SOTD: Saturday February 25 - Friday 3 March 2023.

703F513B-2B12-47BE-859A-DD2153FACED2.jpeg
SOTD: 01/03/2023

Razor: Hone 15
Blade: Feather Hi-Stainless , 1st use
Brush: Yaqi Napoli
Bowl: 3D Printed Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: PAA Future Fiction Croap
Aftershave: PAA Future Fiction Cologne
Balm: The Inkey List Vitamin B, C And E Moisturiser Balm
Fragrance: PAA Future Fiction EdT

Just love this razor, it’s had a light polish as for some unknown reason it had a number of very dark spots/tarnish appear despite being stored in my bathroom cabinet as usual. I’ve managed to get it back to a more uniform colour, I like the patina it had but this was well beyond its normal look so it had to be cleaned. I’ll store it in the bedroom from now on to avoid this happening again. As for the shave it was smooth and simple as always. The soap and splash are a refreshing start to the day, this is one of my favourite set ups.

Thu 2
Cream Saponificio Bignoli BlackBerry & Moss
Brush Yaqi 24mm Purple Mink
Razor RazoRock GC.84-P
Blade Gillette Nacet Stainless 2nd
Aftershave Stirling Executive Man Splash
Very nice lather from this cream. Smell wonderful and has a creamy and very slick lather...
This razor and blade combine very well for an excellent shave! Easy, smooth, and very efficient in 3 passes for a bbs finish...
20230302_101913.jpg

SOTD: 2nd March 2023.

4.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/ Asda Tingly Mint & Tea Tree Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Pears Original Transparent Bar Soap.
Brush: omega 10066.
Face Lather.
Lather: Arko + Palmolive Classic Shave Sticks. (Grated)
Blade: Statum Platinum Chrome. (D2)
Razor: Parker 55SL Semi-Slant.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse./Alum Rub./Cold Water Rinse. / Homemade (~Autumn/Winter mix~) peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel. /Brut ASL + Splash-On Lotion./ Nivea Men Fresh Moisturising Gel.

Greetings,

Early morning shave.

An enjoyable shave to finish my slant razor, sub-continent blade focus & shaving week off superbly.

Throughout the past month or so, my revisiting sub-continent blade focus has been a pleasure. All of the blades that i have revisited have gave me close comfortable shave.

The Statum Platinum Chrome are my new favourite blade which are equal with the Treet 7-Day platinum. Both of these blades are incredibly smooth sharp & efficient and will add them to my blade rotation more regularly in my future SOTD set ups.

Starting next week I'll be revisiting my Egyptian & Turkish made DE blades for the next month or longer pairing them up with various DE razors.

A very comfortable 2 pass + pick ups shave with no errors to report.

Finishing to the shave off with a few small dollops of Nivea Men Fresh Moisturising Gel.

My face is feeling smooth cool, & smelling divine. ;)

Keep safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen. :cool:

SOTD 02-Mar
20230301_122329.jpg
Brush: DG B15
Soap: GN Ernest
Razor: Gillette 'New' LC
Blade: Rubie (1)

Blimey the razor is surprisingly efficient, and deserves a little more respect than I initially gave it. Been a while but I managed to slightly catch myself on the neck, a little more care needed perhaps

But the star for me is this new set, blimey it smells lovely. A citrus, tobacco and woods scent, the splash is heavier on the citrus, at least to my half dead nose, but settles down and just smells brilliant. Very pleased seeing as this was a blind buy!

Hope everyone has a grand day!

Cheers

Marc

SOTD 20230302.
sAS4fhq.jpg

Depot "No. 402" pre & post shave balm (pre-).
M Keramiek / APShaveCo SilkSmoke.
Dusy Professional "MEN Kabinett" shaving soap.
Timeless Ti 0.68 OC / Stork Ti "Anaconda" handle.
Rapira Platinum Lux (1).
Depot "No. 402" pre & post shave balm (after-).
Loris "Rose Oryantal" PE (Perfume Extract).

SOTD 02-Mar
View attachment 101643

Blimey the razor is surprisingly efficient, and deserves a little more respect than I initially gave it. Been a while but I managed to slightly catch myself on the neck, a little more care needed perhaps

But the star for me is this new set, blimey it smells lovely. A citrus, tobacco and woods scent, the splash is heavier on the citrus, at least to my half dead nose, but settles down and just smells brilliant. Very pleased seeing as this was a blind buy!

Cheers

Marc

Yes! The RFB New is more efficient than one might expect, but it's a glorious razor once you get used to it.

Give it some my time my friend, I'm sure you will love it.

SOTD 02-Mar
View attachment 101643

Cheers

Marc
Hi Marc , lovely razor btw but where did you get the soap set from? Sounds wonderful!

Paul.

Back
Top Bottom