SOTD: Saturday February 25 - Friday 3 March 2023.

View attachment 101645

'Honestly it was some daft twat on two bikes slapped together "
Or Re-cycling in its base origins Chris
Ill Just Leave Tony Hale GIF

Last edited:
AC8D12C7-0DD2-447F-816F-2776763362F9.jpeg
SOTD: 02/03/2023

Razor: Hone 15
Blade: Feather Hi-Stainless , 2nd use
Brush: Yaqi Sagrada Familia
Bowl: 3D Printed Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: A&E L’Orange Verte Puck
Balm: Ariana & Evans Rice Water Serum - Cashmere Velvet
Fragrance: Maison Alhambra Woody Oud EdP

Love the scent of this soap but for some reason it made an inexplicably thin lather. Other than that a great shave considering.

A bit of a rarity with me and a morning shave, but a damn lovely one. This one arrives pixilated with the theme, 'Quark strangeness and charm'

View attachment 101644

Top quark - Ikon B1
Bottom quark - Feather
Charm quark - Signature Soaps Wicstun
Up quark - Yaqi Dandelion
Down quark - L'Occitane Cade balm
Strange quark.......

View attachment 101645

Came across a chap riding this oddity while I was out on my 'normal' bike as we know it Jim. Curiosity asked 'why?'. 'Because you can'. I would have thought 'Because I am completely out of my tree' might have been more what I was thinking of. Kudos to the man though. Even if traffic lights might be an interesting prospect.

'Honestly it was some daft twat on two bikes slapped together'

Strange bikes aside what a wonderful shave and I must admit that for some reason it felt so damn smooth first thing in the morning. Just what the start to a day of pulling things off needed. And of course Wicstun in Wicstun. Very fitting and respectful to Market Weighton.

Off to work it is...

Strange? Nearly as strange as M.O.8. A band described as a drumming Buddhist monk meets a genderist guitarist meets someone. I love them for some reason....

It's a thing.

43c84a0de6701410cda8edddd4e65902.jpg

4825b7103b75d86b17d0ac9b10aadcd1.jpg

670827fca31098aaa32bbc700047d698.jpg

2011-07-02%2BBicycle%2BFriends%2BTall%2BBike%2Ba.jpg

2126136648_ee09f2d7bb.jpg

touring-tall-bike-zenga-bros.jpg

SOTD Thursday 02 March

Pre-shave: Hot shower, Carbon Theory Charcoal and Tea Tree Oil Cleansing Bar, followed by cold water splash.
Soap: Signature Soaps - Valentia Hybrid Shaving Soap Sandalwood, Vetiver and Bergamot.
Brush: Blackland Signature (Synthetic).
Razor: Blackland Blackbird Lite.
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue (day 3).
Post: Cold water splash, Myrsol 'K', Musgo Real Aftershave Balm.

It's been a while since I have posted on SOTD; sadly I lost my father in July and my mother develped life changing brain injuries. While there have been difficult days, the cermony of wet shaving and dropping in here for a look every now and then lifted my spirits. Life is by no means bad, and I appreciate that others face a much more difficult journey.

A great 2 pass shave with a DFS - many thanks to @BrianH - the Valentia is a lovely soap - great protective lather, glide and the scent, simply wonderful :).

The Blackland Lite is a great addition to the den; for me, it is a great daily driver - very smooth and kind on the skin. The Myrsol has a lovely kick - I'm getting very low and not sure how I can replace this once it is gone.

All the best,

Chris

SOTD Thursday 02 March

Pre-shave: Hot shower, Carbon Theory Charcoal and Tea Tree Oil Cleansing Bar, followed by cold water splash.
Soap: Signature Soaps - Valentia Hybrid Shaving Soap Sandalwood, Vetiver and Bergamot.

It's been a while since I have posted on SOTD; sadly I lost my father in July and my mother develped life changing brain injuries. While there have been difficult days, the cermony of wet shaving and dropping in here for a look every now and then lifted my spirits. Life is by no means bad, and I appreciate that others face a much more difficult journey.

A great 2 pass shave with a DFS - many thanks to @BrianH - the Valentia is a lovely soap - great protective lather, glide and the scent, simply wonderful :).

The Blackland Lite is a great addition to the den; for me, it is a great daily driver - very smooth and kind on the skin. The Myrsol has a lovely kick - I'm getting very low and not sure how I can replace this once it is gone.

All the best,

Chris
Hi Chris, I'm so pleased that your wet shaving ceremony lift's your spirits and it's really good to see you back here posting on SOTD, Many of us have never met eachother but you are certainly among friends here at TSR. :)

Paul.

SOTD Thursday 02 March

All the best,

Chris

Sorry for your loss Chris.

Good to have you back posting here. I hope you find your enthusiasm for posting in this section of the forum once again.

I wish you well my friend.

Pre: Friendly Soaps - Tea Tree & Turmeric Soap
Razor: RazoRock Gamechanger .84 SB
Blade: Lord Platinum (1)
Soap: Vitos Extra Super (from the block)
Brush: RazoRock 400 Noir - 24mm Synthetic

20230302-195045.jpg

I'm slowly going through a 'back catalogue' of soaps that I've never tried. The Dr Jons 'Runaway' has a good and slightly different scent 'cherry and leather', but lacks a little in terms of both slickness and post shave for me despite the promising ingredient list. As there's just 10% left, I'm not going to feel guilty about throwing what remains.

My first shave with a Lord Platinum. Certainly sharp, but a smidgen out in terms of smoothness. Hoping for improvement with the latter next time.

311A7B3C-4DAD-4DDD-B4C4-69B92C1E3832.jpeg
Simpson Duke 2 Best
Gillette Super Adjustable ‘84 (3)
Polsilver Łódź (3)
Sir Irish Moos shave stick
Thayer’s Lavender witch hazel
Pitralon Classic a/s

Mäurer & Wirtz produced exceptional tallow soap, providing possibly the best cushion of any I’ve used.
Enjoyable first use of Pitralon Classic aftershave, which seems to have many fans amongst the members of the board.

Outstanding. Smooth and refreshed.

Enjoy yours gents.

SOTD Thursday 02 March

All the best,

Chris
My sincere condolences on your loss of your Father and health challenges with your mother.

Fri 3
Croap Suezbana Lemon & Tea Tree
Brush Yaqi 26mm Moka Express
Razor Gillette New SC
Blade Gillette London Bridge 1st
Aftershave Reuzel Wood & Spice
A very good underrated croap...beautiful lather qualities and scent. The brush is just fantastic!
A perfect combination of razor and blade. Silky smooth and very efficient in 3passes for a bbs finish...
20230303_101625.jpg

Back
Top Bottom