SOTD Saturday 4th November 2017 - Friday 10th November 2017

Finished off with the 4711 aftershave, which was was a good match for the soap.....and I liked it. @Rohleder

09D2DE2F-2710-4356-8466-A6A170024028.gif

SOTN

Razor
Feather as d2

Blade
Gillette Silver Blue

Brush
Wolf whiskers 25mm black wolf fan

Soap
Wickhams 1912 Lemon Verbena

Post Shave
Thayers Lemon
Old Spice P&G original

Such an enjoyable shave this evening, I haven't posted on SOTD for a few days as I kept forgetting but after receiving the Wickhams 1912 Lemon Verbena in the post this morning how could I forget. Wonderful experience with the usual great performance from wickhams and complimented by my favourite citrus scent, what more could I ask for I feel great and smell great !!

Pre: Warm water face wash
Brush: Semogue 2000
Soap: Tabac
Razor: Gem MMOC
Blade: Schick B-20
Post: Warm then cold water rinse, Vitamin E Oil, Tabac AS
View attachment 30643

With >30 hrs growth I was going to use the R41 but something @mpf9ret had said roused my curiosity and I stuck a injector blade in the MMOC and set about my shave. Very smooth and very effective. I will be repeating this, cheers Mike.
Although a fan of Tabac soap for quite some time, I've never tried the after-shave as I thought it would be too full-blown. After reading what @Digimonkey had to say, I bought a small bottle to test the waters. It's more subtle than I expected and I'm now wishing I'd bought a larger bottle. Cheers Iain, good call.

Evening K. - I'm glad you tried the Tabac a/s - what else would you finish a Tabac shave with? We don't need to talk any further about how good the soap is? I did the same as you - got the smaller one to try and - when finished - it's now been replaced with the bigger bottle. For me the scent is long lasting for an after-shave - my skin likes it very much - my other half always notices it on me - in a good way. This is not everyone's experience? @Barry Giddens? . yours - I.

Tuesday 7th November 2017
View attachment 30653

Pre Shave: Hot Shower + L'Oreal Birch Sap Face Wash and Proraso white
Razor: iKon 101 + bamboo handle
Blade: Treet Classic (#1)
Brush: Hans Baier Silver Tip
Soap: Valobra Menthol
Post: Alum Block, Cold water and Thayers Lavender Witch Hazel
AS: American Crew Revitalizing Toner

Today's shave was excellent, I find the iKon 101 to be quite mild and it can be fussy about which blades are used, the Treet Classic is one that works for me in the 101. In fact it works superbly, sharp and smooth, in the 101 it made for an effortless shave with a super smooth finish. I may buy some more of these
I bought 100 treet dura blade and was shocked at how good these blades are, and for £7.50 to the door.

Evening K. - I'm glad you tried the Tabac a/s - what else would you finish a Tabac shave with? We don't need to talk any further about how good the soap is? I did the same as you - got the smaller one to try and - when finished - it's now been replaced with the bigger bottle. For me the scent is long lasting for an after-shave - my skin likes it very much - my other half always notices it on me - in a good way. This is not everyone's experience? @Barry Giddens? . yours - I.
That's an open wound Iain. Of all the soaps/aftershaves I have tried (loads) it's the only scent my other half has taken an active dislike to. I can only use Tabac when she is not around. Tragic!

Saturday 4th November

Birch Tar Soap
RSC Facial Scrub
Vitos Green Soap
Semogue 2012 Special Edition Badger/Boar Brush
GEM Micromatic Clog Pruf with a shimmed GEM SS Blade
Alum Block and Rinse
Lacura Moisturiser
Oudh Khalifa EDP

A busy very long day today in Cardiff, finishing with the Royal British Legion Festival of Rememberance in St David's Hall. No room for mistakes so I went with a shimmed Clog Pruf for a smooth irritation free 3 pass BBS shave:)

Enjoy your weekend everyone!

I have used a couple of these myself and I can deffinetly agree on this.

~ SOTD 8th November 2017 ~

Pre - Shower / Faith in Nature Orange Soap / Hot Towel
Razor - Rockwell 2C (R3)
Blade - Voskhod
Brush - RazoRock Disruptor
Soap - Tcheon Fung Sing Ciotola Gialla
Post - Warm & Cold Water Rinse
ASL - Fine L'Orange Noir
tsf.jpg

Nice refreshing orange shave this morning second time iv used this TFS soap its Good Stuff I'm nice and smooth and I smell great .......... Enjoy Your Shaves Folks :)

Greetings All,

Wednesday shave.

One growth and warm shave

Preparation – showered then face washed with Clique Liquid facial soap (mild)

Pre: None
Soap: OSP Barbershop
Razor: Gillette Slim Adjustable (I3) (setting 5)
Blade: Shark SS (3rd)

Brush: Razorock 400 (face lather)

Post Shave: Hot then cold water rinse, Proraso Red aftershave then Nivea Original Balm.

Another fine shave this morning – 3 passes without incident, but then for some stupid reason decided to chase the BBS and ended up with a few weepers.

Cheers,

Brian

Happy Hump Day :)

Back
Top Bottom