SOTD: Saturday 26 November - Friday 2 December 2022.

Tue 29 - I'm back after missing more than 3 weeks because of being sick (2 of those in a hospital)
Soap & Aftershave Henri et Victoria Cognac & Cuban Cigars
Brush Yaqi 24mm Silvertip
Razor Wade & Butcher 7/8 Steamship Wedge
I missed some of the cigarish scent...so nice!
I missed using a straight...with this heavy chopper and a slightly shaky hand...managed a nice ccf to sas results in 3 passes...
View attachment 96873
Hope you’re better now, buddy? Jeez…

3EE0DBBB-FFDC-43F7-8002-CC5A53DFCFC1.jpeg
SOTD: 30/11/2022

Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Feather Pro, 3rd use
Brush: AP Shave Co. Lemon Drop G5A
Bowl: 3D Printed Bowl
Preshave: Bart’s Balms Lochnagar Oil
Soap: Stirling Ozark Mountain Puck
Aftershave: Stirling Christmas Eve EDT
Balm: Baxter Of California Aftershave Balm
Additional Care: Osma Laboratoires Alum Block

Back to my new toy the Vector, for a brilliant shave. Only my third use of the blade and razor and it’s significantly improved. I’m putting most of the issues down to it being new and the slight harshness of a new Feather pro in the first couple of uses, until it softens and dulls down. I can only imagine the precise and delicate head of the Vector exaggerates this issue with the pros but today was simply amazing! It has made it actually harder to assess which I prefer the Shield AC or Vector. I sense a weekend shave off at some point!
Enjoy the rest of the day guys!

Last night's shave themed, 'Social services, lies and value'

Tuesday

20221128_193219.jpg

It's a lie - Muhle R89
This is not a blade - Polsilver Lodz
Social brush up - Wee Whiskey Barrel
Soft soaping the authorities - MDC Fougere

'Bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz'

Social services

A conversation with my younger granddaughter the other day...

Granddad?
Yes Zuzu
When I grow bigger I am going to marry Tippi
Oh,that is nice but I think Social services might have their say in that one
Who are Social services granddad?
They prevent things, like, people marrying their sister.

Lies

The photo shows the Enoch but then I list the R89. Took the photo pre-shave, then felt my skin wouldn't take kindly to a razor with an aggressive stance and so I switched to the 89. A wise move if ever as it delivered an absolutely blinding shave with minimum fuss, total comfort and a superb result. There is so much to be said for the humble Muhle. It just needs a shit blade like a Feather. As it was, total happiness prevailed.

Value

To save me time and to save you torture you can have a two for the price of one SOTD this evening and I won't charge you any extra.

Wednesday

20221129_184004.jpg

Big value pack - Occams Enoch
Valuable valuables - Feather Super Professional
Value brush - AP Shaving 24mm Cashmere
Bolton value - Signature Soaps Londinium
Strapon value - C88

'A strap what? Oh, one of them'

To make up for the lack of R89 in the last SOTD photo have one free of charge this time around.

And boy oh boy. When one feels in the right mood and the time says 'give me a viscious sod', the Enoch stands tall and does the job like few others. And yes, it is that quick and probably the fastest on planet shave. I'm sure I once wrote a song about it. The Londinium and AP don't need any words outside of what I haven't said about them before. Superlative products.

A grin inducing Wednesday evening

Further value? What more could you ever want other than two Beavers?

Wednesday AM 2022-11-30
National Mousse Day
1zLw7xj.jpg

Rooney 1/2 Ivory Finest (24/53)
Tabac shaving soap (tallow)
Carbon Mokume-gane
Personna 74 Tungsten (17)
Cigar Aficionado aftershave

For some reason I have a bit of trouble making lather with the Tabac. It always seems to end up rich enough, with good cushion; but it is not very slick, and the blade drags in it. I love the aftershave, and it's one of the least expensive I have.
56gl0QU.jpg

GSB are my go to blade Iain

Chris of Boyce is quite right
Shite - damned by faint praise! ;) Late to the party as ever. I'm not sure where they came from - I appear to have four or five packs in the random blade box. Yeah - they'll turn out to be perfect and hard to obtain. Are they old or new? No doubt the market is riddled with Tibetan knock-offs? Natch. My life already! Immediate mark-down though, glue spots - you don't get that with Treet blades. It shouldn't be important but that gets right on my three penny bits. I haven't checked whether the Blues are currently available. Bollocks. Pish. They were immediately impressive for me - you may find differently yourself - each to their own - cheers - I.

@Paul L @Boycie83

Last edited:
Shite - damned by faint praise! ;) Late to the party as ever. I'm not sure where they came from - I appear to have four or five packs in the random blade box. Yeah - they'll turn out to be perfect and hard to obtain. Are they old or new? No doubt the market is riddled with Tibetan knock-offs? Natch. My life already! Immediate mark-down though, glue spots - you don't get that with Treet blades. It shouldn't be important but that gets right on my three penny bits. I haven't checked whether the Blues are currently available. Bollocks. Pish. Thanks both - they were immediately impressive for me - you may find differently yourself - each to their own - cheers - I.

@Paul L @Boycie83

This is where I bought mine from
They seem to have gone up in price by a couple of quid per 100.

They are the real thing.

Glue dots don't put me off. Residue is easily removed from the razor.
If you do ever run out of GSB's Iain, give me a shout.
Have you tried Gillette Platinum's?
They're as good if not better than GSB.
I'm happy to send you some to try.

Hope you are soon back on your feet- 100% fit
Many thanks! I hope to be 100% soonest!
Good luck with the rest of your recovery, I hope you make the rest of it ASAP.
Many thanks, really appreciate it.
You went to that sleezy cat house again didn't you?!!!
Ahahaha...how I wish...I am in a house of cats...6 cats to be exact, and giving me headaches daily! Thanks!
Hope you’re better now, buddy? Jeez…
Hey, thanks, yeah I am feeling stronger by the day with a better appetite and exercising daily too...hopefully the remnants of the infection will be gone...

This is where I bought mine from
They seem to have gone up in price by a couple of quid per 100.

They are the real thing.

Glue dots don't put me off. Residue is easily removed from the razor.
If you do ever run out of GSB's Iain, give me a shout.
Have you tried Gillette Platinum's?
They're as good if not better than GSB.
I'm happy to send you some to try.
Likewise @Digimonkey - happy to sort you some.

It's cheaper to buy them direct from Big Deals Mart rather than through eBay:

Back
Top Bottom