the se club

Count me in!
I had my first SE shave two months ago using a Gem pushbutton. Since then I've bought myself some more: an ever ready peerless, a 1912 travel set and today I received an ever ready streamline and a 1912, both cased.

Hiya,

Even though the only SE razor I use is my injector, it doesn't mean I don't have a few other versions laying aroung the arsenal. Yeah, got some assorted Gems and Ever Ready types, including a shovel head and a few Gem Damaskeene versions. Also have a few lather catchers, and here's some pics of those. Heh, never used em up till now, but who knows when that particular monkey will climb on.

Martin

These will all accept regular SE blades.

Attachments

• Gem Junior 1900 002 (Small).jpg
    Gem Junior 1900 002 (Small).jpg
    42 KB · Views: 35
  • lather catcher ever ready 001.jpg
    lather catcher ever ready 001.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 34
  • lather catcher Star.jpg
    lather catcher Star.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 31
I'm in. Will explain later. I'll donate both OC and CC MicroMatics to the group to pass around; especially to those who haven't tried an SE or those who are sitting on the fence. Will set this up L8R; busy work schedule. There are so many damn MicroMatic's in shops around here that most people use them for fishing "sinkers". If you have an American friend ask him to go down to the corner thrift shop and get you one for a few bucks. I'm sure I can come up with some cheap ones; some will be for $10. See what I did, by reading the post on 3 adjustables I donated, to cheapen postage by arranging to mail from England.

This is another way to shave your skin. And a very nice way to shave indeed. I haven't shaved with a straight but I will; I have "Time" to get there. Besides, I'm still licking my financial wounds of purchasing so many DE razors from Erwin in order to pay his rent - Dutch - ya gotta love them. Then a TSR member sent on loan a Kirby Beard that led to trading a razor to Max to get one of those Kirbys (not the same scalloped head as the guy North of Chicago, South of the tracks) because it shaved so well (my 1st one pass shave I shit you not). Now Erwin wants to go on vacation so I had to cobble together my retirement funds to purchase 3 Leresche razors to compare with the Kirby before I sent that packing back to Chicago along with a French cousin (similar handles; some history behind it).

I have a slab of Birds Eye Maple to have someone make some of those thingy's they have on the sides of the Str8. Just kidding. But I do have the Maple and will discuss on the Str8 forum. Stop it - a Str8 is a single edge right?

So if you're gonna get your Masters credentials or certification in shaving ya gotta come closer to the fire ...

Another thing before I close. My brother in law has been shaving with an injector since Christ was a corporal. Here is the site that he purchases his SE blades from: www.emsdiasum.com. Electron Microscopy Sciences out of Hatfield, PA. Write them and they will send you their catalog on CD (2 Vol) or get your stuff ordered on line. If they give any of you Ires, Scots or Engs any crap, let me know and I'll get it for you and send it off to your lands. I'm staying away from that one post Dodgy wrote.

Next time I'll talk about the Ender SE give away - with new blades. I've posted a picture on SOTD many moons ago.

Goodnight Gentlemen it's late.

Regards, Robert

I've only got the one 1912 - is that enough to join the club?

I think I've caught the bug though, after just one shave. If things keep going well I'll look at getting a streamline and/or micromatic.

Not only is one enough to join in M8 ...................... in my world even THINKING about a single edge or injector is more than sufficient reason to give this thread a glance.

JohnnyO. \:icon_razz:/

JohnnyO said:
Not only is one enough to join in M8 ...................... in my world even THINKING about a single edge or injector is more than sufficient reason to give this thread a glance.

JohnnyO. \:icon_razz:/

Loving the 1912 so much I've just bagged a Micromatic Clog Pruf to keep it company :)

I know that a lot of what we like in a razor is personal preference. But I'm becoming a little confused on this single edge stuff.
With a Gillette SS, (heresy I know) a 1941 ranger will shave basically the same as a 1947,1957, or a 1966SS. so if you shave with one you know what all the others will be like. In the few SE's that I've used it doesn't seem to be that way. It seems that when I use the ever-readys that I have or the star I need to go back to the gem micromatice to finish up. Looking at the prices of the SE on eBay seem to indicate that if they's selling for under 5$ the market knows something.
I guess what I'm asking is for a go to list of the ones we should be looking for and the ones we should avoid.
Can we/should we come up with that kind of thing?

A nice web site I just found that may be useful in id'ing SE : International Museum of Safety Razors.

http://www.creekstone.net/razors/gem.htm

Covers various makers, both SE and DE.

Sign me up too; I bought a Star Cadet off another forum member and an Ever Ready 1912 in a bakelite case off of Evilbay about an hour ago. :icon_eek:

Back
Top Bottom