SOTD: Saturday 3 - Friday 9 December 2022.

Wednesday December 7, 2022
Razor: Schick Type "F" Injector
Blade: Injector
Brush: Fluffy Industries/Badger-Boar Mix
Soap: Sir Henry's Kentucky Rain
AS 1: Witch Hazel
AS 2: Sir Henry's Kentucky Rain
Fragrance: BVLGARI Man in BlackEssence
Consecutive Daily Shaves - # 1,493

I need to get back to Williams Wednesday and will use it tomorrow to get it in this week but today was Kentucky Rain @dominicr and it's POORING outside. Nice smelling lather and shave inside though. Still watching for the release of the full size versions of this and the Bay Rum soap/splash from Ethos Grooming Essentials @dragonsbeard and then I will be halting purchases of shave related items..............................well I will at least try after these 2 buys. Have a great day Everyone !!
ie71DQn.jpg

SOTD 03-Dec
View attachment 97041
Brush: C&H 'Manga'
Soap: Black Watch
Razor: WR2 1.25
Blade: GSB (1)

New delivery from maggards, Black Watch and Sea Spice Lime sets, that was bloody swift, an extra $2 dollars on delivery made a considerable difference.

First up the Black Watch, initial impressions off the puck was nice but it wasn't the hit I was expecting considering the things I had read about it being strong, but it is subjective so can't wholly rely. Under lathering the scent did come out and it is really nice, nice autumn/winter scent. I'd seen some notes that the lather was 'sticky' and they pretty much had to peel it off so I was a little wary, however the consistency of the initial loading seemed very similar to PAA and with that you just add more water than you think and it comes together, and this appeared to be the case here as well, ended up with a decent lather. Still prefer omnibus, but it was good for me.

On with the splash, one of the scents seems more predominant than in the soap but I wasn't able to put my finger on it. I'll probably pass it by the Mrs' nose to see if can tell me.

Overall very happy, I'm really looking forward to giving the lime a try, initial scent off the tub was amazing so as long as it lathers (I think its a different base) then I'm pretty sure it'll be a winner!

Hope everyone has a grand weekend.

Cheers

Marc
Found it exactly as you say. Different to the other Seaforths, akin to lathering a PAA Kokum. It's definitely a different base. Still a great shaving experience but I do prefer the easier to use base as per Sea Spice Lime, Heather etc

07/12/22
Pre - Sainsbury's Luxury Soap, Bergamot & Nectarine
Brush - Simpson Chubby 2 Synth
Soap - Vintage GIBBS 1950's
Razor - Gillette Slim Adjustable H3 "Travel" #4,4,3
Blade - Vintage Perma-sharp Supreme
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Tonyschin's Cedarwood and Patchouli Argan Oil and Balm
A/S - Vintage Ferd. Mülhens Vintage 4711 EDC
Wk 49 (5).JPG
BOOM!
3 passes for a delectably smooth, comfortable, BBS Finish.
How do you like them Apples.
Stay safe and enjoy your day all

7 December

Razor, Gillette Richwood
Blade, Gillette Silver Blue
Soap, Crabtree & Evelyn Indian Sandalwood (in my odd pot though)
Brush, 3 piece travel bristle brush carved from bovine bone, a recent indulgence, but I love it’s unusual nature.

Really close shave, which after 2 passes and pick up left some neck irritation and minor weeps but I was in a bit of a hurry. Man Cave moisturiser soon sorted this. The brush doesn’t have a large bristle knot but it worked really well with the C&E cream giving a very smooth, creamy and lasting lather.
Have a great, WC free, evening fellas,
0A6D9EFD-7E39-47D1-AC2E-A3A7E952A040.jpeg

I had to look this one up ... £3.78 at Amazon! (Okay, 60% off but still)

bergamot, cardamom, cinnamon
clove, lavender, eucalyptus
vanilla, white moss, sandalwood, amber

Nice!

I think it's a clone of 'Le Male'. I added it to my MakeUp.Uk order to get free shipping. My favourite aftershave I bought from there is La Rive Brutal Classic, which has a lovely scent, I'm terrible at describing scents but my nose picks up herbs.

9B42DE11-FF81-4BE2-9A28-365438FBB3D2.jpegSOTD: 07/12/2022

Razor: Executive Shaving Claymore Evolution
Blade: Feather Pro, 7th use
Brush: AP Shave Co. Lemon Drop G5A
Bowl: 3D Printed Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: Noble Otter Rawr
Aftershave: Noble Otter Rawr Aftershave
Balm: L’Oréal All In 1 Moisturising Cream Balm
Additional Care: Osma Laboratoires Alum Block

So after a few weeks with my new toys I’ve gone back to the neglected Claymore as it’s had little use and came into the den just before the last month influx of Shield Avenger, Era, and Vector! It was a delightful but in comparison much milder and a real autopilot shave. It’s very much designed to be that way and though I do really enjoy it, I’m pretty much convinced should a razor on my radar become available so too would this. It was a lovely shave, the soap I love and the EDT will be added to the den as the scent of the aftershave is just lovely and needs to be enjoyed for even longer during the day.
All the best guys.

Back
Top Bottom