SOTD: Saturday March 11 - Friday 17 March 2023.

I’m the same with Feather Pro’s and Super’s, much prefer Schick Prolines in my AC razors
It's quite odd, Neil - this is the 2nd blade from the cartridge, and the 1st was smooth from the start. Perhaps it's just a duff blade?
I sometimes find Proline P's are a bit rough for the first use, then they settle down. The same with Kai Pink (Titan Mild)

SOTD 20230312 Passero by IschiaPP @ Forio
  • Brush: Oumo Brush, Babel Nebula, Sparrow S1, 27x50x115mm, 93g
  • Soap: Erasmic Shaving Stick 50g / Tcheon Fung Sing Linea Intenso Zagara & Gelsomino Forte
  • Razor: FrankenRazor PP1489
    Edwin Jagger DE89 / Maggard Razors MR14
    Zamak, Aluminium, 12x41x100mm, 56g (29/27)
  • Blade: Bolzano Super Inox #1
  • After: Arval L'Uomo AS Balm
  • Frag: Tcheon Fung Sing Acqua di Colonia Ginestra di Taormina 100ml
#Shave #WetShaving #WetShavers
#ShaveOfTheDay #ShaveLikeaMan
#Test #3017 #ShavingSoap #WIP
rp15rcc.jpg

Full size: 1000x750px

Soundtrack:
Lang Lang - Mō Lì Huā

SOTD 20230312 Passero by IschiaPP @ Forio
  • Brush: Oumo Brush, Babel Nebula, Sparrow S1, 27x50x115mm, 93g
  • Soap: Erasmic Shaving Stick 50g / Tcheon Fung Sing Linea Intenso Zagara & Gelsomino Forte
  • Razor: FrankenRazor PP1489
    Edwin Jagger DE89 / Maggard Razors MR14
    Zamak, Aluminium, 12x41x100mm, 56g (29/27)
  • Blade: Bolzano Super Inox #1
  • After: Arval L'Uomo AS Balm
  • Frag: Tcheon Fung Sing Acqua di Colonia Ginestra di Taormina 100ml
#Shave #WetShaving #WetShavers
#ShaveOfTheDay #ShaveLikeaMan
#Test #3017 #ShavingSoap #WIP
rp15rcc.jpg

Full size: 1000x750px

Soundtrack:
Lang Lang - Mō Lì Huā
What do you think of the Sparrow S1 now you've used it a few times?

after the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

D. Corrado open comb/SI
1964 rebranded Macys silvertip flopmeister (fine for creams)/AOS lemon shaving cream
Lucky Tiger after shave
Bvulgari 'Black' EdT

This razor's not pretty.....missing some handle plating but the teeth are straight and it's one of the more aggressive pieces in my arsenal. Very easy to whisk away 3 days of wiry whiskers but attention is needed for sure.

The brush is dated 1964 and works best on creams where not much loading is needed. Great old AOS lemon is a favorite of mine.

BBS results,

Martin

Attachments

• 20230312_073847.jpg
    20230312_073847.jpg
    198.1 KB · Views: 6
  • 20230312_074052.jpg
    20230312_074052.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 6
Sun 12
Soap Catie's Bubbles Irish Coffee
Brush SOC Cherry Wood Boar
Razor P Hospital Le Grelot Thiers
Aftershave Clubman Whiskey Woods
Nice aromatic scented soap with good lather qualities whip up pleasurably on the face with the excellent brush!
Did not shave for 2 days due to some breakouts in my shave areas. This razor sure does the job well today. 3 buttery smooth passes for a bbs-dfs finish...awesome!
20230312_205904.jpg

12/3/23

Pre - Palmolive
Soap - Derby Stick
Brush - ApShaveCo 22mm SynBad
Razor - Gillette Tech
Blade - Gillette Winner Platinum (8)
Post - Lea Balm
AS - Brut Oceans

This Tech is a weird one. It has the aluminium handle found with some Techs, including the Sportsman ones. I have one of those and it has a logo embossed top cap made from Zamak. The one I used today has quite a heavy solid brass top cap/head. It has a head like my early 50's Ball End Tech. I have no way to measure their mass but I should get the calipers if one has a slightly thicker top cap than the other.
I'm not sure if it is a FrankenTech or one of the more elusive models on the Mr Razor website.
I'm fairly sure today's Tech is a touch more efficient than my well trusted Ball End Tech. It seemed that way in today's shave. Not the closest shave I have had but it was very smooth.
I'm liking the SynBad knot more and more with each shave. Everyone seemed to rave about how good it was and I took ages to buy one myself, I should have bought one straight away!

Anyway gents, I hope you are well and have a nice Sunday.

IMG_20230312_140243.jpg

Sunday

Fat of ye Mitch
PAA Atomic Rocket 26mm synth
Face lather
Fa Tip Lo Storto
Super Iridium #1
Flöid Black

Deceptive wee chap the Lo Storto. Very little blade gap between the SI and the comb; so the tendency to think that it might require a bit work. Not a bit of it. Despite its lack of blade feel compared to, say, the RR German 37 it’s still very efficient.

The Atomic Rocket helped produce almost industrial sized amounts of Mitch Fatness…
064EB913-5DA3-462C-B8BE-5DA9DFCE3103.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom