SOTD: Saturday 31 December 2022. - Friday 6 January 2023.

SOTD 05-Jan
20230104_130623.jpg
Brush: Captain 2
Soap: Stirling Ramblin' Man
Razor: Lambda Athena
Blade: GSB (2)

Good smooth shave this morning, the Athena is a joy. My only word of warning (and this should have been very obvious) if you make the lather a little too thick then decide to rinse it under very hot water between passes to clear the channels...bugger does it get hot! Woke me up just as well as a cold shave!

Despite that slight misstep, still smooth, smelling good and ready for the day.

Hope everyone has a cracking one!

Cheers

Marc

Thu 5
Soap & Aftershave RazoRock Puros
Brush SOC Cherry Wood Boar
Razor P Hospital Le Grelot Thiers
Good enough, the lather from the soap, but together with the matching splash...the scent is very aromatic! The brush is just a pure pleasure to use!
With this razor, I finally managed to get a buttery smooth edge with the LaLune & 0.1um diamond balsa combination. A quick refresh on the hanging 0.1um balsa produces a beautiful soft but efficient edge. 3 passes for a bbs-dfs finish...
20230105_133005.jpg

Last edited:
Second shave with this blade. Performance dropping off as I was finishing the second pass. It's a smooth and close shaver which can just about manage two shaves.

Been a long time since I've used Wickhams soap (croap?) and it produces great protective lather with so little effort.

Finished with the much missed Taylors of Old Bond Street Shaving Shop gel. A little sticky but I love the smell and the feeling when I apply it. Wish they still made it.

Rating: 4 / 5

Razor: Gillette Aristocrat (US)
Blade: Pro 500 Super Platinum
Brush: Semogue 1305
Lather: Wickham Imperial Tonic
Aftershave: Taylors of Old Bond Street Shaving Shop https://shavingbuddies.com/shave/63b69f4f718a6562eace6df8
PXL_20230105_094354522.jpg

Last edited:
Wednesday 4th January

Soap • Noble Otter - Thé Noir et Vanille
Brush • Yaqi Purple Haze Mew Brown
Razor • Timeless 0.68 SS Scalloped
Blade • Gillette Silver Blue (2)
Post • Noble Otter - Thé Noir et Vanille Splash

Who'd have thought a shave soap and aftetshave that smells of tea could be so enjoyable? I don't pick up on vanilla very much, but it's got a very nice scent.
The splash really does the business at nourishing the skin.

05/01/23
Pre - Sainsbury's Luxury Soap, Bergamot & Nectarine
Brush - Semogue Torga C5 Boar
Soap - Palmolive Classic Cream
Razor - Blackland Sabre
Blade - GEM PTFE S/S
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Tonyschin's Orange & Neroli Balm & Argan Oil
A/S - Geoffrey Beene Bowling Green
23 Wk 01 (6).JPG
Very nice shave that.
My favourite Blackland razor, Cheaper than chips cream which punches well above its meagre price and a Boar brush that's starting to behave itself.
Yeah, nice shave that.
Stay safe and enjoy your day all.

Wednesday 4th January

Soap • Noble Otter - Thé Noir et Vanille
Brush • Yaqi Purple Haze Mew Brown
Razor • Timeless 0.68 SS Scalloped
Blade • Gillette Silver Blue (2)
Post • Noble Otter - Thé Noir et Vanille Splash

Who'd have thought a shave soap and aftetshave that smells of tea could be so enjoyable? I don't pick up on vanilla very much, but it's got a very nice scent.
The splash really does the business at nourishing the skin.
I have Murdock Black Tea eau de toilette and it is a great fragrance.

Thursday January 5, 2023
Razor: Rockwell 6S Plate 5
Blade: Wizamet
Brush: Vintage Bone Handle/Boti Badger
Soap: Catie's Bubbles "Irish Coffee"
AS 1: Witch Hazel
AS 2: CHH Tobacco
Fragrance:
Consecutive Daily Shaves - # 1,522
dBiMukD.jpg

Thursday 5 January
I was very lucky before Christmas to get a 1901 Kampfe Bros Star for £20, its in amazing condition, no plate loss, must have been a drawer queen. Fitted the ubiquitous despined GEM but with added 3D plastic wedges. Still using the Wickhams 1912 Christmas Spruce, super creamy and mild scented, applied with the synthetic vintage Regent brush.
Easy shave, this Star is actually quite a mild razor in comparison to my GEM junior and Micromatic shaves earlier this week. Two passes and pick ups for a very acceptable finish, no weeps or irritation so no alum block needed. Splashed on the Old Spice aftershave and then passed the bosses QC check on both smoothness and feel. Great start to the day.:sneaky:
Enjoy your day fellas!

E5AF3F87-2026-4FA1-8279-72EAFAEFB3B4.jpeg

Last edited:
0DE65327-20BA-47F7-8709-99E4DBF6F21B.jpeg

Razor: Feather Artist Club SS Scotch Wood Folding
Blade: Schick Proline (4)
Brush: Edwin Jagger 25mm Horn STF
Pre-Shave: Nivea Deep Cleaning Face Wash
Lather: Proraso Green
Aftershave: Hawkins & Brimble Balm
Additional Care: Witch Hazel
Fragrance: Aramis Tobacco Reserve edp

Wonderfully comfortable shave with everything working as the should. Two passes and a pickup on the neck swirls.

Back
Top Bottom