EdT: DR Harris Windsor

No-drama shave :)

Hot flannel
Proraso pre, menthol
New Forest Tubby 1, T&H 1805 cream
Feather AS-D2, Personna Lab Blue (1)
Cold splash
Clinique post-shave soother

By 'eck... Rapira Swedish may be my absolute favourite blade, but I do like me Lab Blues!
Anyway... I was a bit experimental today. Instead of my usual two passes plus touch-ups, I decided to for three passes. A bit of befuddlement over the XTG pass (I had 360 angles to go at). Result: out and out BBS, but some redness on my lower neck (red, but it isn't sensitive... funny!)
Conclusion: what I really need is two and a half passes... so I'm likely to stick to my tried and tested method in future. No harm in trying, is there?

Prep: Village Barber Oil
Soap: Proraso Green
Brush: Simpsons Chubby 2 - 2 band
Razor: Fatboy (5)

Getting a feel for this fatboy. 5 seems to be the best setting for me at the moment, it's the compromise between efficiency and comfort.

I finally plucked up the courage to slap a feather blade into my new Merkur 39c Slant Sledgehammer for this morning's shave.

Nice warm shower, good deep wash of my stubble, followed by a liberal application of Arlington's Pre-shave. After soaking my EJ badger brush in hot water, I worked up a decent thick lather of Arlington's hard soap. Now to the shave......

For the first two passes (WTG/XTG), it hardly felt that the razor and blade combo was doing anything. I then lathered up for the third time and went ATG, using the weight of the razor and some long, slow passes. It was then that I realised what a fantastic combo the 39c and the Feather blade is, as long as you are wide awake and you know what you are doing.

Finished up with a bit of a nick on my top lip, but this responded well to the Alum block.

A quick splash of Arlington After Shave and a dab of cologne behind each ear and I was ready for work. That superb feeling you get after a really close shave (with no burn) lasted well into the afternoon, with hardly any significant regrowth to report.

Astra SP (2)
Turkish no. 6
Axe Denim shaving cream
Long comb New
Proraso pre/post as post.

Good although skin unusually sore during first part of shave. I started with a used-once-only Sputnik from a few days ago and it was near blunt! Luckily the Astra fared much better despite having had the same amount of previous uses. And Sputnik are more expensive!

Southcote Shave said:
I finally plucked up the courage to slap a feather blade into my new Merkur 39c Slant Sledgehammer for this morning's shave.

I realised what a fantastic combo the 39c and the Feather blade is, as long as you are wide awake and you know what you are doing.

Yeah, there's not much buffer with a Feather. Very little room for screw ups, with hardly any previous warning before it happens.

There's only a few razors that I will load up with one of those, and each pairing is a magical shaving combo.

Thursday:

Evening, everybody.

Prep: Claus Porto's Lime-oil face soap
Razor: EJ DE89 with iKon bulldog handle
Blade: Treet Dura Sharp (6)
Brush: Ecotools kabuki
Shave soap: La Toja stick
A/S: Ice Dive
Cologne: Nautica Voyage

I was a bit pressed for time so went for a one-pass ATG shave. Easy, visually-accceptable and pretty close.

Today

SOC 2 Band
Ralph Lauren Safari Shaving Soap (from the worlds best enabler)
Gem Clog Pruf
Gem Blade (5) & (1)
Speick AS splash
Arlington AS Milk

Think the old Gem blade was a bit dull so used a new one for the final pass.

Still not sure about the Arlington Milk used a couple of times so far leaves the skin very soft but not sure it is for me. This may head to BST shortly as part of a clear out. You have been warned!

Greetings

Friday 16th August 2013
Prep: Shower
Razor: Merkur 37C Slant
Blade: Treet Dura Sharp Carbon
Brush: Semogue OC Boar
Soap: Klar Kabinett
Aftershave: Astral Cream (light)

Super close shave.

Regards
Dick.

DSC04537.JPG

Friday:

Vitos pre-shave
Cella
NF Tubby 2
Ever Ready Streamline
Gem blade
Professor Blighty's Green Ginger AS

Another top shave, BBS results. I'm using up the last of the Vitos pre-shave, I don't find it makes any difference to the shave but I might as well use it up since it's just sitting there on the shelf.

Back
Top Bottom