Suggestions for the June Raffle

I see this as an opportunity to donate to the site. I'd rather gamble (and donate) for something valuable with low chance of winning, rather than something less valuable (that I'm less likely to actually want) with a higher chance of winning. Anything less valuable that I want I would have likely bought already.

alexface said:
I see this as an opportunity to donate to the site. I'd rather gamble (and donate) for something valuable with low chance of winning, rather than something less valuable (that I'm less likely to actually want) with a higher chance of winning. Anything less valuable that I want I would have likely bought already.

I'm thinking less expensive as around £150 and more expensive as around £250 or more. To each of those figures add, say, £15 shipping and £40 - £50 for TSR.

I'm sort of with Alex on this, I'd rather try to win something that I'd never be able to afford, or are rare and difficult to get hold of.
But even you're "less" expensive items are expensive :) :)

rowlers said:
I'm sort of with Alex on this, I'd rather try to win something that I'd never be able to afford, or are rare and difficult to get hold of.
But even you're "less" expensive items are expensive :) :)

"Rare and difficult to get hold of" are only possible by a member owning one and selling it to the raffle. We can't raffle something and then not be able to get hold of it and anyway, we would have to know the price before we begin selling tickets.

"But even you're "less" expensive items are expensive" is exactly why I am asking the question. Put another way, what would you like the top value of a prize item to be? And the lowest? This is only relevant in terms of numbers of tickets that must be sold to keep prices affordable.

Once we have all the start-up questions answered, the raffles can proceed smoothly in a manner best suited to the majority of members.

Well the tickets for straight sold really well and that was an "expensive" and niche(?) item. I don't think you will have any issue selling tickets for items in that price range..
It would be nice, maybe, to do a "cheap" raffle every now and then (every other month?) for may be a soap collection? Or a cheaper DE from the US (e.g. the double slant?). Or a brush?
just my thoughts... :)

All thoughts are very welcome! You put forward some good ones there, Rowlers, if I may say so.

Maybe I'm over-thinking this and getting a little anxious in front of the June Raffle and our first ninety-eight ticket, five prize extravaganza.

Back
Top Bottom