SOTD: Saturday March 4 - Friday 10 March 2023.

View attachment 101958
SOTD: 08/03/2023

Razor: Stando Rod
Blade: Feather Pro, 4th use
Brush: Knothead Brush Works 26mm AP Shave Co. Synbad
Bowl: 3D Printed Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: Catie’s Bubbles A Midnight Dreary Puck
Balm: Liz Earle Aftershave Balm Balm
Scent Oil: HC&C Dark Moon
Fragrance: Tom Ford Black Orchid Eau de Toilette

Many thanks for all the birthday wishes. Despite the black and tarnished damage to the Stando I wanted to use it for my Birthday shave. Thankfully it still worked a great and gave a brilliant shave. I decided to top up the Catie’s bubble with the similar scented oil from HC&C oil. This was a significant improvement on the Wolfman efficiency wise but equally smooth and easy.
All in all a great birthday shave!
Belated birthday wishes Lee @LeeMaz

9 March

PAA Dapper Doc’s
Semogue SOC
Ikon Deluxe DLC
Treet Platinum
Signature Soaps Hibernia splash

EFE863E0-C780-4102-99EB-A9E1FE1177EB.jpeg
The Semogue is softening up quite nicely, in a good way, but it is still distinctly lathericidal. I had to go back to the puck for a second pass. That aside a good, close two pass shave with a Treet in the Ikon. I’ve not used this combination before, favouring a Feather, but the Treet Platinum was very smooth.

Thought I'd break out the Kent/Mitchell's Wool Fat after a long period without using it.
I can't help with the good/bad batch number logging; the soap was bought around ten years ago and its box has long gone. It is a superb latherer.
The Shark blade seemed to stop working well after a few strokes. Almost like it has been switched off. I loaded up a Triton R3 which is a blade I'd never heard of, sent to me courtesy of @dodgy.
A nice sharp blade with a lot of feel and noise.
The logo is of a Triton on its side but to me it just looks like the old British Rail logo!
Finished with the Myrsol Plastic Shave, a recent re-acquisition after maybe 7 or 8 years absence. Not exactly ubiquitous; I ordered mine via Famaideal from Spain. It was worth it though!

Rating: 4 / 5

Razor: Edwin Jagger DE89
Blade: Triton R3
Brush: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Amber Aerolite Stygian Synthetic
Lather: Kent/Mitchell's Wool Fat
Aftershave: Myrsol Plastic Shave https://shavingbuddies.com/shave/6409c250d581142156d56f3fimage.jpg
Triton R3 railway station?

SOTD 20230309.
QkWRIRT.jpg

Noxzema "Classic" pre-shave cream.
J&T® katalox / OUMO Brush imitation silvertip synth.
T.O.B.S. "Cedarwood" shaving cream.
Seygus Ti "Zeppelin" V2.1 0.7 razor.
Astra Superior Platinum (1).
Colonel Ichibad Conk "Santa Fe Cedar" ASB.

09/03/23
Pre - Pears Transparent Original
Brush - AP400 Slim SynBad 22mm
Soap - Martin De Candre Fougère
Razor - Luxus Bamboo
Blade - Voskhod Teflon coated
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Tonyschin's Orange & Neroli Balm & Argan Oil
A/S - Wickhams 1912 Citrus Musk
Wk 10 (6).JPG
Well i have to say i am impressed with this little shavette, i mean, in reality i paid a Fiver for the razor stand alone and i am very happy with it. Today i tried the Bamboo shavette fitted with half a Voskhod, in my view a very safe blade. The fit and finish of this "free" razor is pretty good, the blade was a bit finicky to get in and level due to the bent tabs but once in and all closed up the blade was held very securely.
A very easy face lather today with the MDC and AP brush, i do like these smaller brushes.
I completed a 2 pass shave routine consisting of a WTG pass then a mixed pass of ATG on neck and throat and XTG on cheeks - ear to chin/top lip. I completed a bit touch up here and there for a very fine, close finish. The razor felt secure in the hand and was easy to roll in the fingers to adjust and correct the shave angle, all in all a nice shavette shave.
A nice post shave routine finishing with a splash of the 1912 Citrus Musk - very nice.
I would say a nice razor for a beginner to try without spending too much. i think i will keep them for the travel bag.
Stay safe and enjoy your day all.

