SOTD: Saturday February 4 - Friday 10 February 2023.

The Wild Oranges is a croap I guess. It's like a very dried out cream that's a little crumbly. It has a strong industrial smell with the orange an undertone. It mostly smells like glue!
Fortunately once lathered the orange comes through, and it's powdery and a little musky. It's not at all sweet.
The glue smell is still there but takes a back seat.
I like it!

Second shave with the Permasharp Supreme and this is a superb blade. Very sharp and smooth, giving me BBS all over even ATG.
The Futur clone is a great razor; it seems to be extremely efficient but take a lot of work to cause any soreness on my face. This and the Fatboy were pretty much the only razors I used when I took several years away from this hobby and this is the reason why. It seems to bring the best out of any blade.

Finished off with the 1960s Goya Corvette. Reckon there's only one more shave left in this bottle and I'm in two minds about whether to keep the empty bottle or not. I collect Goya stuff but this is empty now and not my favourite version of the scent (it's very vanilla-y and sweet compared to the fresh aqua smell of the 1950s version). The bottle is also not in great condition.
I guess I will hang on to it for now till I decide whether to throw it away or not.

Rating: 5 / 5

Razor: QShave Futur-style
Blade: Permasharp Supreme (Black background, gold text)
Brush: Henkverhaar (TSR) badger brush Walnut Silvertip
Lather: Meissner Tremonia Wild Oranges
Aftershave: Goya Corvette https://shavingbuddies.com/shave/63e3ab6ad581142156d56bfa
PXL_20230208_081954895.jpg

An afternoon shave? Yes an afternoon shave, and this one dutifully arrives themed, 'Repent, repent, repent ye restrainers. There is salvation'

20230208_140631.jpg

Ye sinners - Rocnel Elite
Ye without faith - Polsilver Super Iridium
Ye without new brushes - Wee Whiskey Barrel
Ye with shallow hearts - Abbate Y Mantia Matteo
Ye believers in the teachings of 'Boycieism' - Botanics moisturiser

'And I say to you, I say to you, if you restrain you will succumb to the curse of a thousand Bic disposables. Where's my fucking head gone?'

Satanfriendly 28:666

Still on the same boat as the other day and hence pretty well the same gear with a different soap and a different blade. Restraint? No, no choice

And to nearly quote a song 'What a difference a blade makes'. After the mismatch of the Feather the Polsilver arrives as a bit of a revelation. So much more feel and synergy (wank word!) going on at the cutting edge. I have kind of learnt to ignore the constant babbling which comes with this razor and entices one to keep going over the same area in belief there is still more to remove. Instead just stick with plan A and shave with it. Great idea. Three passes later and bliss arrives by the shaving bowl full. What a superb finish and massive grin value. Very happy and the best shaven salty arsed sailor on a steel tub of miscreant mariners.

Abbate Matteo? A very acceptable and well delivered lather with the Whiskey Barrel.

Add a touch of M&S Spiced Amber for that little touch of mysticism. The mysticism being, why bother when the smell of diesel and fish are more the airs of delight in Immingham? Because I don't want to smell like a fishmongers next to a petrol station.

Give us some TsuShiMaMiRe I can hear you cry. I hear you, I hear you. .....

8/2/23

Pre - Palmolive
Brush - Yaqi Plissoft 22mm
Soap - MWF/Kent
Razor - Old Type
Blade - Gillette Super Thin Platinum Vietnam (1)
Post - Witch Hazel
AS - Denim Black

I've used both the Thai and Vietnam market Gillette Super Thins in my Old Type and I'm incredibly impressed with both blades, they are sharp and very smooth. I'd go to say both blades are exactly the same but with different packaging, priced differently too.
Have a good day gents.

IMG_20230208_122832.jpg

An afternoon shave? Yes an afternoon shave, and this one dutifully arrives themed, 'Repent, repent, repent ye restrainers. There is salvation'

View attachment 100314

Ye sinners - Rocnel Elite
Ye without faith - Polsilver Super Iridium
Ye without new brushes - Wee Whiskey Barrel
Ye with shallow hearts - Abbate Y Mantia Matteo
Ye believers in the teachings of 'Boycieism' - Botanics moisturiser

'And I say to you, I say to you, if you restrain you will succumb to the curse of a thousand Bic disposables. Where's my fucking head gone?'

Satanfriendly 28:666

Still on the same boat as the other day and hence pretty well the same gear with a different soap and a different blade. Restraint? No, no choice

And to nearly quote a song 'What a difference a blade makes'. After the mismatch of the Feather the Polsilver arrives as a bit of a revelation. So much more feel and synergy (wank word!) going on at the cutting edge. I have kind of learnt to ignore the constant babbling which comes with this razor and entices one to keep going over the same area in belief there is still more to remove. Instead just stick with plan A and shave with it. Great idea. Three passes later and bliss arrives by the shaving bowl full. What a superb finish and massive grin value. Very happy and the best shaven salty arsed sailor on a steel tub of miscreant mariners.

Abbate Matteo? A very acceptable and well delivered lather with the Whiskey Barrel.

Add a touch of M&S Spiced Amber for that little touch of mysticism. The mysticism being, why bother when the smell of diesel and fish are more the airs of delight in Immingham? Because I don't want to smell like a fishmongers next to a petrol station.

Give us some TsuShiMaMiRe I can hear you cry. I hear you, I hear you. .....

