SOTD: Saturday 26 November - Friday 2 December 2022.

SOTD: 1st December 2022.

4.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/ Nivea Men Power Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Palmolive Naturals Olive & Milk Bar Soap.
Brush: Yaqi 24mm Naples Tuxedo Synthetic.
Bowl Lather.
Bowl: Home Bargains Stainless Steel Side Bowl.
Lather: MWF.
Blade: V12 Super Platinum. (D2)
Razor: Baili BD177 Rose Gold TTO.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse. /Alum Rub. /Cold Water Rinse. / Homemade (~Autumn/Winter mix~) peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel. / Denim Original ASL. / Cien Aloe Vera Body Lotion.

Greetings,

Early Morning Shave,

Another comfortable smooth shave to finish my shaving week off in grand style. 'The Fat' never fails to provide a superb slick protective lather.

Both the Lancet super SP & V12 super SP have performed wonderfully throughout the week with no problems of tugging or irritation. If i had to choose a winner it would be the V12 SP, reason being, paired together with both the Baili BD177 & Baili BD 191 in my previous shave was a superb comfortable performance.

A surprisingly good blade from the subcontinents that i will use again in my future shaves pairing it up with different razors.

You can't give a true verdict on any blade after just a few shaves, but the V12 super SP i feel as if this blade can uphold and maintain a good smooth cutting edge.

I am of opinion that most DE blades regardless to where they are manufactured on offer today are pretty good. There are exceptions of course, but most are pretty good and give acceptable results.

I categorize blades as super-sharp, sharp and not-so-sharp. Because of my mature rhino skin type and tough beard, I can handle most blades.

The issue I find with blades is that not every blade works for every person.

I repeat myself by saying shaving is all about practising your technique & shaving confidence.

A very comfortable 2 pass + pick-ups shave with no errors to report. Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of Cien Aloe Vera Body Lotion.

My face is feeling smooth cool & smelling divine. ;)

Keep safe and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen. :cool:

1 December
We don’t only tell about our best shaves here do we? So today I confess it was a struggle. Pity really as I was on a roll with my GEM bladed old timers so thought I’d give The Eagle a go. I’d used it before no problem but today the first few sweeps felt like I was using 80 grade emery paper and I had to take over with the PAL injector. I can’t really understand why, I’ve used the razor, soap, brush and blade before although not as a combo. I have a hunch it was the blade, I hadn’t used it in a while and maybe the edge dulls over time just being in the air? The soap seemed to dry really quickly on my skin today and quickly lost its creaminess which didn’t help.
Anyway, obviously not a big deal in the whole scheme of things in life.
Have an enjoyable day fellas

03DC8135-4839-41D9-ADF0-2D7A38366CCA.jpeg

Thursday 1st December
AC-Matic 3D - Feather Pro #5 - Wickham 1912 Cashmere - Alpha Outlaw - Cien X-Bolt AS - Aloe Vera Gel
DkCEkzB.jpg

Thursday 1st December

Preshave - La Toja Magno
Soap - A&E Turkish Coffee
Brush - Yaqi Moka Express 24mm Synthetic
Razor - Rockwell 6C (R4)
Blade - Gillette Spoiler (3)
Post - A&E Turkish Coffee Splash

Today I used this Turkish Coffee soap for the first time - with a degree of trepidation due to some people's skin reacting to this soap.
I'm one of the lucky ones it seems - not even a tingle! Having had mild reactions to a couple of soaps in the past, I was really hoping I would pass the test with this one.
This is the first Ariana & Evans soap I have used, and I'm impressed. The lather was on the creamy side, and didn't take much effort to make. Glide, protection and slickness all good too.
Scent-wise, it's very pleasing. Not too highly scented - possibly a 6-7/10.
I tend to shake bottles of matching splashes before use, to 'wake up' the ingredients. This one is a thick, liquid lotion. It feels like it's nourishing the skin, and doesn't feel at all 'tacky'.

Now, I must mention the fine gentleman who made this shave possible, @Digimonkey , Ian sent me the soap and splash in a trade, and gifted me two lightly used Stirling soaps for good measure!
Just when you feel like you're running out of heroes, a person who you are only acquainted with online reaches out and turns things around. Firm friends are becoming a rarity these days, and I feel lucky to have people like Iain in my corner.

