SOTD: Saturday February 25 - Friday 3 March 2023.

SOTD Thursday 02 March

Pre-shave: Hot shower, Carbon Theory Charcoal and Tea Tree Oil Cleansing Bar, followed by cold water splash.
Soap: Signature Soaps - Valentia Hybrid Shaving Soap Sandalwood, Vetiver and Bergamot.
Brush: Blackland Signature (Synthetic).
Razor: Blackland Blackbird Lite.
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue (day 3).
Post: Cold water splash, Myrsol 'K', Musgo Real Aftershave Balm.

It's been a while since I have posted on SOTD; sadly I lost my father in July and my mother develped life changing brain injuries. While there have been difficult days, the cermony of wet shaving and dropping in here for a look every now and then lifted my spirits. Life is by no means bad, and I appreciate that others face a much more difficult journey.

A great 2 pass shave with a DFS - many thanks to @BrianH - the Valentia is a lovely soap - great protective lather, glide and the scent, simply wonderful :).

The Blackland Lite is a great addition to the den; for me, it is a great daily driver - very smooth and kind on the skin. The Myrsol has a lovely kick - I'm getting very low and not sure how I can replace this once it is gone.

All the best,

Chris
Good to see you back, Chris.

SOTD 03-Mar
20230301_101542.jpg
Brush: Chubby 1 Best
Soap: Old Spice
Razor: Gillette Old
Blade: Rubie

Excellent shave, its remarkable how well old soaps continue to perform as if no time has passed. Brilliant scent and lather, along with the efficient old. Haven't gone on the hunt for the vintage AS just yet but give it time!

Hope everyone has a grand day and a good kick off to the weekend.

Cheers

Marc

Last edited:
SOTD Thursday 02 March

Pre-shave: Hot shower, Carbon Theory Charcoal and Tea Tree Oil Cleansing Bar, followed by cold water splash.
Soap: Signature Soaps - Valentia Hybrid Shaving Soap Sandalwood, Vetiver and Bergamot.

It's been a while since I have posted on SOTD; sadly I lost my father in July and my mother develped life changing brain injuries. While there have been difficult days, the cermony of wet shaving and dropping in here for a look every now and then lifted my spirits. Life is by no means bad, and I appreciate that others face a much more difficult journey.

A great 2 pass shave with a DFS - many thanks to @BrianH - the Valentia is a lovely soap - great protective lather, glide and the scent, simply wonderful :).

The Blackland Lite is a great addition to the den; for me, it is a great daily driver - very smooth and kind on the skin. The Myrsol has a lovely kick - I'm getting very low and not sure how I can replace this once it is gone.

All the best,

Chris

I've always enjoyed reading your posts Chris.
I hope things continue to improve for you and your family.

Very best wishes

Paul

SOTD 03-Mar
View attachment 101687
Brush: Chubby 1 Best
Soap: Old Spice
Razor: Gillette Old
Blade: Rubie

Excellent shave, its remarkable how well old soaps continue to preform as if no time has passed. Brilliant scent and lather, along with the efficient old. Haven't gone on the hunt for the vintage AS just yet but give it time!

Hope everyone has a grand day and a good kick off to the weekend.

Cheers

Marc
Hi Marc

I found my vintage Old Spice aftetshave on ebay. It smells like I remember in the 70's.
Quite different from the new stuff (which also smells nice, but not the 'real deal' as it were)

Friday 3rd March
GEM Junior Lather Catcher - GEM Stainless Coated #3 - Zenith 507 - Burma Shave Mug - Williams Aqua Velva - Aloe Vera Gel
sSSBNaV.jpg

Hi Marc

I found my vintage Old Spice aftetshave on ebay. It smells like I remember in the 70's.
Quite different from the new stuff (which also smells nice, but not the 'real deal' as it were)
Hey Paul,

I'll have to take a gander, I did go on the hunt a while ago but just never got around to pushing the button. Best do it before it vanishes for good!

Cheers

Marc

I've always enjoyed reading your posts Chris.
I hope things continue to improve for you and your family.

Very best wishes

Paul
Paul - thank you so much - I love the TSR community - I learn so much and also laugh and am humbled from some of the shared experiences. The only downside is the enabling element, when I see new things on SOTD :)

SOTD Thursday 02 March

All the best,

Chris

My condolences for your loss last year but at least it appears you are positive in life.

As others have said it is always nice to see past faces return.

SOTD Thursday 02 March

All the best,

Chris
Thanks Chris. Take care, best regards Brian

Back
Top Bottom