SOTD: Saturday 31 December 2022. - Friday 6 January 2023.

Razor: Karve Overlander Brass
Blade: Silver Star Super Stainless
Brush: ESC Medium Jock 23mm Plissoft
Pre-Shave: ESC pre shave oil mixed with Proraso sensitive pre shave cream
Lather: Signature Soaps Valentia
Aftershave: Thayer's Witch Hazel and Rose Water

I tried a new blade today; it wasn't horrible but it wasn't good enough to keep for tomorrow. Another new blade tomorrow then...

Friday 6th January
InjecTR v1 3D - Personna Stainless Coated #3 - Palmolive Stick - Yaqi Ever-Helpful - Lacoste Original AS - Aloe Vera Gel
VMqjyi0.jpg

SOTD 06-Jan
20230105_142443.jpg
Brush: M7
Soap: AE The Novelist
Razor: Shield GEM (bodged)
Blade: GEM PTFE (8)

Brilliant shave, even bodged together this shield razor is excellent. Smooth and efficient without being noticeably blade forward. Sometimes I like that so I get a bit more feedback but it doesn't seem necessary with this. Still waiting for the replacement to be dispatched, hopefully just as good.

The M7 is excellent, I haven't put it side by side with the captain 2 but height wise feels similar but the shape fits better in the hand. I get the feeling I would prefer the SiLVERTiP or perhaps Best but this does the job well and has a bit of scrub for now.

Pleased with today's effort, hope everyone has a grand day.

Cheers

Marc

Last edited:
Friday
Can't believe I'm on shave 6 with this blade. Am I alone or do others get 7 days from Gillette 7 o'clock SP Black? I thought I would be really pushing my luck with it today but I had an excellent shave!
Soap not pictured is a puck of Ach Brito Musgo in a ramekin so not photogenic.
This EdP is a Superdrug cheapy on offer at buy 2x100ml mix and match for a tenner. It would have to smell like TCP not to be worth that price so I got it yesterday and although I don't like red things generally, it's a lovely smell this Caramel, Amber and Cashmere scent.
20230106_095252.jpg

06/01/23
Pre - Sainsbury's Luxury Soap, Bergamot & Nectarine
Brush - AP400 Slim Synbad 22mm
Soap - 1912 Citrus Musk
Razor - Feather WS-D2
Blade - Personna Med Prep
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Tonyschin's Orange & Neroli Balm with Argan Oil
A/S - Wickhams 1912 Citrus Musk
23 Wk 01 (7).JPG
A very nice 3 pass shave with the WS-D2 fitted with a Med Prep. This razor is just so smooth, yes, the shave angle has to be spot on, however, once you master it, the razor delivers a very comfortable, efficient, BBS finish.
The Citrus Musk is a favourite of mine, i get a Neroli forward scent which i like.
A nice post shave using a new batch of my balm mix finishing with the 1912 splash.
Stay safe and enjoy your day all.

Back
Top Bottom