Last edited:
Thursday December 1, 2022
Razor: Lupo .95/Nodachi Handle
Blade: Euromax
Brush: Never Alone 2/Synthetic
Soap: Never Alone 2
AS 1: Witch Hazel
AS 2: Never Alone 2 Aftershave
Fragrance:
Consecutive Daily Shaves - # 1,487

Nice shave other than the burning sensation by the 3rd pass as well as during aftershave application. I want to keep this set but may need to let it go. The burning is gone within 5 minutes or so but just not caring for that affect after a shave. We all want the nice comfortable feeling of smoothness etc. If you are someone in the states that was wanting this soap & Splash but missed it....message me and we can work something out. Have a great day Everyone !
xTFaxXO.jpg

SOTD 01-Dec
20221201_091159.jpg
Brush: DG B15
Soap: NO Logbook
Razor: Lambda Athena
Blade: GSB (2)

Good shave this morning, nice smooth running Athena coupled with the logbook scent is a real winner, really happy with this razor - I mean a good portion is its looks but it is more than capable performance wise!

Hope everyone has a grand day.

Cheers

Marc

01/12/22
DEcember
Pre - Sainsbury's Luxury Soap, Bergamot & Nectarine
Brush - Yaqi Sagrada Familia 24mm
Soap - P&B Trafalgar
Razor - Blackland Blackbird
Blade - Personna Med Prep
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Tonyschin's Cedarwood and Patchouli Argan Oil and Balm
A/S - Pinaud Gents Gin
Wk 48 (6).JPG
To start off my DEcember, with the help of @LeeMaz and his very generous offer on his Blackbird i get to have it in the den again.
Today fitted with a Med Prep it was up, i was looking forward to using the Stainless version again.
The Yaqi had a wonderful lather in no time at all from the Trafalgar soap and plenty of protection for the shave.
I completed 2 full passes, for a deep, close and pretty much comfortable BBS shave, which surprised me as i was sure my last shave with this type was a little less smoother on the skin.
The closeness of the shave stood out during the splash application with a fleeting "whoo-hoo" moment.
I used to complete 3 passes daily and have managed to get that down to 2 passes and touch up if needed for the same/better results and much more comfortable finishes.
If my experience and better technique has improved this shave i would recommend that any beginner sticks with any new razor until it clicks, it could save you some pennies (actually £££'s) in the future.
I looking forward to getting to know this fella more this month.
Tomorrow the Brassbird.
Stay safe and enjoy your day all.

1/12/22

Pre - Palmolive Sea Minerals
Brush - Zenith Euro X (unbleached 24mm/58mm)
Soap - Arko Stick
Razor - Personna Star head on a Yaqi Handle
Blade - Indian Gillette Wilkinson Sword (5)
Post - Witch Hazel
AS - Denim Original

For the last month I only used Indian made blades and used vegan shaving soaps, for this month I think in addition to the theme of 'Decemboar', I will also try to give a detailed run out of my non Gillette vintage razors, and a good a place to start as any is with the Star Personna razor. It produced a nice enough shave with the GWS, but I think I will give it an outing with a few blades I have used more often to hopefully get a better grasp of the razor.
I'd not used my Zenith Euro X brush for a few weeks now, and I remembered why I love this humble brush so much. Even after a 100 or so shaves, the shape of the knot in the shave keeps it shape, in comparison my Omega boars seem to become a little floppy (I still love my Omega boars!), I managed to get a gloriously slick and shiny Arko lather with very little trouble and a lot of pleasure. I think I will give this particular boar brush an extended outing for this calendar month.

Have a good day gents.

IMG_20221201_115855.jpg

Prep: Hot towel
Razor: Rockwell 6S – #3
Blade: Bolzano
Brush: Rooney Heritage 2XL Jade
Soap: Eufros: Tobacco (Tallow)

a sublime shave, the scent of the Eufros Tobacco soap is quite simply divine, a beautiful sweet tobacco that definitely lifts your spirits.The base is without a doubt top tier, with a lather that is easy to build, slick, and the post shave leaves your skin feeling nice and soft. I settled for Enigma pour Homme Cologne to finish off this wonderful shave. Definitely feeling good!

Back
Top Bottom