SOTD: Saturday January 28 - Friday 3 February 2023.

Thursday February 2, 2023
Razor: Schick Type "D" Injector
Blade: Injector ??
Brush: Rubberset 400/Tuxedo
Soap: A&E NYC (1508.5 Project)
AS 1: Witch Hazel
AS 2: A&E NYC Splash
Fragrance:
Consecutive Daily Shaves - # 1,550

I've been on the fence on selling this one as I reduce the den somewhat. Reason being I don't reach for it much and I don't know if I had sellers regret, if I could find another one let alone in this condition and in the original case. After yesterday's stellar shave with the "F" Type I decided it was the D's turn. Another stellar Injector shave with the Type "D" known for it's scissor action design which allows opening for cleaning. A question always asked about Injectors is, Which is the most aggressive Injector. I've used all the letters and TRUST me, it's the "D". This has blade feel for certain and if you are careless it will make you pay, pay attention and you are rewarded with a great shave. It dispells the other common comment about Injectors that they are like "cheating" on shaving or they are as close to "carts" as you can get..........Not the "D"! Have a great day everyone !!
8G1uTUq.jpg

FNMqkp2.jpg

02/02/23
Pre - Sainsbury's Luxury Soap, Bergamot & Nectarine
Brush - AP400 Slim Synbad 22mm
Soap - 1912 Citrus Musk
Razor - Colonial General V2
Blade - Kai Captain Titan Mild
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Tonyschin's Orange & Neroli Balm & Argan Oil
A/S - Wickhams 1912 Citrus Musk
Wk 05 (6).JPG
The General is my favourite AC bladed razor, it always delivers a fantastic result.
Accompanied today with some crackin' supporting characters it delivered again.
2 passes for an easy BBS finish.
Stay safe and enjoy your day all.

Had a couple more shaves with the Wizamet loaded Slim. Both were great shaves, both 2-pass (7,6) with pick ups under the chin.

Signature Valentia pair for one day, Stirling Barbershop pair today.

Which ever day, I would say I had a great shave and smelt great on both days.

Have a good one!

Attachments

• 20230131_144313.jpg
    20230131_144313.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 7
  • 20230202_110748.jpg
    20230202_110748.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 6
Sotd-02-02-23.png
Karve Overlander alu - Treet carbon Classic - Omega 625 silvertip - SV Tundra Artica - Cien Aqua & Weleda balm.

@shaunwistow - First impressions of the Omega are excellent, thank you for asking. Only the second shave but I've liked everything about it so far. First use was a bit wettish as I hadn't correctly guessed the amount of water the damp knot was going to hold - which is a lot given the diminutive dimensions. Better today, it ripped into triple-milled SV no problem. The knot reminds me of old Kent badgers in some way - and the density is comparable to a Semogue HD I own - both these comments are complimentary incidentally. The hair is undoubtedly silvertip - super soft without being floppy - it's small enough to hold its form well when wet. I have no problems holding the handle in use. Pretty much what I hoped the brush would be - a small cloud on a stick. :) I've been looking for a knot of this type for some time and jumped at the Omega when it came up on BST. There is little to choose from with many modern knots if you don't enjoy ultra-high density construction. The 'heritage' of this brush just makes it better. Fear not - I shall look after her. Thank you again - and to careful interim owner @LeeMaz - cheers - I.

Last edited:
Fat February Thursday 2nd

Pre - Palmolive
Soap - MWF/Kent
Brush - Omega 10019/GFS The Hog
Razor - Fat Handle Tech
Blade - Gillette Super Nacet (4)
Post - Witch Hazel
AS - Wars Sensitive