You’ll catch your death of cold Chris, banging that gong with a stick in only your jock strap :ROFLMAO: Well I assume it is only a stick.

Wednesday AM 2023-02-08
Pre-Super Bowl Week
e3Ta231.jpg

Rooney 3/3 Porcelain Finest (26/59)
Floris Santal shaving cream (vintage)
Carbon Mokume-gane Oda
Iridium Super (9)
Floris Santal aftershave
CnXJjrE.jpg
h84akXv.jpg

SOTD 20230208 Blasone by IschiaPP @ Forio
  • Brush: Oumo Classic White, Brown Tip Synth, 30x50mm
  • Soap: Erasmic Shaving Stick 50g / Weleda Rasiercreme
  • Razor: FrankenRazor PP1489
    Edwin Jagger DE89 / Maggard Razors MR14
    Zamak, Aluminium, 12x41x100mm, 56g (29/27)
  • Blade: Bolzano Super Inox #2
  • After: Weleda Rasierwasser Vor und Nach
  • Frag: Myrurgia Flor de Blasón EDT Vapo
#Shave #WetShaving #WetShavers
#ShaveOfTheDay #ShaveLikeaMan
#Test #3017 #ShavingSoap #WIP
7JhjSXF.jpg

Full size: 1000x1000px
Soundtrack: Spandau Ballet - Gold

329493117_513849024216268_123064309239965472_n.jpg
Prep: Shower, Palmolive Olive Oil Soap
Soap: TDS Murava (Densely Green Growing Grass)
Brush: 24mm Yaqi Sagrada Familia synthetic
Razor: Merkur 34C HD
Blade: Gillette Winner (1)

As noted elsewhere, my SOTDs have become SOTWs as I try to commit to a setup for the full working week. First outing for one of the new TDS arrivals. This is the new D21 formula and it's a thirsty beast! On first application it looks thin, but it's really slick and smooth. It performs differently as you add more water, becoming like royal icing and you appreciate the glide even more. The scent? I've found that a lot of the TDS soaps all have the same generic smell on opening - slightly chemical with a resinous scent. This one's no exception, but the scent does change on application. There's a fresh, sherbet lemon hit initially which mellows to an aniseedy follow up. The ASL has a fierce initial alcohol smell which soon dissipates but a burn that lingers. I get the tenuous association with grass, but it's just that - tenuous. Performance? Superb. Scent? Well I've worn it for a few days and I'll go back to it, but it's not at the levels of the rose and lilac from TDS.

Last edited:
Razor = Feather AS-D2
Blade = Brazilian Gillette Super Stainless ( 1 )
Brush = Simpsons T3
Cream = ARKO Comfort with matching splash & balm
C4F6B78A-3260-481C-B9A0-B23FF3E69AED.jpegWell i said last week i was totally fed up using this shite but today was different & no idea why.
i really enjoyed this one,
Perhaps it was the new blade who knows.
The blade was top drawer & probably a super thin in disguise.
i’m never very good at describing thinks
partly because i’m stupid & partly because i have no idea :ROFLMAO:
Nonetheless it was class & im now looking forward to its second use.
Onwards & Upwards
Stay Safe Everyone

08/02/2023

Razor: GC 2.0 III
Blade: GSB (1)
Brush: Highlander Tulip HMW
Soap: WK Fougere Bouquet

20230208_195501.jpg

This razor handle can make any razor better. Probably the finest handle in all of Shavingdom.

I love my new Highlander Tulip. Very comfortable to use.

The GC 2.0...... The shave was fine. Nothing exciting. The jump in efficiency between the II and III is noticeable but not extreme. A couple more shaves to go yet but I'm currently leaning towards moving this razor on. I simply have others that I prefer.

F0FF8100-55E4-494E-8D85-89665262A376.jpeg

Razor: Feather AS-D2
Blade: Astra SP (2)
Brush: Mühle Sophist STF 23mm
Pre-Shave: Lacura Moisturising Face Wash
Lather: Mitchell’s Wool Fat
Aftershave: Hawkins & Brimble Balm
Additional Care: Witch Hazel
Fragrance: Molton Brown Tobacco Absolute EDT

Superb shave today, smooth and comfortable. The fat gets better with regular use and skin feeling supple and conditioned.

8 February

SV 70th Anniversary
Yaqi Heavy Metal
Tatara Masamune Nodachi
Feather Hi-Stainless
SV 70th Anniversary asl

View attachment 100309
Another fine shave this morning. Two passes and a smooth and comfortable result. The Nodachi is a very safe razor, even with a Feather (for me), I would rate it as highly as the Rockwell 6S and the Razorock Hawk v3 on it’s safe and close qualities. The SV soap and aftershave are, of course excellent too.
Beautiful setup! A perfectly matched sheen :love:

08/02/2023

Razor: GC 2.0 III
Blade: GSB (1)
Brush: Highlander Tulip HMW
Soap: WK Fougere Bouquet

View attachment 100328

This razor handle can make any razor better. Probably the finest handle in all of Shavingdom.

I love my new Highlander Tulip. Very comfortable to use.

The GC 2.0...... The shave was fine. Nothing exciting. The jump in efficiency between the II and III is noticeable but not extreme. A couple more shaves to go yet but I'm currently leaning towards moving this razor on. I simply have others that I prefer.
Wow your brush is stunning

Back
Top Bottom