SOTD: Saturday 31 December 2022. - Friday 6 January 2023.

RL00vjO.jpg

MWF soap. Personna NOS Plat Plus blade #7. Italian AS. Great shave!!

Prep: Face wash with Simple face wash
Pre: None
Razor: Muhle Rocca - Birch Bark
Blade: Gillette 7 o’clock yellow (3)
Brush: Muhle Rocca - Birch Bark
S Soap: HAGS - Resurrection

New razor for the year and I can say right from the start it's an aggressive razor. Having used the Rockwell 6S for the last 6 months, The Rocca is much more aggressive in comparison with Rockwell on 6 plate. As a consequence an extremely close finish but left my skin slightly sore.
I shall change blades for the next shave as the Gillette's did not feel at all comfortable in this razor.
Soap/splash combo a recent BST purchase did not disappoint performance wise. Scent wise very light and pleasant to begin with but there's something in the base notes I didn't quite like. I'll give it another try but it may well be the case for it to find another home on BST.

SOTD.jpeg

After over a week of thinking I was in my death throws with a most damn awful chest infection, I woke up this morning realising I was still here, and much much better in to the bargain. If I'd woke up dead I would have been damn annoyed.

So to celebrate waking up alive I present my shave themed, 'I demand a second opinion'

View attachment 98462

Dead or alive - Stainless Mongoose
Alive and kicking - Feather Super Professional
Dead Kennedys - Some Yaqi or other
Ungrateful Dead - The Bath House Orange flower
Dead Milkmen - Collegen moisturiser

A new purchase from one of my favourite shaving soap brands, The Bath House. According to the ingredients it contains clay. Now, I am going to either end up like a statue of a Greek God (c/w my penis hanging out)

View attachment 98464

Or the Thing
'It is true, this man has no penis'

Fortunately it lathered up superbly and didn't involve standing around in a naked state. It was a bit strange at first as I thought it had some form of a protective film, but just transpired to have a very shiny sheen to the surface. Just took a bit of work to break it in. Once there very easily face lathered and as per any other Bath House soap the scent is first class, and in this case very fresh and vibrant. As a soap it ticks all the right boxes and has all those qualities one could wish for. Like any other Bath House product I have come across, an honest, top drawer product.

If I was to have a whinge. What happened to the lovely wooden bowls they used to come in? I was told they stopped using them because they were of an untraceable source. Bollocks. Cost cutting.

As it is though it certainly contributed to what was one very welcome and pleasantly delivered shave. Very Greek God like. I am now off to wander down the street with my cock hanging out. I may need a decent lawyer by the end of the evening.

I don't have a clue who these are, but they are Japanese girlies, they do sing and yes, they are strange. Enjoy...

Oh, and please note new badge of honour the 'LeJog 2022 Finisher'. Great pride and thank you TSR
@Satanfriendly Wonder if the tins are traceable source? Lol

Thursday 5th January

AL9nZEUTbNi8p1hq_CkitmkRbxRBgDTBGFlArQ3Kpf5z8Cp_81VeEx_YhNKk7Y31Rp43rPRUddgXJciurhvG6rv-lUtjpN2ddCiCllc9E_eQv_qDEIrqhWoCuilGrXw4CYGkqO6vyz-QHZvI0A5cW0Od8sN5oQ=s800

Ganders Goat Soap w/Hop, Sage & Birch
Vitos Supercrema (Classic) & DSC Professional w/Synbad Synthetic 26mm
Merkur 37C & RK Stainless (2)
Pinaud Clubman Classic Vanilla Aftershave Lotion

Pretty much same as last night ... just switched the Clubman up to their vanilla scented variant.

How are you finding the RK Stainless?

How are you finding the RK Stainless?

I rate them ...

Better than the Vidyut/SuperMax Stainless in the blue packaging but still doesn't hit the discontinued SuperMax Super Stainless in the green/yellow packaging. Just a mere click below the Sunny Supreme Stainless I used previously.

It gives a consistent shave with the second/third being a mere tad better than the first. The difference between the first and second shave is not as pronounced as the Sunny Supreme Stainless. Clearly both (and many others in the same market segment) are aiming at the SuperMax Super Stainless.

I rate them ...

Better than the Vidyut/SuperMax Stainless in the blue packaging but still doesn't hit the discontinued SuperMax Super Stainless in the green/yellow packaging. Just a mere click below the Sunny Supreme Stainless I used previously.

It gives a consistent shave with the second/third being a mere tad better than the first. The difference between the first and second shave is not as pronounced as the Sunny Supreme Stainless. Clearly both (and many others in the same market segment) are aiming at the SuperMax Super Stainless.

Thanks for the info. I'm somewhat intrigued how the Indian DE blade market seems to be growing, lots of new blades released in the last few years from the established companies and new ones. I recall reading a few had worries the DE blade might be resigned to the past but it seems to be in but the market for DE blades seems to be in very good health.

Back
Top Bottom