SOTD wc Saturday 10th - Friday 16th August 2013

Razor : merkur progress xl
Blade : wilkinson sword
Brush : kent blk12
Cream : palmolive
Splash : superdrug forest fresh

New blade for the progress and another great shave. Face lathered with the kent and palmolive and loved it.

Tuesday

SOC 2 Band
Figaro (thanks Al)
Gem Flying Wing
Gem Blade (4)
Speick AS Splash

Figaro is really good!

Today

SOC 2 Band
Palmolive / Erasmic frankensoap
PAL Injector
Personna Blade
Alcolado Glacial

Just a quick WTG pass to tidy up, it was all the injector talk that made me give this one a quick try.

Dr Dulcamara said:
Schick F type injector/Gillette Platinum Plus (1970 NOS)

Martini, do you have a pic of your new toy? I'm intrigued. I want a bit of my own medecine.
A few days ago I see you singing its virtues and I'm starting to not sleep thinking about it.
Maybe is the alu handle, and you pretend pair it with the wonderful Rubberset 400 you sent to GD to restore?
But maybe I do not understand English very well and I do not know what I read. It is the most probable. Well, a pic will be appreciated. A hug, my friend.
Well, I know now will come a lot of lines in this slang yours even more difficult to understand by me, ha ha.

Hehe, so you already know I'm gonna have a little fun with that goofy slang and maybe some double meaning junk. Let's see if I can keep that to a minimum this one time only. I doubt it, but you never know.

Truthfully, when I got this razor and saw how much the handle matched the 400-3 brush, I thought of you. Yep, I bet you would like this old razor. Just about the same color as the brush handle......the one I now have acquired because of you. Sheesh. The knot's on good shape but I want a badger one in that thing.

I am sorry bout not being able to provide pics with both of em together. I would have included a few of the I type Hydro Magics in the arsenal for added content. Oh well. You would probablybe amused and hopefully would want an F type for yourself....heh. It really is a surprisingly good shaver.

So here's a few pics gratefully borrowed from Coins and More Online. This is one weird looking thing. The handle's an almost exact version of the I type, except for a few somewhat important differences. One thing is how the head is joined to the handle and the other is how the metal handle feels in my hand compared to the I type.

You will see the head's a big old chunk of aluminum that's covered by a sheet of copper with a big round bronze safety bar. Pretty unusual design.

Here you go, my favorite snake oil salesman.

Attachments

• SchickTypeF-1940-Ex.jpg
    SchickTypeF-1940-Ex.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 21
  • SchickTypeF-1940-Ex_02.jpg
    SchickTypeF-1940-Ex_02.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 18
Humm. I see. Now it could be nice polishing it to mirror, to pair well with the brush. I think, even NOS, probably it does not shine. Yes, I definitely would polish if they were mine. To mirror shine! Ahhh. You are killing me softly with your song!

Aristocrat 15
Turkish no. 6
Polsilver stainless (2)
Denim shaving cream
Denim aftershave

Good result but that weeper under the nose which I always get with this razor bled for a good ten minutes.

Well, Martini, I counterattack with my humble things.

20130814.jpg

Thursday

Hot Shower, shampoo beard, wash beard
EJ DE98
Shark Super Stainless
Body Shop Macca Root shave cream
MenU Bristle brush
3 pass & touch up (Lush Dirty shave cream for the touch up)
Cold water splash
Alum
Gaultier 2 AS Balm

Pretty good shave, first with a Shark blade, promising :)

Greetings

Thursday 15th August 2013
Prep: Shower
Razor: GEM OCMM
Blade: GEM Blue Star Carbon
Brush: Vulfix 404 Mixed
Soap: La Toja Stick grated into a container
Aftershave: Astral Cream (light)

Superb shave as always from 'The King' of safety razors.

Regards
Dick.

DSC04533.JPG

Prep : clinique face soap and scruff
Razor : Merkur Progess XL
Blade : Wilkinson Sword
Brush : Simpson Chubby 2
Cream : Palmolive
Splash : superdrug Forest Fresh

Not a good shave. Just changed brushes to my new Chubby but really struggling to get this to lather very well. OK first pass but 2nd just wasn't a good enough lather and I badly knicked my chin and took a top of a spot on my upper lip under my nose which decided to bleed forever (honest).

Ditched the shave after the 2nd pass. Need to play with the Chubby a lot more as I don't seem to be getting on with it. Maybe time for a few test lathers with it.

Thursday xv July, 2013

Running super late this morning so....

out of shower, no patting down of chin, liberal dose of Vito's pre - shave and then two slow controlled passes with LD Digress dialled right down.

Not the best of shaves, but surprisingly smooth and irritation free.

I might consider buying a Feather cartridge for those odd occasions when time is very much of the essence...

Have a good day folks..

Jon

Thursday:

Mitchell's Wool Fat
Semogue SOC Boar
Ever Ready Streamline
Gem blade
TOBS Mr. Taylor's AS

I was running really late this morning so just did a few quick passes. Not BBS but still a very acceptable result.

Back
Top Bottom