SOTD: Saturday January 14 - Friday 20 January 2023.

Thu 19
Soap & Aftershave Barrister & Mann Cheshire
Brush Yaqi 26mm Orange Black
Razor Karve Brass SB-F
Blade Gillette London Bridge 5th
Aftershave B&M Cheshire Balm
Just awesome lather qualities from this soap. Together with the matching balm the scent is lovely!
An acceptable shave with this razor paired with the blade. Seems like the blade has reached the end...it's not as smooth and crisp. Still managed 3passes without any issues for a dfs finish...
20230119_174000.jpg

Thursday January 19, 2023
Razor: Heritage Collection Gibbs Replica
Blade: Wizamet
Brush: Graydog Quilt/Synthetic
Soap: Stirling Bay Rum
AS 1: Witch Hazel
AS 2: Anthony's Authentic Barbershop Bay Rum
Fragrance:
Consecutive Daily Shaves - # 1,536

The Gibbs Comparisons continues today with the Heritage Collection design after using the Yaqi Final Cut yesterday. Using the Original tomorrow and then a shave video comparing thoughts on the 3 of them. Have a great day everyone !
oLzwgHZ.jpg

19/01/23
Pre - Sainsbury's Luxury Soap, Bergamot & Nectarine
Brush - Alpha Outlaw Titanium V1 Synth
Soap - Signature Soap Wicstun
Razor - Blackland Blackbird
Blade - 7 o' Clock SP Black
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Barts Balm Lime Balm and Lotion
A/S - Signature Soap Wicstun
Wk 03 (6).JPG
The 7O'Clock felt really sharp this morning in the Blackbird and not as smooth as my favoured Med prep.
Gladly i had a wonderful thick, slick and cushioning lather from the Signature soap and Alpha brush.
2 passes have left me with a nice BBS finish.
I used the Barts lime balm and lotion and a good splash of the matching Wicstun splash to finish.
My face gave some indication on the high cheeks, however, that could be from my walks to the pool and back then a dog walk on this bright, brisk morning.
Stay safe and enjoy your day all.

Last night's shave and one which came complete with the theme, 'Elitism'

View attachment 99100

I am the best - Occams Enoch
No.1 in Japan - Kai Titan mild
Height of brilliance - Zenith dark synthetic
Cream of the crop - Floris Elite
Godsmell - Floris Elite

'A titanium razor? No more!'

And indeed it wasn't. After a week of playing with lightweight DE razors what a revelation to see a return to the fastest razor in the west. And what a performance. A stunningingly smooth, quick shave with perfect results. And a matching socks and undies moment with the Floris Elite soap and EDC to round things off. My scent of the moment.

More important than any shave though I had my annual assessment at the doctors yesterday after 9 months on the NHS diabetes prevention program. A 20% weight loss and a reduced blood pressure to 125/70. My doctor couldn't have been happier. Not as delighted as me though and the biggest happy bunny of the day.

I think this is a happy Japanese ladies moment. I can never get fed up with these girlies. It's just a make me happy tune.

And I always have time to say, 'I love you all'
Well Done Chris brilliant achievement
fingers crossed you go on to me the rest of your targets.

Last night's shave and one which came complete with the theme, 'Elitism'

View attachment 99100

I am the best - Occams Enoch
No.1 in Japan - Kai Titan mild
Height of brilliance - Zenith dark synthetic
Cream of the crop - Floris Elite
Godsmell - Floris Elite

'A titanium razor? No more!'

And indeed it wasn't. After a week of playing with lightweight DE razors what a revelation to see a return to the fastest razor in the west. And what a performance. A stunningingly smooth, quick shave with perfect results. And a matching socks and undies moment with the Floris Elite soap and EDC to round things off. My scent of the moment.

More important than any shave though I had my annual assessment at the doctors yesterday after 9 months on the NHS diabetes prevention program. A 20% weight loss and a reduced blood pressure to 125/70. My doctor couldn't have been happier. Not as delighted as me though and the biggest happy bunny of the day.

I think this is a happy Japanese ladies moment. I can never get fed up with these girlies. It's just a make me happy tune.

And I always have time to say, 'I love you all'
Well done!!

Razor = Karve CB Aluminium ( D )
Blade = Brazilian Wilkinson Sword ( 5 )
Brush = Simpsons T3
Cream = Arko Cool with matching balm & cologne
DDEB018C-9EDA-4531-A851-0688D1FA7FF3.pngAnother cracking shave this morning.
i’m finding time quite difficult just now but i always make time for a shave even although it’s after a 14 hour shift & it’s not 08.45.
Suppose i shouldn’t moan ah.
Anyway it’s all about the Blade,
5th use & there’s more still in it but i have to say that’s enough for me.
i reckon i could get more but what’s the point,
The Arko is great stuff & very cheap.
The fact it’s so cheap means i’ll leave it here just incase i come back & if i don’t then no dramas
plus i need the room in the suitcase for obvious reasons lol.
I think i prefer this blue ( cool ) to the comfort i used the other day.
3 passes of wonderful lather from a £1.49 cream,
Onwards & Upwards
Stay Ssfe Everyone

Thursday 19 January

The WR1 keeps the open comb theme going today, fitted with a new 7o’clock super platinum black. Grabbed the decanted Glasgow Soap Co. Bay Rum and the 28mm Alpha brush and worked on a lather. I’ve come to the conclusion that “big“ in brushes doesn’t work for me, difficult to control and soap tends to go everywhere but where I want it. Got to be under 24 MM.
Anyway, I digress, the Wolfman is probably my luxury item choice when I am asked to appear on Dessert Island Discs. Naturally I would also want an inexhaustible supply of blades, probably Personna super platinum.
One pass wtg a second atg plus pick ups and my face is smooth, no weeps or irritation. With a splash of Layrite Deluxe No. 9 bay rum after shave I now feel invigorated and a long walk in our lovely countryside beckons.
Have a good day fellas!

948BF39B-D47A-4B7B-B889-F7DC96B87BF6.jpeg

Preshave - Proraso
Soap - Dettol Shaving Cream
Razor - CJB (Feather AC Clone Shavettes) & Merkur Futur
Blade - Feather Professional AC & Voskhod DE
Brush - Yaqi Synthetic
Aftershave - Cien (Lidl) Aqua Aftershave & Cien (Lidl) Aftershave Balm

So first time trying out the Dettol shaving cream, thanks to @Pontormo for sending me some to try out appreciate it, performance is really good for me,
It actually smells like the proper stuff, Dettol! Lol

Anyways fancied using both shavettes style AC and a few razor, did most the headshave with the AC

these AC shavettes are very good,
not sure if it's just me but it feels like less of a chance of cutting myself then with a de shavette, saying that I did get a nick or two lool

Thought I'd give the voskhods another try as last time I used them in the medium Henson I really didn't like them but they performed so much better, I think I remember reading about QC issues so maybe last blade wasn't good? Not sure..

first time using the merkur futur and I really like it, worked perfect for cleaning up whatever was left from the shavette

IMG_20230119_114015.jpg

Back
Top Bottom