SOTD: Saturday January 21 - Friday 27 January 2023.

Status
Not open for further replies.
After a day of shaving rest I return with a shave themed, 'Tupperware and other storage boxes'

20230124_161536.jpg

Tin foil box - Muhle R89
Blade bank - Feather
Toilet brush holder - AP Shaving 24mm Cashmere
Sea chest - Captain Fawcett's scarpicchio
Watertight container - L'Occitane Cade balm
Pandora's box - Welcome to shaving

'And just imagine ladies, how much shaving crap your husbands could store in all of these'

A day off from shaving yesterday due to being rather busy doing other matters such as, trying to get half a donkey in to a pseudo tupperware container. One of the screw top variety so as to completely fuck up the recipient of said half donkey.

So this evening saw a return to the 89 with a Feather, which in my world is by far the best blade for this razor. A great lathering effort from the Fawcett's and AP. If you've never tried the Captain's soap I would highly recommend you place it on your list. That is the list of those who are not participating in the 'year of restraint'. If you are on the list, grow some balls and buy, buy, buy.

End results were a cracking shave with big grin value. 89's? A razor every shaver should experience. Buy, buy, buy.

I shall sign off with a video from my favourite bunch of Japanese girls who appear to be having an issue with cling film. Don't try this at home. Shaving through cling film will not be good.

Last edited:
v72vwNZ.png

Razor - Gillette President
Blade - Gillette Nacet
Brush - RazoRock 26mm Boar
Soap - Chisled Face Sherlock
Aftershave - Alt-Innsbruck

SOTD 20230124
Prep: Myrsol Masaje Antesol
Bowl: Ceramiche di Sicilia
Brush: Alpha Outlaw V1 TI Rhodium HD
Soap: A&E Khalifa
Razor: Chiseled Face Legacy TI
Blade: Derby Premium
AS: Myrsol Plastic Shave
AS: A&E Khalifa

SOTD-20230124.jpg

SOTD-20230124-1.jpg

Best Regards
Marco

Last edited:
Tuesday 24th January

AMWts8BUAMV2lsf_Iz7Uuy5EVGqzXpcvv-7yJ3UwhakgemqmaQ-Ekn2y9ztSaCytw27chH4Oyl4P8npedz_ZStHOjVfXk9FpaY6_gZEuXhkFdWr-_C6VlyW4MfGHYTlNtnwhtN1jYos8RqwqR3KqccN-P-mdZg=s800

Ganders Goat Soap w/Hop, Sage & Birch
Omega Crema da Barba Shaving Soap & Omega 10005 Pure Bristle
Gillette Hybrid Tech w/Weber Bulldog (Stainless) Handle & Statum Platinum Chrome (2)
Pitralon Classic Aftershave

By 'eck! I'll say it again tonight, "By 'eck!" ... that is a stonking blade!

Used yesterday in a highly precise engineered stainless razor, the Muhle Rocca and tonight in what I think is my finest vintage razor the Gillette Hybrid Tech ... tonight's shave being the second on this blade was a step up from yesterday and the razor permitted a little more its character to come through.

Yesterday, I mused that it might surpass the mighty SuperMax Blue Diamond Platinum and vowed to review that as my next blade but tonight, it's quite clear that this has surpassed that blade and even the very excellent Lancet Sharp Edge Super Platinum. Tonight, I'm rating it a tad higher than even the mystery Muster Dikson Super Quality Platinum which I believe is actually the Treet 7 Days Platinum.

I'm going to be bold and say that this Statum blade exceeds in my enjoyment over and above my personal favourite blade, the Treet Platinum. That's a bold thing to say off just two shaves but if I only had two blades in the house, one the Treet Platinum and the other this Statum Platinum Chrome, it's this blade I'd pick first!

Time will tell if I pump up its rating because the Treet got that top of the class 10/10 rating by repeatedly delivering me excellence and consistency across scores of tucks.

Strong words!

I have a trio of razors that I like to use to try out new blades - that's the Muhle Rocca, this Gillette Hybrid Tech and the Merkur 37C slant. I also have a string of new blades to try and want to weave in known comparisons as a sanity check ... so a plan has formed for me to run that trio through twice per week with two new blades and drop the winner into the Gillette Ranger Tech or the Wilkinson Sword Sticky for a posh Sunday shave.

Can't say enough nice things about the Bulldog/Nacet combination, for me........PERFECT!!

Rating: 4.5 / 5

Razor: Razorock Bulldog
Blade: Nacet Stainless
Brush: Edwin Jagger Super Badger
Pre-Shave: OSC Gentleman's Cane Pre-Shave Oil
Lather: Razorock The Original
Aftershave: OSC Gentleman's Cane Aftershave
Additional Care:
OSC Gentlemen's Cane Aftershave Lotion
Hot towel https://shavingbuddies.com/shave/63d0a0279b59604655a6d7421000000745.jpg

Last edited:
SOTD 25-Jan
20230124_111432.jpg
Brush: Semogue Galahad
Soap: MdC Fougère
Razor: Blackland Tradere
Blade: Rubie (2)

Better shave this morning, tilted back and away it went. Clearly it was an off day, mowed down with minimal effort. Nice to bring out Barts gear again, I don't gave many balms but this is my favourite. Just wish he would start up the lotion again, my stock is dangerously low.

Hope everyone has a grand day!

Cheers

Marc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom