the se club

N_Architect said:
Yellow Jim said:
I've got a couple of Ever-Ready and Gem 1912s, as well as a Streamline and Pal Injector. Never given any of them more than the odd shave though, there always seems something else to try.

+1

No Streamline or PAL injector here.

Shave with an SE once, actually. Nothing extraordinary to me, way better than any DE closed comb of course. I do prefer DE open combs much more (at least at this present phase) but also do have a few SEs which I keep as you never know, I may be a convert in the future (although I don't think so).

When I'll be a full-force and highly experienced straight shaver, I'll donate my stock of 120 new GEM SE blades to the Shepperton community as an apology to them for not having adopted here yet one of their SE shavers and naturally distinguished TSR member. :p :p :icon_lol: :icon_lol:

My bags are packed "k" I'm ready to move in !!! Dont let me down !

JohnnyO said:
Just a thought, did you try removing & replacing the blade making sure it was correctly aligned. Just mention it because I had one pass once which left my face a red ruin & that misalignment turned out to be the prob. I know it's happened to at least one other member on here.

JohnnyO. \:blush:

That may well be the problem - I removed the blade to give a good rinse after the second shave - maybe it wasn't seated quite right when I came for my third shave...

Since I managed to shave with my Ever Ready 1912 open comb without blood or pain, I suppose I'm in. I had a bad time with my other Ever Ready but having read the above I might check the blade before I try that one again.
I now have Valet Autostrop but I'm going to order new blades before I try that one. Anyone know if you need to oil the cogs and mechanism on it?

I'm in the club. I have an ever ready 1912 model with a few blades that johnnyo PIFd me a while back. Although I only have the one SE razor I'm trying not to buy any more razors as I lost count at 15 and 3000 blades. There is nowhere for me to put it all!

Ooh can I join please, I have a Feather Artist Club RG................takes single blades and I am not classed as "real" straight user.........:icon_cry2::icon_cry2:.............So I thought you might welome me into your club as I am feeling a bit left out.......:icon_cry2:

missingskin said:
Ooh can I join please, I have a Feather Artist Club RG................takes single blades and I am not classed as "real" straight user.........:icon_cry2::icon_cry2:.............So I thought you might welome me into your club as I am feeling a bit left out.......:icon_cry2:

You are more than welcome young man, had one of those myself till I sold it to Evva :angel: However try an SE might surprise yourself !!!!
Pete

Like the rest of TSR us SE users are very big on inclusivity rather than exclusivity ! Bring us your single, double even triple edged weapons if you so choose ................. always find a welcome here.

JohnnyO. \:icon_razz:

Looks lovely JimboF, and I'll bet that you're going to find it's ever so much less threatening in performance than the appearance suggests.

Enjoy.

JohnnyO. \:icon_razz:

Back
Top Bottom