SOTD: Saturday February 25 - Friday 3 March 2023.

I find (now) it's all about faith (yeah, just to amplify the zealotry that surrounds the soap) ... and probably why I got it so right when I first came to traditional shaving.

You get your brush soaked and flick out the water so it's practically too dry (something I would likely have done as a beginner) ... have faith. Then, load up with maybe 10-15 swirls in either direction which more experience shavers might feel is not enough ... again, have faith. Get lathering and it just comes together.

Paul,

We must not fear The Fat, but embrace it and learn of it's strange and wonderful ways.

My faith (in the Fat) is strong.

Hi Marc , lovely razor btw but where did you get the soap set from? Sounds wonderful!

Paul.
Cheers!

I picked the set up from Anticatura. I've ordered from them before, actually where I got this razor and previously my replated slim.

Always worth keeping an eye on them as they sometimes get in different US brands and manage to get the matching EDPs on occasion.

Cheers!

I picked the set up from Anticatura. I've ordered from them before, actually where I got this razor and previously my replated slim.

Always worth keeping an eye on them as they sometimes get in different US brands and manage to get the matching EDPs on occasion.
Thank you. I will check them out.

Paul.

02/03/23
Pre - Pears Transparent Original
Brush - Simpson Duke 3 Best Badger
Soap - Ingrams "Cool" Egyptian
Razor - Razorock Lupo 72
Blade - Wizamet Super Iridium
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Proraso Green
A/S - Proraso Green
Wk 09 (6).JPG
Today i dug out the Egyptian Ingram's from the "box of plenty", 1st use for me.
From the off i was getting a synthetic odour as i was lathering it, maybe tea tree? not sure. It made a very nice lather mixed in the Captain copper heavyweight with the Duke 3 and plenty of it.
The Lupo was spot on fitted with the aging Wizamet, i think today was shave #8.
2 passes and done for a very nice BBS finish, during the rinse off i did notice a nice bit of post shave slip on the face.
A nice post shave routine with the Proraso Green balm and splash leaving my skin soft, supple and very cool.
Overall, a nice shave.
Stay safe and enjoy your day all.

Last edited:
Thur 2nd March

Alpha Classic G4 28mm
OSP Bay Rum
Yaqi Raster V1
Schick Proline ( 3 )
Pitralon Polar A/S Lotion

Am rather cautious with my Shaves at the moment as my face is very dry and is easily irritated. No problems with the Shave but somehow cut the side of my nose well away from any Shave areas.

343E3BE0-56F3-4277-B38E-39CCC509B1A1.jpeg

Paul,

We must not fear The Fat, but embrace it and learn of it's strange and wonderful ways.

My faith (in the Fat) is strong.
Yes Shubs, I fully agree, it was a momentary lapse of
reason, I feel so ashamed to have even thought about turning by back on the fat,
Please forgive me, hail the fat!

Paul.

Second shave with the Spoiler, this time in the milder Feather Popular razor.
Thought I'd break out the original Floid Blue aftershave as I have the modern Epsilon coming which is supposed to smell just like it. I certainly hope it does!

Rating: 4.5 / 5

Razor: Feather Popular
Blade: Gillette Super Stainless "the Spoiler"
Brush: Henkverhaar (TSR) badger brush Walnut Silvertip
Lather: Arko with aftershave lotion
Aftershave: Floid Blue https://shavingbuddies.com/shave/6400bb00d581142156d56e93

Wednesday March 2, 2023
Razor: Rockwell 6S
Blade: Wizamet
Brush: Rubber set 400/Cashmere
Soap: Henri Et Victoria Cognac & Cuban Cigars
AS 1: Witch Hazel
AS 2:
Fragrance:
Consecutive Daily Shaves - # 1,578
ZzqdTia.jpg

Back
Top Bottom