Suggestions for the June Raffle

I'm more than a bit stumped on how to do this fairly, to accommodate enthusiasts of all styles of shaving. DEs, straights, soaps, goos, brushes are all easy to do - we can buy them from a shop. How would we set about raffling an SE and a vintage razor? We could pay a lot of money at the vintage section of several shaving shops, though I'm personally loathe to do so. As far as I'm aware, SEs are very much an ebay item and as such no good for these raffles as I couldn't guarantee winning the desired object. So over to you who know about these things, should you want to have an SE or vintage raffle.

Having said that, what do we want to raffle in June? All suggestions welcome but high end items preferred. I've been given a way of drawing one of ninety-eight numbers so, at £5 a ticket, we have a max prize value of £490 including shipping and a whack for TSR.

Hi all

I discussed this with Carl via PM and he suggested I see if you guys liked the idea or not.

I've got 4 or 5 rather special DEs that could go as individual prizes in the June Raffle:

NOS 1984 Super Adjustable cased and with cardboard shipper
20150125_163158_zpsxv9syvzh-1.jpg

1954 Gold Plated Tech from Pan Am Exclusive Presidents Suite in brass case and remains of the shipper - used twice.
20141119_184924_zpshdwawerc.jpg

Unused 1930s German Solingen style slant in original case and vintage blades.
20150511_205203_zpsvajvzuxh.jpg

Wilkinson Sword Sticky in mint condition with case and original blades.
20150511_205724_zps7ci19tfs.jpg

Cased Gillette Aristocrat replated by Hippo
2015-05-01_19.01.13_zpsd31k9u2t.jpg

Does this float anyone's boat?

No chance! That would be about two hundred and fifty tickets I'd have to track! It'll be either winner takes all or 1st, 2nd, 3rd, de dah prizes on your £5 ticket.

I'll solve the riddle of which is 1st Prize, which 2nd de dah. We'd start at the Aristo as 1st and work our way up the pile of photos Uncle Bertie posted - if we decide that the razors are indeed to be raffled in June.

This has gone very quiet! Can I infer that we are settled on Uncle Bertie's razors as the June prize(s)? Much quicker than I imagined!

And five winners starting with the Aristo?

Job jobbed?

Back
Top Bottom