Last edited:
09/03/23
Pre - Pears Transparent Original
Brush - AP400 Slim SynBad 22mm
Soap - Martin De Candre Fougère
Razor - Lexus Bamboo
Blade - Voskhod Teflon coated
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Tonyschin's Orange & Neroli Balm & Argan Oil
A/S - Wickhams 1912 Citrus Musk
View attachment 101994
Well i have to say i am impressed with this little shavette, i mean, in reality i paid a Fiver for the razor stand alone and i am very happy with it. Today i tried the Bamboo shavette fitted with half a Voskhod, in my view a very safe blade. The fit and finish of this "free" razor is pretty good, the blade was a bit finicky to get in and level due to the bent tabs but once in and all closed up the blade was held very securely.
A very easy face lather today with the MDC and AP brush, i do like these smaller brushes.
I completed a 2 pass shave routine consisting of a WTG pass then a mixed pass of ATG on neck and throat and XTG on cheeks - ear to chin/top lip. I completed a bit touch up here and there for a very fine, close finish. The razor felt secure in the hand and was easy to roll in the fingers to adjust and correct the shave angle, all in all a nice shavette shave.
A nice post shave routine finishing with a splash of the 1912 Citrus Musk - very nice.
I would say a nice razor for a beginner to try without spending too much. i think i will keep them for the travel bag.
Stay safe and enjoy your day all.
I very nearly bought one of those....just for the stand....but I really don't need any more of that type of shavette. How were the blade corners?

I very nearly bought one of those....just for the stand....but I really don't need any more of that type of shavette. How were the blade corners?
They were fine Brian, they caused no issue during the shave. The smaller black shavette i got with this one i think will be milder as the blade sits further in. I will be using it tomorrow so you will be able to see the difference of blade setting.
To be honest, a real good beginners shavette.
I was going to PIF the razors as i have enough shavettes, however, this one performed that well it will be a travel razor to give a bit variety to the dopp bag.

Thursday March 9, 2023
Razor: Durham Dorset Safety Razor
Blade: Feather Pros
Brush: 1800's Koch/Silvertip Badger
Soap: Ethos "Shave MD"
AS 1: Witch Hazel
AS 2: Ethos "Shave MD" SFS
Fragrance:
Consecutive Daily Shaves - # 1,585
Great to hear that your schnoz is now functioning as it should Dave. Don’t worry about a big nose, mines pretty big and you know what they say, big nose big heart or some such expression I think, :unsure: :ROFLMAO:
I will give my recently acquired Durham a run out next week.

Thursday 9 March
After an amazing vacation in South Africa I’m now back to reality in uk and my first wet shave for a month as I was too lazy to take anything with me other than my Fusion 5. Convenience is one thing but nothing beats the ritual of a wet shave and today’s satisfaction of achieving a comfortable and irritation free result. Splash of Positano after shave and the wet grey day doesn’t look quite so bad, although not nearly as nice as a day in Western Cape.
However, whilst sorting out my blades yesterday I managed to cut my right thumb quite deeply. Lots of claret and fumbling with my left hand for plasters before staunching the bleed. Without doubt I have drawn more blood from my fingers and thumbs handling and fettling blades (for my unorthodox vintage razors) than I have from my face whilst shaving. I’m amazed I still have 10 digits.

Razor: TATARA nodachi
Blade: Personna silver platinum
Brush: no name badger
Soap: Stirling Barber Shop

Have a great day fellas!

484962AA-9EE1-4944-BD60-DCACC330EEBD.jpeg

Thursday March 9, 2023
Fragrance:
Thursday March 9, 2023
Fragrance:
Great to hear the nose job went well Dave, they have obviously improved their technique since I had mine done! :cool:

Paul.

Sotd-09-03-23.png
Karve CB alu - C plate - Gillette Silver Blue - Simpson Trafalgar 2 - various TDS - Epsilon Blue - Alvarez Gomez balm & Terre d' Hermes edp.

Last few shaves - revisiting my TDS soaps - for me - a superior soap base - must be the shungite water? - as long as you accept that no matter the predominant scent description - they all smell a bit like a pine forest. Which is fine. - saludos
- I.

Back
Top Bottom