SOTD: Saturday 26 November - Friday 2 December 2022.

I love those French wedge shavers. I've had a few through my hands. I kept a Le Grelot and a Rasoir Louis (with matching branded wedge). I moved a lovely BHV on and rather regretted it. BHV is a huge department store in Paris. Lucky me to have had a fellow who sent me two brand spanking new Heljestrand wedges which fit into these. I really should ... erm ... actually use them. Oddly, when I do pick up these razor I like to pop a few day old GEM blade in.

kUoiqX7.png

RAZOR: Stirling Stainless DE Razor ST
BLADE: Wizamet Super Iridium
BRUSH: Oumo 01 Venus SHD Badger 26mm FAN
LATHER: Wholly Kaw Fougere Mania Shaving Soap

Tuesday 29th November

AL9nZEVbNW4B0gHTXkTKBmGrD2YuOgPKIxD3LDfpJ95fhu50ypiQxHxyVhwj0swfpXCRmYEcJp00D3Sk0nCUYYmwS7KOlNPPF376aMa8wQfDy6dY6TjGokeAPVekzUzhxfGZsryOCmKtEv9jXMDX9jpXaIlXWQ=s800

Ganders Goat Soap w/Hop, Sage & Birch
Culmak (Vintage 1980s) Shaving Bowl & Semogue SOC Taj w/Blonde Boar 24mm
Star Double Edge & Personna (Israeli) Platinum Chrome (2)
Pitralon Classic Aftershave

Continuing a run through my ASR double edge razors ...

Tonight, the Star branded which you can see has a rather familiar handle. If you're into 1912s, that is. I have a Treet branded as well with the same handle. Guess? 1950s. The neck is actually slightly longer on these razors than the comparable 1912.

AL9nZEVieyT8oA0vEHTAggtT1sPjFjBiIX3FUvedw7WiNyXl92mkz4-4Fiv04T-9lNZChwxrDrK4e6zgNt5MseIly8uGEkM9pATOG_Ixj9OFijfbaogKSyQIBB6MUn7i8nBVKSSHMZvvG0LXH6PhVAkFCD2MFg=s600

AL9nZEUvYlVOpcUM640IwRordjvvLf8qZIZBRkLE9FeFG0kUC8QLky9ZhZCm1m9Kr_rTF4liB1pri2LUqyqcFkZ5FTHRGdHWycr1WT0qEef5MRfxQoLClY2t0OCSqO8T70NK-dVGRohCJu4r8T62NC7XuhCEbQ=s600

... the Treet is on the slate for tomorrow. Same setup otherwise.
There is the other obvious difference.

100_2180.JPG100_2181.JPG100_2182.JPG

I wondered where you were, hope you're OK now Richard, sorry to hear. Feels good to have a proper shave after a while doesn't it?
Hey, thanks! It's good to be back to my full shave den indeed. I am good now and hope to be even better hopefully after another 2 weeks of rest at home...
Good to see you back Richard. Hope you're feeling better.
Thank you, Sir, I am definitely better but still not 100%. Hopefully, after another 2 weeks of rest at home will recover fully. I am glad to be back for sure...
Crikey, 2 weeks in hospital! I hope you're better now. Good to have the Mr Whippy lather shots back.
Thanks, mate...yeah, 1 week before that was suffering while at work in a remote location without knowing why, and then followed by 2 weeks in the hospital to treat the issue...I am better and hope to fully recover in another 2 weeks... I am very pleased to whip up nice cones of lather now...
Glad your feeling a bit better
great to see you back posting
Take it easy
Thanks, Mike! I am better and glad to be posting. I really appreciate all of your kind warm words of concern...

Wed 30
Soap & Aftershave Ariana & Evans Kaizen
Brush Yaqi 24mm Ruby Tuxedo
Razor Red Imp 132
The lather was on point...beautifully slick and scented together with the matching splash...
The razor was on point too... a crisp comfortable and smooth edge after putting through the 0.1 balsa and Kanayama strop. 3passes for a ccs result...
20221130_103548.jpg

Hey, thanks! It's good to be back to my full shave den indeed. I am good now and hope to be even better hopefully after another 2 weeks of rest at home...

Thank you, Sir, I am definitely better but still not 100%. Hopefully, after another 2 weeks of rest at home will recover fully. I am glad to be back for sure...

Thanks, mate...yeah, 1 week before that was suffering while at work in a remote location without knowing why, and then followed by 2 weeks in the hospital to treat the issue...I am better and hope to fully recover in another 2 weeks... I am very pleased to whip up nice cones of lather now...

Thanks, Mike! I am better and glad to be posting. I really appreciate all of your kind warm words of concern...
Hope you are soon back on your feet- 100% fit

SOTD 30-Nov
20221130_082108.jpg
Brush: Boti Chubby 30mm
Soap: Stirling Ramblin' Man
Razor: Blackland Sabre
Blade: GEM PTFE (12)

Cracking shave this morning, effortless with the nimble sabre. Wonderfully smooth topped off by the nice ramblin scent. It obviously doesn't last all day but for an EDT it's still got decent legs on it.

Hope everyone has a grand day!

Cheers

Marc

30 November
It’s a Star day for me, buoyed by the success of yesterday’s shave with Le Czar I loaded up my Kampfe Bros. Star lather catcher. Used the GEM (with its 3D wedges) again but went with Proraso soap and Culmak Spartan reknot synthetic.
There is plenty of brass showing through the original head coating so this baby seems to have been pretty well used, or maybe over polished by an enthusiastic collector? Nevertheless, the two pass shave was excellent, for me the GEM always delivers, unlike the Royal Mail at the moment sadly :(
The two piece handle gives long and short options which is useful when shaving under chin and neck.
Have a great day fellas

37AB8A2B-66A6-42D9-9268-6586C4967D7B.jpeg

A shave for a Monday evening and one with the theme, 'Dedicated to @chard52142 '

View attachment 96870

Chard razor - Ikon B1
Chard blade - Polsilver Lodz
Chard 'Mr Whippy' brush - Highlander 26mm Cashmere
Chard soap - Abbate Y Mantia Krokos
Chard scent - Abbate Y Mantia Krokos Cologne
'How the fuck am I supposed to shave with a scalpel and this bloody mask?'

Great to see you back with your whipping photos as I am rather partial to a bit of cream and a leather strop. Oh, not that kind of whipping? Bit of a give away there.

As for the shave, brilliant from start to finish. The Highlander is turning out be a real favourite with me and a superb lather monster. Short work made of the Krokos. End results being a big shaving grin across a very smooth and happy face.

After all that time in hospital you must be rather devoid of Japanese girlies hammering out some shit music. So to fill that void, have some Beaver......

And I wish you a full recovery
Glad to see that this brush went into the good hands and that someone else likes big handles not just me :)

Back
Top Bottom