smooth Shaver..Wunderbar..;)

I am Dolphin Smooth & Refreshed..:D:D

Billy

Quick shave ready for Christmas day.

Bluebeards Revenge Pre Shave
Edwin Jagger DE89
Feather blade
Bluebeards Revenge post shave balm

Decided to try a shave with only the pre shave oil today. I had read about using it instead of a soap/cream. Wanted to try it to see how it would interfere with my skin. I'm thinking that the brush may be contributing to skin issues and acne occurrences (have it better under control with some over the counter cream from chemist).

A great shave all in all, having visibility meant I could see exactly where moles are etc so no knicking them.

Not long now till Christmas Day. Santa Tracker says Father Christmas is on his way to Monte Carlo.

Merry Christmas all.

Sent from my Swift 2 using Tapatalk

Christmas Eve shave [emoji319]
Soap tabula rasa dark lavender, badger brush finest Alfredo Miguel, razor Guillermo Hoppe 8/8 Solingen, after shave tabac.
Exquisite soap in its aroma, a frothy cream generated without any work, with this brush caress, the singing razor and a soft edge that this famous artisan forged before being devoured by the giant Henckels. We crown this with one of my favorite lotions. Ready for dinner. Rating 6/5. Merry Christmas.
4dbab5ad4ef9c427791ebdb53d727cbc.jpg

Sent from the Wolf's Den

Back
Top Bottom