Suggestions for the June Raffle

Bechet45 said:
No chance! That would be about two hundred and fifty tickets I'd have to track! It'll be either winner takes all or 1st, 2nd, 3rd, de dah prizes on your £5 ticket.

I'll solve the riddle of which is 1st Prize, which 2nd de dah. We'd start at the Aristo as 1st and work our way up the pile of photos Uncle Bertie posted - if we decide that the razors are indeed to be raffled in June.

So, are you saying Carl that for one ticket purchase of £5 each entrant gets a chance of winning one of the five razors from a pre-determined order?

If so, I think that's a really good idea. I assume Uncle Bertie will need some form of minimum number of entrants buts presumably you'll agree that between you.

Yup! that's the idea, Rob. Five winners out of forty-nine tickets. Or winner takes all, if that's what folk want. If we go with these razors.

At the moment, they look like being the prizes but I'm keen that other members state a preference for a prize - should they have one - and then we can consider all suggestions.

I suspect Uncle Bertie's razors will be the prizes and that there will be five winners, but it's still early days. For private purchase prizes like these, I need lead time to get things organised, agreements reached.

Bechet45 said:
At the moment, they look like being the prizes but I'm keen that other members state a preference for a prize - should they have one - and then we can consider all suggestions.

OK - if it's a definite suggestion you're after - my preference would be to number the razors as shown, each entrant pays £5 for a chance of winning 1 razor, lucky first winner gets no 1 razor but then drops out and winner 2 gets razor 2 etc., for 5 winners.

If you are taking names already then please add me.

By the way, I like the look of the slant.

I'm going to be in it for the slant - having only just realised I can put most any handle (long enough) onto the head. Doh!

I was really looking for options on the prize - a brush or whatever. No matter, we can keep on raffling!

Bollix! I've just spotted the flaw in my five prize methodology - no I haven't! All six balls are drawn from the same forty-nine - whew!!

BigMark said:
To bad I live stateside. That Black Beauty is calling my name.

Then buy a ticket or two! The ticket prices are worked on a UK delivery so should you win, it's a simple matter of you sending me a few bucks to cover the extra shipping cost - but maybe we could find the same razor in the States, anyway. (Please research that option for me.)

Same goes for everyone not resident in UK - please join in!

Im liking the idea of the vintage razors. Personally Im liking the slant.
5 people winning with a razor each spunds pretty good to me.
As for brushes some one mentioned BSB brushes, that would get my vote also.
You mentioned SE razors, which I'd be excited about but if thats not an option how about a custom handle for an SE? I've seen some lovely ha dles been made here bu members.

Bechet45 said:
BigMark said:
To bad I live stateside. That Black Beauty is calling my name.

Then buy a ticket or two! The ticket prices are worked on a UK delivery so should you win, it's a simple matter of you sending me a few bucks to cover the extra shipping cost - but maybe we could find the same razor in the States, anyway. (Please research that option for me.)

Same goes for everyone not resident in UK - please join in!
I would be willing to cover the postage.

ChopperHarris said:
Rather than working our way up the photos in order, can we do it tombola style and let each winner take the razor of their choice? So first prize, first choice and so on.
+1.

Please take your eyes off the slant, wazza!

I'll have a think about winners choosing their prize - it slightly complicates things but not impossibly so. What do other folk think - prizes in a set order or winners choosing?

Personally I think that adds too much complication and waiting time till people choose - the next in line has to wait until the predecessor has chosen.

Look at it on the basis that all 5 winners are equal rather than first, second, etc., but that the prize is linked to the order in which the winners are drawn.

Back
Top Bottom