SOTD: Saturday February 25 - Friday 3 March 2023.

Thursday AM 2023-03-02
The 'official' world 24-hour shearing record of 841 Merino sheep was set by Brendan Boyle on this date in 2007, Broomehill, Western Australia
v0WV0X6.jpg

Rooney 3/2 Horn Finest (24/54)
Floris Verbena shaving soap (tallow)
Wolfman WR2-SB/Bob's Razor Works Aristocrat Bull Mastiff Bronze
Personna 74 Tungsten (despite what the dice say, it's actually shave 19)
Guerlain Vétiver aftershave (vintage)
FJtWwxV.jpg
OkOSFlV.jpg

Thursday 2nd March

Soap • Barrister & Mann Cheshire
Brush • Yaqi Rocks 30mm Synthetic
Razor • Riron AC Feather Clone
Blade • Kai Protouch MG (6/7?)
Post • Puig Quorum Aftershave

My new toy, a Feather AC clone arrived today, so I took the opportunity to use it. Well, it shaved pretty well with a Protouch MG with half a dozen or so shaves under it's belt.
The razor came with some Chinese knock of Kai Protouch MG's. I duly loaded one, but I might aswell have not bothered - it didn't cut a single hair in 3-4 strokes. I might try one of those blades in my Hawk to see how it performs?

The blades . . . .

Cheshire soap really is good. It seems very thirsty, and performs very well when at the point of being almost over-hydrated.
Finished with Puig Quorum Aftershave, I'm well shaven and smelling good.

I had another cracker of a shave today with the 1957 red-tip fitted with a Super Blue blade.

As I just got a replacement tub of DG Apogee, I used that, lathered with PAA synth so I didn't half empty the tub with a stiff boar, added tons of water and away I went.

Couldn't have been a better start to my day, however, work beckoned and I have just found time to pop this on!

Attachments

• 20230302_003326.jpg
    20230302_003326.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 2
Thursday 2nd March

Soap • Barrister & Mann Cheshire
Brush • Yaqi Rocks 30mm Synthetic
Razor • Riron AC Feather Clone
Blade • Kai Protouch MG (6/7?)
Post • Puig Quorum Aftershave

My new toy, a Feather AC clone arrived today, so I took the opportunity to use it. Well, it shaved pretty well with a Protouch MG with half a dozen or so shaves under it's belt.
The razor came with some Chinese knock of Kai Protouch MG's. I duly loaded one, but I might aswell have not bothered - it didn't cut a single hair in 3-4 strokes. I might try one of those blades in my Hawk to see how it performs?

The blades . . . .

Cheshire soap really is good. It seems very thirsty, and performs very well when at the point of being almost over-hydrated.
Finished with Puig Quorum Aftershave, I'm well shaven and smelling good.
Lovely looking razor. How did you find it compared to the non-folder?

Cheers!

I picked the set up from Anticatura. I've ordered from them before, actually where I got this razor and previously my replated slim.

Always worth keeping an eye on them as they sometimes get in different US brands and manage to get the matching EDPs on occasion.
i got my C&H boar knot from them,
probably the best boar i have

471F5E0D-5239-49E6-9579-0F2D8104FCC6.jpeg

Head and face shave

Giles Shaving Bowl
Razor: Leaf (head)
Blade: Astra SP (1)
Razor: Blackland Vector (face)
Blade: Schick Proline (4)
Brush: Rudy Vey Bog Oak STF 23mm
Pre-Shave: Lacura Moisturising Face Wash
Lather: Wickham Soap Co Gothic Revival
Aftershave: Hawkins & Brimble Balm
Fragrance: Trumpers Eucris EDT

One of those shaves where everything just works perfectly, both head and face absolute BBS and no irritation whatsoever.

28-02-2023

Proraso, Reinfrescante :: Wolfman Guerrilla SB 2023, Perma Sharp (# 2) :: Thäter TSN 2017 :: Santa Maria Novella :: Proraso, Balsamo Dopobarba Protetivo :: Proraso, Lozione Dopobarba

roUXJme.jpg

01-03-2023

Proraso, Pelli sensibili :: Wolfman Guerrilla SB 2023, Perma Sharp (# 3) :: Razorock Beehive :: Proraso, Pelli sensibili :: Proraso, Balsamo Dopobarba Pelli Sensibili :: Proraso, Lozione Dopobarba Barbe Dure

RU1aQRe.jpg

02-03-2023

Proraso, Reinfrescante :: Wolfman Guerrilla SB 2023, Perma Sharp (# 4) :: Simpson Phyl 8 TSN LE :: Álvarez Gómez :: Álvarez Gómez, bálsamo :: Varón Dandy

ZvQKUJT.jpg

Salut!

A bit of a rarity with me and a morning shave, but a damn lovely one. This one arrives pixilated with the theme, 'Quark strangeness and charm'

20230301_202256.jpg

Top quark - Ikon B1
Bottom quark - Feather
Charm quark - Signature Soaps Wicstun
Up quark - Yaqi Dandelion
Down quark - L'Occitane Cade balm
Strange quark.......

20230228_164802.jpg

Came across a chap riding this oddity while I was out on my 'normal' bike as we know it Jim. Curiosity asked 'why?'. 'Because you can'. I would have thought 'Because I am completely out of my tree' might have been more what I was thinking of. Kudos to the man though. Even if traffic lights might be an interesting prospect.

'Honestly it was some daft twat on two bikes slapped together'

Strange bikes aside what a wonderful shave and I must admit that for some reason it felt so damn smooth first thing in the morning. Just what the start to a day of pulling things off needed. And of course Wicstun in Wicstun. Very fitting and respectful to Market Weighton.

Off to work it is...

Strange? Nearly as strange as M.O.8. A band described as a drumming Buddhist monk meets a genderist guitarist meets someone. I love them for some reason....

Back
Top Bottom