Which soap/cream will you buy again?

I have just bought my second tub of T & H 1805 cream, it's the only cream I have ever gone and bought again.

There are far too many that I still have to try but the 1805 has to stay!

Will buy again...

T&H Limes - I think T&H cream is a touch better than TOBS or Trumpers. This is easily my favourite lime smell so far.
GFT Violet - Amazing smelling cream, good performance too

Won't buy again

TOBS Mr Taylor. I love the scent and the cream performs well, but it's a mild smell and by the time I'm shaving I've already used Mr T's soap or shower gel so the shaving cream smell is almost not there...

Any other lime so far - T&H smell is best yet.

T&H Grafton - I'm unlikely to replace the other parts of the Grafton range, so the cream won't be replaced.

T&H 1805 cream - I didn't like the scent

Cella
The Nanny's and Blighty stuff, though possibly with others from their ranges. All good so far.
All the Harris soaps.
The tobs Jermyn Street.
Probably the Trumper's limes - possibly with other ones. Definitely the Eucris.
La Toja.
Monsavon. Cade. Pre de provence. Possibly provence sante, if convenient.
Probably both the proraso soaps.

What I won't replace: most creams. They just don't get as much use. I'll probably end up with just a couple.

I much prefer hard soaps v. creams. So, I'm not going to be replacing any creams, but do enjoy them from time to time.

Will replace in order of memory:
MWF
DRH
MdC

Will not replace (or have not replaced):
TOBS Sandalwood (scent is bad and leaves strange aftertaste in my mouth unless I wash it off)
Tabac (scent)
GFT - the sandalwood is bad, new stuff is reported to be bad, will not replace
any glycerin soap. Although I should probably buy a bar to clean my brushes with.

Nanny's hard soap (I hope Sharon can see this thread...she'll be chuffed and quite rightly so).
MdC

There haven't been any creams that have made me come back for more, but in the mean time, I'm happy to keep looking.

Tardisbasher said:
Nanny's hard soap (I hope Sharon can see this thread...she'll be chuffed and quite rightly so).

Absolutely.

The difference between Soapal and the 'Big Boys' is that she listens to her customers. Actually she does more than that, she asks and THEN she listens.

And that's why she will still be selling soap while others (who think just because they have a "name" can sell us any old shite and then refuse to act on feedback) will continue to fail.

Nanny's ice and a slice is next on my list to try, but I have a few soaps / creams to get through. I think like many others, I bought loads of creams at first because they seem easier to get started with but over time I've switched to soaps and face lathering. As a result, I have a few creams that simply don't make it into my daily rotation and therefore they will end up on the won't buy list, even though they might be good products.

So: will buy again -

Proraso Green Soap
DR Harris Marlborough soap (and aftershave, and cologne...)
Speick Cream

Won't buy again:

DR Harris Arlington cream (don't much like the smell)
Bluebeard's revenge cream
Neal's Yard Soap
Ingrams cream
Palmolive soap (I know it's cheap and performs well, but I enjoy other stuff more)

Also, not soap or cream but here are a few others:

DR Harris Marlborough aftershave - will buy again
TOBS Mr Taylor's Gentleman's Aftershave - cracking aftershave, but the smell doesn't really win me over so won't buy again, but will try their other stuff
Speick Aftershave - it's great but I've overused it so am bored of the smell. Will buy at some stage in the future but not imminently
Steve's Bay Rum - excellent aftershave that I will likely buy again
Alum - I used religiously at first, but having shattered a block I've not missed it so will probably not buy again
Blue Beard's Balm - won't buy again - it's OK but doesn't moisturise enough for me (I have quite dry skin and need something creamier)
L'Oreal Men Expert Hydrating Balm - won't buy. It's OK, but stings when applied and leaves a greasy feeling
Boots No. 7 Balm - have bought many times. At £8 a tube it's not the cheapest, but it suits me down to the ground!

I would love to give Nanny's soap a go, but every time I go to the site and look at the hard soap lineup there's never anything available, I live in hope. But I'm a big fan of Vito's super coconut, that's the soap I would judge all others against performance wise.

Jamie

NotTheStig said:
Jamie, see my thread in the soaps section. I'll include Nanny samples

Hi Carl, there's only one of the hard soaps in the Nanny's range I want to try Cedarwood & Vetiver, I've put myself down as a reminder I'm waiting now for the call, but the Neroli (Citrus Aurantum) also looks appealing.

Jamie.

Thank you gentlemen for those kind endorsements. And apologies for the long period of low stock especially on the hard soaps - I don't know where this year has gone!! I have recently made more in Vetyver only, and French Lavender, so they should be available in a few weeks, along with a few others with any luck, which should include Cedarwood and Vetyver.

Back
Top Bottom