I think I've used this brush, maybe 10 times now. If I'm honest, I'm not really liking it so far. It seems quite pokey; even after a good long soak in hot water, whilst I was trying to build a lather in a bowl, it was like lathering with a stick I found in the garden! My attempts to bowl lather were poor, so I tried to face lather, and the tips were very scratchy indeed. Looking at the brush later in the day, it looks like some of the tips are splitting so it should get softer over time.
Nonetheless, I still managed to build a pretty decent lather with the Fat, but I find it's a shaving soap that excels with a synthetic brush for whatever reason. I had a good 3 passes worth of lather, so that's how many passes I went for. The blade in the FHT was delightfully smooth, a really comfortable finish from start to finish. The Super Nacet seems to be one of Gillette's more elusive blades, and it's a good sharp blade but I don't think it's upto the performance of more commonplace Nacet Stainless, which is a superior blade IMO.
First time using a new splash from Wars. On the label it has the word 'Sensitive' and 'Mountain Herbs', when I put it on my face, it was on fire! I'm not sure if it was down to picking up a bit of brush burn in the shave, but I think this splash has a very high content of alcohol, but the burn dissipates reasonably quickly. As for the scent, it's a nice mild herby scent but it seems to fade quicker than most other aftershaves I have used, several hours later, there's not much scent left on my skin.

Anyway gents, I hope you are well and have an excellent day.

2 2 23.jpg

Thursday 2 February

I wasn’t sure why I bought the razor I used today. It was an inexpensive 3 piece from India with a very good chrome finish and and SB head, much like a few others in my collection. However, it was the black resin and chrome handle that attracted me, it definitely has presence, no other word for it. It’s a good size and weight and looks good on a few other of my similar razors.

Signature Londinium has a terrific lime scent, it’s easy to lather and applied with my no name stone handled badger was soon adorning my face. Small brushes work for me, soap goes on the face without spraying all over the bathroom.

Went with the Feather Hi Stainless blade again today, 4th use, possible 5th but I felt it was starting to fall off the cliff as it seemed to leave a lot of stubble uncut wtg and atg. This required me to finish off with my Mercur twin blade cartridge, not that this was a problem as it’s a perfect razor for the job.

A perfectly acceptable shave no irritation or skin damage so followed with Man Cave moisturiser and balm, job done.

Have a good evening fellas!

931E7663-D414-4C61-A1D9-BAD7FC16B356.jpeg

Fat February 2nd

Gillette Contour Plus | Hand-carved Spalted Beech/G5C | The Fat | Benjamin’s Bay Rum | JB Original EdT

C1247C72-D6D9-483B-B747-3978EE7EE66D.jpeg

Found this Gillette ‘artefact’ from my own wet shaving journey whilst clearing out ‘stuff’. I must have bought it in Sainsbury's around 25 years ago. Acceptable results but I don’t think I’ll be using it again.

Last edited:
Thursday 2nd February

Soap • Stirling Gentleman
Brush • Yaqi Moka Express 24mm Synthetic
Razor • Feather AC
Blade • Kai Protouch MG (10)
Post • Stirling Gentleman Balm

I've recently had a few shaves with a cheap AC razor, and had some success with it (much to my surprise!)
Brian, @culcreuch messaged me with some encouraging tips, which helped me with technique.
When I expressed a wish to obtain a SS AC razor, Brian was helpful with advice, and offering to loan me one or two of his own razors.
Then, Brian offered to gift me this Feather AC. Well, I couldn't accept such an offer, but we came to a trade agreement - and I'm now the proud owner of a quality AC razor!
I used it for the first time this evening, and already it's leaving my cheap Univinlions behind.
I opted to use a Protouch MG with 9 shaves behind it, to err on the side of caution.
I'm pleased to report I managed a two pass shave without any errors.
The more rounded handle felt more comfortable to hold, which made for a more relaxing experience. It feels well weighted too, which helped me not to apply undue pressure in use.

79E58AA8-83CA-4EFE-B968-11550DECF986.jpeg
SOTD: 02/02/2023

Razor: Shield Avenger
Blade: Schick Proline P-30, 4th use
Brush: Shedeleven Spalted Scottish Hawthorn AP Shave Co G5C 26mm Fan
Bowl: 3D Printed Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: HC&C White Star Southern Comfort Puck
Balm: The Inkey List Vitamin B, C And E Moisturiser Balm
Fragrance: William Hunt Oud De Parfum Eau de Toilette

A spot on daily driver with this blade set up. Previously I had rejected the Prolines in my other AC razors but they work like a dream in the shield.
The basic HC&C soap is amazing and I need to grab the splash as it’s an absolute delightful scent, tobacco and bourbon, what’s not to love!
Enjoy your evening guys.

Back
Top Bottom