SOTD: Saturday January 7 - Friday 13 January 2023.

I've received my two pucks of GFT Officers and Gentlemen soap
If it works out well....that could put me in an awkward position. Many years ago my wife bought me the Officer and a gentleman traditional shaving scuttle. It never occurred to her that it wasn't much use without soap. I never bought the matching puck. I am on a no buy for as long as I can hold out. If this gets another seal of approval......I may have to read the 'small print' and see if I can backdate it about 10 years!

Thursday 12th January
General Steel - Proshave S #2 - Signature Soaps Novus Spice - Jayaruh 289 - Old Spice Original AS - Aloe Vera Gel - Bespoke Sweet Spice & Sandalwood EDP
nKGJ8od.jpg

Karve Overlander/Goodfellas Styletto Aluminum Razor SHOOTOUT
Watch all the way thru for the comedy thoughout the last minutes of the video :ROFLMAO:
Wednesday January 11, 2023
Razor: Karve Overlander Aluminum/Goodfellas Styletto Aluminum
Blade: Wizamets
Brush: Jason Custom/Cashmere
Soap: Barrister and Mann (Leviathan)
AS 1: Witch Hazel
AS 2: Avon Leather
Fragrance:
Consecutive Daily Shaves - # 1,528
A great upbeat video from you, very entertaining.
I hope you're tablet is ok after the fall, it was probably my fault for moving around while your was shaving! :)
Thanks for posting.

Paul.

If it works out well....that could put me in an awkward position. Many years ago my wife bought me the Officer and a gentleman traditional shaving scuttle. It never occurred to her that it wasn't much use without soap. I never bought the matching puck. I am on a no buy for as long as I can hold out. If this gets another seal of approval......I may have to read the 'small print' and see if I can backdate it about 10 years!
I'm sure if you wife was to buy you the puck of soap that she forgot to buy with the scuttle you could still keep a clean slate, gifts brought for you are beyond your control so cannot be held against you! :)

Paul.

12/01/23
Pre - Sainsbury's Luxury Soap, Bergamot & Nectarine
Brush - Semogue SOC TAJ Boar
Soap - 1912 Citrus Musk
Razor - Blackland Blackbird
Blade - Personna Med Prep
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Tonyschin's Orange & Neroli Argan Oil
A/S - Wickhams 1912 Citrus Musk
Wk 02 (6).JPG
Yep, Blackland made a fantastic razor when they made the Blackbird.
Great shave that.
Stay safe and enjoy your day all.

Not so much a shave of the day but more of a shave of the week.

This week I have been enjoying going back to basics with a couple of Gillette Techs, a badger brush and a different shave stick everyday. I am very pushed for time this week, and the next couple of weeks. I would rather spend more time shaving than photographing and posting about it. Normal service will be resumed shortly.

Simple pleasures gentlemen, simple pleasures.

634BE430-A517-4F7E-9EFC-0F573ADB1EBB.jpeg

Thursday January 12, 2023
Razor: Cir. 1911 Daisy Razor
Blade: Modified Gem SS
Brush: Knothead Brushworks "The Kentuckian"/Timberwolf
Soap: Van Der Lovett "Dutch Blue"
AS 1: Witch Hazel
AS 2: Nivea Deep
Fragrance:
Consecutive Daily Shaves - # 1,529
n6XZxdi.jpg

Osmn8RJ.jpg
Great fotos as ever Dave, the razor is in great condition for its age, looks like it was a 50 cent basic which in the day would have been about where those bad boys sat I guess, amazing that the card box has lasted so long. Thanks be to GEM for keeping the faith and ensuring that these oldies can still be used today. Keep ‘em coming Dave! (y)

SOTD 12-Jan
20230112_103243.jpg
Brush: Wolf Whiskers Boti Chubby
Soap: P&B Spitfire
Razor: PAL Injectomatic
Blade: Proline (5)

Been a while since I've used the WW. I've set this knot far too low, not quite enough splay and it isn't releasing as well as it could. Think I might need to pull and set a few mm higher. Should be easy enough, or at least I hope so, pretty sure I set this one with silicone.

Still a decent shave, definitely prefer the injectomatic to the Schick I have in hand and most definitely compared to the Parker InjRzr.

Hope everyone has had a grand day!

Cheers

Marc

Great fotos as ever Dave, the razor is in great condition for its age, looks like it was a 50 cent basic which in the day would have been about where those bad boys sat I guess, amazing that the card box has lasted so long. Thanks be to GEM for keeping the faith and ensuring that these oldies can still be used today. Keep ‘em coming Dave! (y)
Thanks (y)

12 January

Signature Soaps Danum
Simpson Chubby 3
Tatara Masamune Nodachi
Treet Platinum
Signature Soaps Danum splash

CA85BDF9-004F-49C0-BC5A-5A1DB0F66CBF.jpeg
Several times I have thought to post today’s shave and then been distracted. This is this morning’s shave. The Simpson brush seems to have become a little more flexible over the months that I have owned it, in a good way. The Signature soap still creates wonderful lather, and the Tatara razor still scrapes it off with aplomb, and no apparent danger. What a great way to start the day.

Back
Top Bottom