SOTD: Saturday January 21 - Friday 27 January 2023.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tue 24th January

Stirling Syn 26mm
P & B Spitfire
RR Hawk V3 -A plate
Kai CT Mild Pink [ 2 ]
P & B Spitfire A/S Splash

My first recorded Shave of the Week, as was travelling after the one on Saturday and then quite busy.
Rather enjoyed the one today, as dug out P&B Spitfire, and squeezed one last Shave from it, have a replacement which will probably see me out tot the end of my shaving life !!

IMG_0334.jpeg

after the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

Schick F type/Schick Plus Platinum (around 1990)
1964 rebranded Macys silvertip flopmeister (fine for creams)
AOS lemon shaving cream (made in England)
no after shave
Barbershop bay rum after shave used as cologne

This razor/blade combo is great for wiping them whiskers clean away. Sharp blade inna razor that somehow fits me perfectly.

Sigh, down to the dregs of the juice Steve made over 10 years ago. Still smells fine but just not as much pop.

BBS results,

Martin

Lol that was pretty much what it was like. Stuff everywhere! Although the thing that actually broke was the toilet seat cover cos I sat on it heavily whilst trying to go through the baskets of stuff. Much swearing ensued, and it turned out that the blades were not even in the bathroom in the first place. I woke up today and remembered where I had put them. I'm a bit deranged at the moment! Lord help me!

Lol that was pretty much what it was like. Stuff everywhere! Although the thing that actually broke was the toilet seat cover cos I sat on it heavily whilst trying to go through the baskets of stuff. Much swearing ensued, and it turned out that the blades were not even in the bathroom in the first place. I woke up today and remembered where I had put them. I'm a bit deranged at the moment! Lord help me!
Oh I had a basic idea of how it went. Been there and done that. Put in a safe place so safe you can't find it..... :LOL:

7KFfQqk.png

RAZOR: RazoRock Superslant L2
BLADE: Feather
BRUSH: Oumo Mixed Wood 26mm Badger
LATHER: Tabac Tallow Formula Shaving Soap & AS

Last edited:
Third shave with the Gillette Bleue Extra, a nice sharp and smooth blade that's hard to find these days.

I have been finding pre-shave lotion to be particularly useful over the last five or so shaves. I always thought the soap should do all the prep but it seems Myrsol Antesol just helps the blade slide a little more easily when the blade is not a fresh one.

Some mild itching and soreness from the Lider balm again. This is despite the shave having no drama and no cuts.
It would be a shame to stop using it but I may have to; it could end up in the passaround.

Rating: 3 / 5

Razor: Gillette Super Adjustable (birth year, long handle)
Blade: Gillette Bleue Extra
Brush: Semogue 1305
Pre-Shave: Myrsol Antesol
Lather: Arko shaving stick
Aftershave: Lider Classic balm https://shavingbuddies.com/shave/63cffdf4718a6562eace6feb
PXL_20230124_095905479.jpg

Prep: Face wash with Simple face wash
Pre: Bart’s Pres-Shave
Razor: Yaqi 70SB on Stando King Polished SS handle
Blade: Personna Platinum (2)
Brush: Omega 10029
S Soap: MSC – Nordic Croco
Frag: Davidoff - Cool Water

It amazes me how different the same blade will behave in a different razor. A lovely smooth shave this time.

SOTD.jpeg

F7FDC879-0B3D-4BEC-A64C-42B67EFCDFF9.jpeg
SOTD: 24/01/2023

Razor: Shield Avenger
Blade: Schick Proline P-30, 1st use
Brush: Yaqi Sagrada Familia
Bowl: 3D Printed Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: A&E Barbiere Sofisticato Croap
Aftershave: A&E Barbiere Sofisticato Aftershave

A fantastic shave! Have previously tried the Schick and dismissed it in my other AC razors, but it works a charm in the Shield on its first use. It’ll be interesting to see if it works just as well here on in!
Enjoy the day guys!

24/01/2023

Razor: Aylsworth Drakkant
Blade: Gillette London Bridge (3)
Brush: Simpson CH2 Best
Soap: DRH Windsor

20230124_171129.jpg

First shave with the pass around Drakkant.

This is a lovely looking razor. I like the finish and the style of it. Feels nice in the hand. The handle looks grippy but has a habit of sliding when I held it before the shave. It's very well machined and the 'smoothed' edges of the raised parts of the handle lack the grip of more pointed, lesser finished equivalents. This impacts the grip as a result but does make it very comfortable to hold. In use, being aware of this, I had no issues with the handle. A slightly tighter grip to be on the safe side and all was well.

The actual shave was very pleasant. I've started with the Standard plate. Very comfortable but angle specific. This plate seems to work best with a more shallow angle. The end result is ok. Now I've got the angle sussed, I'll see how the second shave goes with the Standard plate before changing.

Did I say it looks nice?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom