Which soap/cream will you buy again?

youareman.co.uk said:
I'd buy Otoko shaving soap. It's from Australia and it's 100% organic and very soft on the skin.

You don't say.

I'm sure if it were any good, we'd have heard of it already.

:icon_rolleyes:

Great first post by the way.

1/10

I'd happily buy again :

MWF
Palmolive sticks
Nanny's hard soap
Proraso - always my go to
Valobra Menthol

I quite like Cella and love the post-shave feel but I do struggle with it compared to other soaps for some reason.

I'm not really in to creams yet but the two I do like are Boots Cool Cologne and ToBS avocado.

Would buy:

MWF soap but no other of the few I've tried match this for scent/performance/price. Boots' soap stick has a nice scent and better than expected performance - certainly than Palmolive soap stick

Wouldn't buy:

TOBS sandalwood - hate the scent and don't rate its performance
Cella - performance ok, but the sickly Almond smell doesn't make me want to use it
Palmolive Stick - have a couple but although the smell is nice, I don't find it very moisturising
Dr Arlington - performance ok but the citrus smell is too strong - good to get rid of the rank 'new animal' smell from brushes mind ;)
Simpsons Cream - not really my cup of tea

Need to try some more TOBS creams which I have meant to and even the white proraso (don't like the idea of strong green version).

Red = Sold or will be
Blue = will replace when current one runs out

I've gone through ll my soap sticks now, all produce great lathers

Lea (Lanolin)
Tabac
Palmolive
Valobra
Speick
Boots
La Toja

Lea is the best of the bunch IMO, followed by Valobra.

All the others have been sold.

I've gone through all my soaps as well

Proraso Menthol (Green)
Proraso Green Tea & Oat (White)
Mitchell's Wool Fat
VITOS Super Extra Coconut

TOBS Jermyn Street
TOBS Sandalwood
Cella
Trumpers Coconut

TOBS Sandalwood went quite a while ago, Cella, Trumpers Coconut and Proraso White will be the next batch to go. Once i've tried TOBS coconut cream and Proraso blue cream, in case either will be joining them.

Hiya,

I'm waiting delivery on three more old Ralph Lauren Safari scented shaving soaps. First one lasted maybe 50 shaves, which ain't bad.

These should be enough to have in the arsenal, seeing as how I just started a new one recently.

Martin

Of the soaps tried so far it's Palmolive shave stick all the way. Smells great with superb lather and fifty frikkin pence.
Stop right there. I know when I've got the best deal in town.

Back
Top Bottom