SOTD: Saturday 31 December 2022. - Friday 6 January 2023.

Regarding pre-shave wash ... keeping it simple is best. You've identified a change in your routine and a negative effect afterwards, so I'd say go back to a simple hot water wash as prep.

I think we're a similar age and I know my skin does not enjoy change and can take a couple of days or more for any such change to become evident. It took me a good while to find a soap that I was happy to use on my face as so many nowadays are all about butters and oils and stuff which I think our kind of faces don't enjoy. The soap I use is a simple rapeseed and birch tar. Craft scale production ... and traditional.

I do also have to be careful about the shaving soaps that I use and have really found my niche with vintage. I really enjoyed using a new shaving soap a week or so ago despite it containing shea butter (which I usually run a mile from), but after five days I'd noticed skin changes and so that'll go on the PIF pile now. Back to what I know I like and after a couple of days, my skin is back to how I like it.

Change management.

Notice a change? Consider what changed ... revert and review.
Yep, that's the process I'm going thru. Just over a week. Not good effects on face but jury out on it's helping the skin flaking in eyebrow area. Seems to be helpful there so was going to skip the face wash and continue on eyebrow condition to see if it's helping or not. Not a complicated soap. A&E Soap of Antiquity which is supposed to be helpful for skin conditions. Just clearly no good for my face other than the red flaking patches above my eyes. Thanks

Razor: Karve Overlander Brass
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue (2)
Brush: ESC Medium Jock 23mm Plissoft
Pre-Shave: ESC pre shave oil mixed with Proraso sensitive pre shave cream
Lather: TOBS Peppermint
Aftershave: Thayer's Witch Hazel and Rose Water

Still not loving the Gillette Silver Blue, on to the next blade tomorrow.

Wednesday AM 2023-01-04
National Interrogation Day
pCgp6F3.jpg

Rooney Emillion 1 Porcelain Finest (24/48)
Penhaligon's Opus 1870 shaving cream
Carbon Mokume-gane
Personna 74 Tungsten (16)
Maurer & Wirtz 4711 aftershave
zc4SWKs.jpg

4F7C9AF8-D636-4E90-896B-A887A7762ECA.jpeg
SOTD: 04/01/2023

Razor: Rockwell 6s
Blade: Gillette 7 O’clock Yellow, 1st use
Brush: Knothead Brush Works 26mm AP Shave Co. Synbad
Bowl: 3D Printed Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: Noble Otter Rawr Puck
Aftershave: Noble Otter Rawr Aftershave
Balm: Bart's Balm BEN KILBRECK Balm

A great shave, started with plate 3 before moving up to 4. Not the prettiest razor but always smooth, capable and efficient.
Enjoy the day guys.

After over a week of thinking I was in my death throws with a most damn awful chest infection, I woke up this morning realising I was still here, and much much better in to the bargain. If I'd woke up dead I would have been damn annoyed.

So to celebrate waking up alive I present my shave themed, 'I demand a second opinion'

20230104_183835.jpg

Dead or alive - Stainless Mongoose
Alive and kicking - Feather Super Professional
Dead Kennedys - Some Yaqi or other
Ungrateful Dead - The Bath House Orange flower
Dead Milkmen - Collegen moisturiser

A new purchase from one of my favourite shaving soap brands, The Bath House. According to the ingredients it contains clay. Now, I am going to either end up like a statue of a Greek God (c/w my penis hanging out)

ca2wspibq7stmh4cryxl.jpeg

Or the Thing
'It is true, this man has no penis'

Fortunately it lathered up superbly and didn't involve standing around in a naked state. It was a bit strange at first as I thought it had some form of a protective film, but just transpired to have a very shiny sheen to the surface. Just took a bit of work to break it in. Once there very easily face lathered and as per any other Bath House soap the scent is first class, and in this case very fresh and vibrant. As a soap it ticks all the right boxes and has all those qualities one could wish for. Like any other Bath House product I have come across, an honest, top drawer product.

If I was to have a whinge. What happened to the lovely wooden bowls they used to come in? I was told they stopped using them because they were of an untraceable source. Bollocks. Cost cutting.

As it is though it certainly contributed to what was one very welcome and pleasantly delivered shave. Very Greek God like. I am now off to wander down the street with my cock hanging out. I may need a decent lawyer by the end of the evening.

I don't have a clue who these are, but they are Japanese girlies, they do sing and yes, they are strange. Enjoy...

Oh, and please note new badge of honour the 'LeJog 2022 Finisher'. Great pride and thank you TSR

SOTD: 5th January 2023.

4.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Asda Tingly Mint & Tea Tree Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Palmolive Naturals Olive & Milk Bar Soap.
Brush: Omega 11137.
Face Lather.
Lather: Tabac Original Shaving Soap. (Tallow )
Blade: Lancet SP. (D2)
Razor: Wilkinson Sword Classic.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse./Alum Rub./Cold Water Rinse. / Homemade (~Autumn/Winter mix~) peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel. / Tabac Original ASL. /L'0REAL Barber Club Reinforcing ASB.

Greetings,

A wonderful shave to finish my first week of 2023 on a good note.

The Omega 11137 boar brush continues to feel & perform wonderfully on it's fourth outing.

It's been a while since i last used the Tabac duo and as always, the performance from the soap & a/s was astounding, a wonderful slick protective lather from the soap with a classic old school scent from this superb old school duo....I have yet to try the new version of the soap, which isn't tallow based. I still have an unopened refill of the old tallow version which will keep me going for quite some time.

From my first use of Tabac products i was instantly hooked by the wonderful slick protective lather it created & old school fragrance.

It's one of those soaps that i could quite happily use with every shave, but that would become tedious and making it a mundane routine for me which traditional wet shaving should never become...I know some people have 'love/hate opinions on Tabac products The scent isn't for everyone which i totally understand, but for me personally the fragrance comes second besides once i do my cold water rinse the scent of the lather has virtually gone anyway with the exception of Tabac and a few others.

The Lancet SP was a joy to use this morning, paired together wonderfully with non-aggressive tech making an excellent smooth efficient razor & blade duo.

A very comfortable & close 2 pass + pick ups shave with no errors to report. Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of L'0REAL Barber Club Reinforcing ASB.

My face is feeling smooth cool, & smelling divine. ;)

Keep safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen. :cool:

Back
Top Bottom