SOTD wc Saturday 10th - Friday 16th August 2013

Morning all,

Fridays shave, always a nice thing to say, weekend tomorrow :)

Shower, shampoo and wash beard
EJ DE89
Shark SS (2)
MenU Bristle brush
EJ Aloe shave soap (facelather)
3rd pass with Lush Dirty shave cream
Warm water rinse
Cold water rinse
Gaultier 2 AS Balm

Nice shave, definitely getting on OK with these Sharks. Promoted Lush shave cream to 3rd pass, good move as extra touch up pass not required.

Friday xvi August, 2013

Shower, Arran Aromatics Peppermint & Eucalyptus glycerin soap
Cold water splash
Neep custom '67 threepenny bit extra silvertip
Dr Dittmar speziale, face lathered
Digress HD
Personna Med Prep #2
Thayers Medicated WH, Institut Karité

Yep, after yesterday's smash and grab this was back to normal service. Excellent

Have a good day,

Jon

starting to enjoy this now getting better everyday but still only got a few things to shave with think im gonna have to start spending

proraso pre shave cream very strong menthol wont be getting this again
geo f trumper sandalwood soap
muhle R89 closed comb
personna blade
excutive shaving super badger
and some thayers toner rose petal

Friday 16th August.

The GF's 21st today, so out for a meal etc later.

Not the best day to be using a completely new razor, but it turned out very well.

Brush: Semogue 830
Soap: Trumpers Coconut- suribachi lathered
Razor: EverReady 1912 courtesy of our very own jds (huge thanks mate!)
Blade: Gem (see above ;))

My first proper shave with a SE razor, and man did I enjoy it! The sounds as it cuts through the whiskers is incredible. More audible than any of the DE razors I've tried. It was a bit awkward getting used to it first of all, and going WTG under the nose, so I abandoned that and stuck to my 2 ATG passes. Result is smooth, and it's definitely got me hooked on SE's already.

Big thanks to Jon, for opening my eyes, and in the future my wallet! Haha.

SmallBeard said:
Friday 16th August.

The GF's 21st today, so out for a meal etc later.

Not the best day to be using a completely new razor, but it turned out very well.

Brush: Semogue 830
Soap: Trumpers Coconut- suribachi lathered
Razor: EverReady 1912 courtesy of our very own jds (huge thanks mate!)
Blade: Gem (see above ;))

My first proper shave with a SE razor, and man did I enjoy it! The sounds as it cuts through the whiskers is incredible. More audible than any of the DE razors I've tried. It was a bit awkward getting used to it first of all, and going WTG under the nose, so I abandoned that and stuck to my 2 ATG passes. Result is smooth, and it's definitely got me hooked on SE's already.

Big thanks to Jon, for opening my eyes, and in the future my wallet! Haha.

I was wondering when you'd give it a full spin... glad you enjoyed it and seems to have been a trouble free shave, so looks like you are good to go to acquire some more SE's and become a LOSER....

All the very best

Jon

MachM said:
Friday:

Vitos pre-shave

I'm using up the last of the Vitos pre-shave, I don't find it makes any difference to the shave but I might as well use it up since it's just sitting there on the shelf.

Yesterday morning I shaved using only the Vito's pre-shave and it wasn't half bad. I could feel the menthol for hours afterwards.

FRIDAY MORNING

Prep: Cold rinse & Prep massaged into beard
Razor: UFO Godzilla and Weber ARC head
Blade: Personna Med Prep
Brush: Frank Purtech
Shave soap: Klar Kabinett - suribachi lathered
After - Witch hazel, WS balm

Superb shave. The Frank is a lather monster. Maybe time to consider selling the Muhle (it's that good!)

BBS with a couple of easily closed weepers (due, I think, to the crap shaves earlier this week). No irritation though.

Friday 16th August

SOTD16813_zps7a9f648c.jpg

Warm shower
Hot flannel
Speick cream bowl lathered
Simpson Commodore x3 best badger brush
Gillette 1963 slim set on 5
Gillette 7 o'clock sharp edge (3)
Cold rinse
Thayer's lavender witch hazel
Speick aftershave

Brian

Friday:

Evening, everyone.

Prep: Claus Porto's Lime-oil face soap
Razor: EJ DE89 with iKon bulldog handle
Blade: Treet Dura Sharp (7)
Brush: Ecotools kabuki
Shave soap: Erasmix Supreme
A/S: Homemade Kölnischwasser splash
Cologne: James Bronnley

Nice and easy end to the week.

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

Savile Row badger
Schick F type injector/GIllette Platinum Plus (NOS 1970)
Kent SS
Malizia EdT

So 4 very nice shaves with this blade and I used a different blade for two more with good results. I think this razor is due for a break starting tomorrow. Quite enjoyable really. It shaves unlike others I've tried. Great, but weird looking head design that leaves my face extremely smooth without sacrificing comfort.

BBS results,

Martin

Lately, when I read "After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:", my legs start to shake. Oh men, the perfect alu razor, paired with the perfect alu brush. I fear the moment when Martini show us the pic of the couple. Oh my God! Darn it! What have we done to deserve this? I'm the guilty, I am, for enabling him with my pics!

english gillette old type
7 o'clock yellow
semogue 1800
valobra almond shaving soap
old spice fresh lime AS/ 444

good, solid shave. first time, after a couple of test lathers, with the semogue 1800 and i rather like it. thought it would have more back bone, and be denser, but it works for me. should be a cracking brush after its broken in.

Back
Top Bottom